Status: In Progress

9 1/2

6.

"Rose! Rose!" The Doctor kept calling for her, hoping that she was somewhere in this eerie house, calling back to him. "Rose!"

He wove in and out of doorways, past where the staircase used to be, but of course wasn't now. He scratched his head, "Oh, fantastic."

When he made his way back to the plastic kitchen he began to get frustrated. He stomped back to the pantry and yanked the door open. "You in there? I've got a few questions I'd like answered. For example: Where the hell am I?"

The woman, of course, didn't appear.

The Doctor huffed and began his search, again. "Rose!"

______

"We should go back to the TARDIS." Rose suggested. The truth was, she was afraid. She thought she'd gotten used to the danger and mysteries, but not even the Doctor knew that they'd gotten themselves into, and that worried her.

"If you think it's going to be that easy, then lets go." He put the sonic screwdriver back into the pocket of his jacket.

Rose smiled sheepishly and intertwined her fingers with his. "Then lets get a move on, Doctor John."

He chuckled, "Are you going to keep calling me that?"

"Until we get out of here, yes. Wouldn't want that grouchy ol' coot to over hear us! Who knows what 'The Doctor' means around here."

She'd meant it as a joke, but the Doctor took it very seriously. "You're right. Good thinking."

Rose! She only heard it faintly, in the back of her mind. Someone calling her name. The Doctor. Her Doctor. She hadn't really realized how much she missed him.

Tears welled in her eyes, but she wiped them away with her free hand before the Doctor could notice. He tugged on her other hand. "Rose?"

Funny, how different the same man could sound. But, of course, they weren't the same man. Not really. Both great, wonderful men, but not nearly the same.