Status: In Progress

9 1/2

Part 7

"It's got to be in this room." Rose sighed. They'd been searching for what felt like hours, of course, none of the clocks actually changed, so they had no idea how much time had actually passed.

"It feels like we've been here for an eternity- and I know what that feels like." The Doctor leaned against the wall, watching Rose check another few rooms, until finally she waved at him.

"John, I've found it!"

He gritted his teeth and splashed over to her. He hadn't noticed it before, but the TARDIS was actually sitting on top of the water. "Well, how could I have missed that? He wondered aloud.

Rose unlocked the door and climbed in, followed my the troubled Doctor.

"Aren't you glad we found her?" She asked, noticing the set frown on her friends face.

She stared at Rose for a moment, trying to decide if now was the time to bring up what was bothering him all of a sudden. "You call me John because you miss the other Doctor, isn't that right?" She was caught off guard, so he continued. "I get it, you liked him. It's got to be weird to watch a good mate turn into a completely different man. If I could change back... Well, for you, Rose, I'd do it."

"It's not as if I don't like you!" Rose exclaimed, "But yes, it was odd! I'm just still adjusting... He was so much more than a fr-" But the door started to open, cutting her off.

_____

The Doctor wandered the halls, occasionally shouting for Rose, in search of his TARDIS. Finally he found the stairs, again, and descended them.

It still took him a while to find the right room, but beginning to tire, the Doctor leaned his forehead on a door. It creaked open, nearly causing him to topple over.

"Oh-ho-ho, there you are, Beautiful!" He rushed over and put his hand on it's side. "I missed you." He smiled from one big ear to the other and opened the door.