Status: Was finished, now it's not... I'm working on that... :-) <3

You Had Me at Hello

Freaking Sean Avery

Morgan’s P.O.V.

That night I decided that I would surprise Alex this weekend in New York where his second game would be. I called my ex, Kevin, to see if he would be able to get me a ticket to the game on Saturday as he works for the Rangers. We had dated when I was a freshman in high school and while things hadn’t ended on the best note, we had since talked and had become friends. He said that he would be able to and asked if I wanted to meet Friday night to pick up the tickets and to get dinner and to talk. I agreed and told him that I would call him when my plane got in and he said that he would pick me up at the airport and take me to my hotel. I thanked him and told him I would text him with the information on my flight and hotel.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I walked up to Kevin and gave him a hug and we walked out to the street to get a cab to take us to my hotel. After I checked in we went up to my room so that I could change before we went to dinner. When I was ready we left my room and headed to the elevator. When we walked into the elevator there was a guy standing there and he looked familiar but I couldn’t place him. When we got to the lobby Kevin and I went outside and got another cab and went to dinner. We got to the restaurant and after we ordered we starting talking about what we had been doing and what was new. He told me that he had just found out that his girlfriend of two years had cheated on him with one of the Rangers players, Sean Avery.

“Oh my gosh, that’s horrible. I’m so sorry, love,” I said before reaching over and giving him a hug. He pulled me into him and we just sat like that for a while. After we pulled away he put his hand on my arm, said thank you, and kissed my cheek. After that we continued talking and soon our food had arrived and we began to eat. We finished dinner and he took me back to the hotel telling me that he would pick me up tomorrow to take me to the game. I thanked him and then after giving him another hug, headed up to my room and to a much needed night of sleep.

Alex’s P.O.V.

When MoJo told me that he had seen Morgan with another man in New York I was really confused because she hadn’t told me that she would be in the city this weekend. For one horrible moment I wondered if she was cheating on me with this guy. I thought that she liked me for more than my money and who I was to the hockey world. I thought that she liked me for me and that she would never do that. I tried to shake it off and figured I would talk to her about it that night when I called her. The team decided to go out for dinner so we all walked to a nearby restaurant that we had been to a few other times. As we were walking to our seats I happened to glance to the right and saw a woman lean over and hug her date. I just smiled and was going to keep walking when they pulled apart and I realized that it was Morgan.

I was shocked and hurt that she would do that to me. For a second I thought that maybe I was over reacting until I saw him put his hand on her arm and her cover his hand with hers and him lean in and kiss her on the check and her blush. By the time I got to the table I was beyond pissed and the team could tell. When they asked what was wrong I told them what I saw and MoJo piped up saying how he had seen them leaving the hotel together as well. The guys were all shocked and Mike was really surprised. After we placed our orders I decided to just try to brush it off and figured that I would just deal with it after the game tomorrow because there was no way I could talk to her now and not flip out and my team needed me to focus on tomorrow’s game.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To say that the game didn’t go well would be an understatement. It seemed like I couldn’t do anything right and I got the worst breaks ever that night. We ended up losing and I was pissed at myself. The team had played well but it was like I wasn’t there to lead them at all. When Morgan walked into the locker room after the game I almost lost it. I choose to just break it off with her and to do it as calmly was possible. She should know the reason so there was no reason for me to have to say that I had caught her cheating. To my surprise she took it calmly with only a few tears before wishing the rest of the team good luck and walking out.

“What’s wrong with her?” Nick asked.

“I just broke up with her,” I replied.

“What, why?”

“She cheated on me and was stupid enough to do it here while I was here.”

“What? She seemed so nice!”

“I know, right? But she was at the restaurant that we went to last night with some guy and hugged him and MoJo saw them leaving the hotel together.”

“Did you ask her about it?”

“No, I just told her that I needed to focus on playoffs.”

“Wait did you break up with Morgan?” Mike said from across the room.

“Yeah, why?”

“Did you ask her about yesterday?”

“No. Why should I?”

“Because I talked to Jen last night and she said that the guy that we saw Morgan with was her ex who got her a ticket for the game tonight as a surprise for you. She also said that when she talked to Morgan last night she said that he had just found out that his girlfriend had cheated on him with Avery, and that Morgan was always a touchy person and that she always hugs people. I didn't say anything because I figured you would have talked to Morgan about it.”

“Oh shit,” I groaned before dropping my head into my hands. ‘What have I done?’ I thought.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sad face! So it seems that Alex didn't have a problem keeping it in his pants he just can't communicate.... :-( Let me know what ya think please!!