Status: Was finished, now it's not... I'm working on that... :-) <3

You Had Me at Hello

I Do

By the time we got back to my house, I had calmed down enough to be ashamed of how I had acted. I had acted like a scared little girl instead of the strong, independent woman that I thought I was.

“I’m sorry.”

“For what?” Alex asked.

“For acting like a little girl and not being able to handle my own shit. You guys shouldn’t have had to step in. I should have been able to handle it on my own and I shouldn’t have had to leave afterward. I should be over that asshole enough that just seeing him shouldn’t have affected me as much as it did. He was right. I am pathetic and weak. I let him get to me and because of it, you guys got hurt. I’m a horrible person. Fuck! And now I’m ranting to you and once again not dealing with my own shit. I’m sorry,” I said, close to tears again before turning and walking toward the stairs to go change out of my dress.

Before I got to the stairs, Alex grabbed my hand and pulled me into his arms. He rubbed my back as he said, “You are a wonderful person. Everyone needs help sometimes. I’m just glad that I was there to help you when you needed it. Morgan, from what you said, he was going to rape you, and you were able to fight back and keep it from happening. To me, that makes you strong. It’s not surprising that seeing him affected you, you didn’t expect to see him and the last time you did, wasn’t exactly pleasant. You handled the situation just fine and it’s perfectly fine that you wanted to leave and there was only like half an hour left of the party anyway. You’re fine.”

I just shook my head, wondering how I could deserve such a great boyfriend. “You know, I think you may be perfect,” I said smiling up at the man who had managed to capture my heart in such a short time.

“I’m far from perfect. Thank you though,” Alex replied before leaning down to kiss me.

Before long, he was deepening the kiss, his tongue pushing into my mouth; his hands dropping do my hips to bring me closer to him. I threaded my fingers though his hair and held him in place, never wanting the kiss to end. Alex pulled away but only for a moment before kissing my neck and sliding his right hand up so that he was cupping the side of my breast. He moved back to my lips and drug his thumb over my nipple causing me to moan and arch into his hand. He continued to kiss me and we somehow ended up on the couch, with him lying on top of me. Just as I was reaching to undo the buttons on his shirt, the front door opened and all the hockey guys except Mike and plus Hoovey and CJ walked in.

Alex ducked his head, hiding his face for a moment in my hair and whispered ‘fuck’ causing me to giggle, before standing up and pulling me to my feet. I took a moment to straighten my dress before turning to face the guys with my face blazing red. Alex was talking to the guys so I just stood by his side, holding his hand. I glanced at Hoovey and CJ. CJ raised his eyebrows and Hoovey winked caused me to laugh and my blush to deepen. I shook my head and left the group to go change into more comfortable clothes. This time in a much better mood, thinking how it was funny what a difference a few minutes could make.

I quickly changed into shorts and a tee-shirt before heading back down stairs to join the group. I found that most of the guys had settled in the living room and had put on a movie. I asked if they wanted any popcorn or pop and went into the kitchen to get it. After giving the guys their stuff I went back into the kitchen to start a batch of cookies for Hoovey and the guys. As I was mixing up the batter, I felt someone wrap their arms around my waist and was able to tell from his scent that it was Alex and immediately relaxed into his arms. He pulled me close to his chest and dropped a kiss on the top of my head.

“What are you making?”

“Chocolate chip cookies,” I replied smiling.

“Any for me?”

“Maybe. If you’re good.”

“I’m always good.”

“Is that so?”

“Mmhmm. I’m perfect.”

“Okay,” I said sarcastically.

“You wound my pride.”

“You are such a dork.”

“Maybe, but you love me.”

“I do.”

“Good, I love you too,” Alex said before turning me in his arms and kissing my lips. I smiled into the kiss, happy that we had admitted that we loved each other. We continued kissing for a few minutes before I pulled back so that I could finish the cookies.

“Go watch the movie with the boys. I want to finish the cookies.”

“Okay, but only if you promise to save me some dough.”

“I was planning on leaving some out. Hoovey loves it and I figured a few of the other guys would too.”

“You are wonderful.”

“Nah, I just know how guys eat,” I laughed as Alex kissed me again before heading into the living room. I quickly finished mixing the cookies and after putting the first batch in the oven, put some of the dough into another bowl, grabbed a couple spoons and went out into the living room. The guys had turned on The Waterboy and were all enjoying it. I passed out the spoons and let the guys at the cookie dough before walking over and sitting next to Alex. By the time the guys had finished their treat; it was time to get the cookies out so I got up and went into the kitchen. After I removed the cookies from the oven, I put another batch in and started cleaning up the kitchen. I finished cleaning just as the cookies were done and after putting another batch in (I get about 4 or 5 batches out of one recipe) put the first set of cookies onto a plate and took them out to the boys.

The guys enjoyed the cookies and after finishing the ones on the plate, sent Jon in to get more. I just laughed and reloaded the plate and sent John back out to the guys. I finished baking and cleaning the kitchen then went to watch the rest of the movie. I sat between Alex and Sasha and enjoyed the movie, once again thinking about how lucky I was to have such great friends.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry that I made you wait a week for this not so great chapter. My bad.
Hope You guys liked it. :-) <3