Status: Was finished, now it's not... I'm working on that... :-) <3

You Had Me at Hello

Interview With A Vampire, Ok Not Really...

Alex’s P.O.V.

The next morning, while Morgan was getting ready for her interview, I went down to start making breakfast. When I got downstairs I found that Mom had already started. We talked about Morgan’s graduation and her grad party. I left out the part about her crazy ex pulling a knife on us but told her about him showing up and some of the drama that ensued. I didn’t tell her about the abuse that Stefan had put Morgan through, feeling that it wasn’t my place. My mom was sad that Morgan had had to deal with drama on a day that should have been stress free but was glad that everything had worked out.

Soon after that, Morgan came into the kitchen dressed in a perfectly tailored skirt suit, looking ready to conquer the world. I walked up to her and gave her a kiss which she returned with a smile. I asked her what time her interview was and she told him that it started in just over an hour and that she was going to leave soon. Mom asked her if she wanted any breakfast and after seeing that she had already made some, accepted her offer. After eating a quick breakfast, I walked Morgan to the door and wished her luck. She thanked me and after kissing me, left for her interview.

While she was gone, I got on the computer and booked two tickets to Russia for this weekend for my parents and then booked two more for the following week. I planned on asking Morgan to come to Russia with me for a month. I wanted to show her where I had grown up and wanted her to meet my friends from home and my family. An hour later the doorbell rang and after opening the door was surprised to see Morgan waiting.

“Why didn’t you just come in?”

“I figured it wasn’t my place to just walk into your home.”

“Well, as you are my girlfriend, and I do love you, I give you permission to walk into my home whenever you want,” I told her with a smile. After pulling her into the house I kissed her and asked him how her interview went.

“Pretty well,” she smiled and paused before adding, “I got the job!” and launching herself into my arms and fusing our lips together once again. After a minute I pulled back and told her congratulations. She beamed and thanked me before stepping out of my arms saying she was going to go change and call her mom and dad and tell them. I let her go and walked into the living room to talk to my parents.

After a while Morgan came into the room and sat next to me. My mom asked her how her interview had gone and after Morgan told her about getting the job; my mom got up and hugged Morgan, surprising her and making me smile. Dad congratulated her and Morgan thanked him, seeming happy that my parents cared.

We spent the rest of the afternoon talking with my parents. My mom told her many stories about when I was young, several of which I wish she wouldn’t have told like the one where I got my head stuck in the banister leading up to our apartment. Morgan laughed at some of the stories and ‘awwed’ about how cute I must have been making me blush. Morgan told my parents stories about growing up and about her niece.

I was happy to see that my parents really did seem to like Morgan making me feel great about asking her to go to Russia with me. That night, I took Morgan out for dinner to celebrate her new job. During dinner we talked about where she was planning on living during the school year, she told me that she planned on looking at houses before she headed home and asked if I would help her look. I assured her I would and even thought about asking her to move in with me. I decided against it afraid she would think I was pressuring her into something she wasn’t ready for and also I felt it was a little early in our relationship to be living together. Also I figured it would be good for us to have separate houses because I didn’t think she would want to live with my parents and I knew that I wasn’t always in the best of moods during the season and didn’t want to make her deal with that if she didn’t have to. Also I thought it would be nice to have some place for us to go to have time alone together.

When we finished talking about where she would live, we talked for a while about the upcoming season and who I thought would stay on the team and who would be new. I told her I was worried about Sasha leaving and she hoped that he would stay. I hoped the same but didn’t think there was a good chance of it. I told her that we had several new guys already signed and that I would have to meet with them sometime in July to welcome them to the team. She was interested in what the team did for the new guys on the team. I told her that normally the new guys would live with one of the veterans on the team for a year as a bonding experience and also as a way to help them adjust to a new town and in many cases a new country. She was glad that we took care of the new guys so well. I smiled and told her that we always took care of our own. She smiled back and told me that she was glad.

We finished dinner and headed back to the house. Before we pulled into the drive way I asked her if she would join me for a month in Russia, expecting a quick yes. What I got was a heavy silence and a fear that she was going to say no.
♠ ♠ ♠
:-) Yay! She got the job!! Do you think she will say yes to going to Russia? Should Alex have asked her to move in? Let me know! :-D &lt;3