Status: Was finished, now it's not... I'm working on that... :-) <3

You Had Me at Hello

Next of Kin

Alex’s POV

Five minutes into my drive to go get Morgan, my mom called and told me that they were taking Morgan to the hospital and to just meet them there. The next couple hours were a whirlwind of getting to the hospital, trying to convince the workers to let me back to see my girlfriend, and waiting for any kind of result.

They had finally finished all of the tests and allowed me into the room but wouldn’t tell me what was wrong because I wasn’t next of kin. I was going crazy imagining all of the horrible things that could be wrong with her. I couldn’t believe that just this morning, everything was fine. Morgan and I were cuddled together in my bed and were talking about everything we could think of, including where we saw ourselves in five years. Morgan had admitted that she saw herself married with her first child on the way, still teaching up until the end of the pregnancy. I had asked who she was planning on marrying and she had just buried her face in my chest and after blushing, I had heard her whisper “you” before refusing to say anything else. I hadn’t been able to wipe the smile off my face because I wanted the same thing. I loved this girl more than I thought was possible after such a short time and I couldn’t imagine my life without her.

That thought brought me back to the sterile hospital room where my parents were by my side offering support and strength as they had my whole life. I knew I needed to contact Morgan’s family, but I wanted to be able to tell them what was wrong before I called them. Apparently it must not be too serious because other than the heart monitor, she only had one I.V. in her arm. I was still worried because it had been almost five hours since she had fallen and she still hadn’t woken up. Neither my mom or my sister-in-law had noticed anything wrong with Morgan while they were out but I wasn’t surprised because Morgan had a tendency to conceal what she was feeling and I knew she wouldn’t have wanted Mom and Ana to worry about her.

After another half hour of waiting, I told my parents to just go home and that I would call them if anything changed. They argued at first that they wanted to be here but I convinced them that there was nothing they could do and after promising to call as soon as I knew anything they finally left, leaving me alone with my unconscious girlfriend for the first time.

I pulled a chair up to the side of her bed and gently grabbed her hand. I started talking to her, telling her how beautiful she was and how much I loved her. I begged her to wake up and told her what all we would do when she woke up. Once I thought I felt her hand move but when it didn’t happen again, I figured I had just imagined it. After a while, I finally fell silent before placing a gentle kiss on her hand. For the next few minutes, I just held her hand while playing with my phone trying to kill some time and keep myself from going crazy.

Every so often, a nurse would come in and check to see if there was any change, and while there was no change, they did not seem too concerned and were sure that she would wake up soon. I was still freaking out because I had no idea what was wrong with her or why she wasn’t waking up. I just wanted to know what was the matter and for her to wake up so we could fix whatever was wrong together.

At one point, I stood up and went to the bathroom and to get a drink and when I walked back into the room, I took Morgan’s hand again and was surprised when I felt a slight movement. I started talking to her again and was overjoyed when I felt her hand move again. I was still talking to her, telling her how beautiful she was and still begging her to wake up, when her eyes opened for a second before closing again. This process repeated several times before she was able to keep her eyes open. When she was finally able to keep her eyes open, I could tell she was confused and figured she just wasn’t sure how she had gotten there. I never would have expected what came out of her mouth next.
♠ ♠ ♠
So.... I'm back... for the moment at least. I know I'm a bad person. I decided that I didn't like how Morgan randomly got kidnapped.... (If I did drugs I would blame it on that but I don't so I'll just say I was crazy or something) but yeah... so what do you think is wrong with Morgan?