Status: Was finished, now it's not... I'm working on that... :-) <3

You Had Me at Hello

First Meeting from His P.O.V.

Alex’s P.O.V
After practice the guys and I decided to spend some time in the city and take a chance to relax and enjoy seeing the monuments. When we were at the Lincoln Memorial we were looking around when I saw a young woman standing off to the side looking at the speeches on the wall and lost in thought. She was tall and had brown hair pulled up in a bun, I think is what they call it, she looked like she was in her early twenties and while she had more curves than I normally found attractive, there was something about her that made me want to talk to her. I noticed that she was wearing a Capitals hoodie and that sealed my discussion to approach her. I convinced the guys to pose for a picture with the giant statue and went over to ask her to take it for us. I tapped her on the shoulder after trying to get her attention several times before realizing she had in headphones, she turned and smiled asking if she could help me. I just stood there smiling like a fool for a moment before I asked her to take a picture for us. After she agreed I realized that none of us had a camera other than our phones and before I could reach for my phone, I remembered that it had died earlier. I was relieved when she offered to take a picture with hers and send it to me. I figured that would be perfect because then I would not only get to talk to her I would also have her number. After I entered my number into her phone she finally realized who I was. At first she seemed to be a little shocked but quickly shook it off and sent me the picture. She then introduced herself as Morgan and offered her hand for me to shake. When I grabbed her hand to shake it I swear that I felt a spark. Just as I was about to start a conversation, Nicky started to complain that he was hungry, I had to hold back a glare. I decided to ask Morgan to join us for lunch and to my delight she agreed.
At lunch I was surprised when Morgan ordered a burger and fries and ate it all. I was impressed, not gonna lie it’s kind of a turn on when a girl actually eats real food, I was so used to the girls who just picked at food without eating any of it. I also was impressed when Morgan treated us all like regular people. After her “fan girl moment” in the car I was a little worried that I had a puck slut on my hands but she proved to be actually interested in us as people and she seemed knowledgeable about the game. I could tell that she still had a lot to learn but she already knew a lot. While we were eating we talked about sports and while I figured that Morgan would be bored by the topic and was looking for a way to change the topic so that she didn’t feel left out but as it turns out in certain sports like golf and football she knew more than most of us guys. To say I was impressed would be an understatement. The best part was that it didn’t seem like she was trying to impress us, she was just talking with us like we had been friends for years. During lunch it was decided that I would get her and her friend tickets to the game tomorrow night. When I told her that she gave me a hug which kind of surprised me but then I allowed myself to enjoy the feeling of her in my arms. I decided right then and there that I would get her the best seats I could along with passes to come to the locker room after the game and maybe I would put something else in with the tickets too. When the check came, Morgan offered to pay for her meal which impressed me again but I declined and said that I would get it. Right as we were about to leave Morgan asked if she could get a picture with the guys and me, so we all squeezed together and Morgan held out her phone as far as possible before snapping a picture of the five of us.
After we left Morgan and I decided to go walk around the mall. I had only been there a few times in all of my time in Washington. The thing I don’t like about my job is that I don’t normally get the chance to just relax and to be able to do it with a beautiful girl just made it all the better. Morgan led me all over the mall and she once again surprised me by listing a bunch of random facts about all of the monuments. When we were by the reflecting pool between the Lincoln and Washington Memorials we got into a discussion about how it was cool to be in the same place that parts of one my favorite movies, Forrest Gump, were shot. The conversation somehow turned into us discussing our most recent relationships, a topic that was unhappy for both of us. I was curious about Morgan’s last boyfriend and was surprised that she had been single for so long.
We ended up walking around for several hours and while we walked we talked about everything from our childhoods to our favorite colors. We took tons of pictures and I knew that I would look at the pictures and smile for quite some time. I was glad that I had thought to charge my phone while we were at lunch. It was nice to spend time with someone who treated me like a real person other than the team or my family. I felt like I didn’t have to be anything other than me. It was a relief to act like a twenty-something year old for once and not worry about everything I said. As it got later it started to get colder and I noticed Morgan shiver. I decided to take a chance and put my arm around her. She smiled and wrapped her arms around my waist. We continued to walk around until Morgan’s phone rang. She looked at the screen and answered then told whoever she was talking to that we were by the World War II memorial and to let her know when they got here. When she got off the phone I asked her who had called and she said that it was her friend Jen. It made me sad to think that the day would be ending. Morgan then offered to let me hang out with them for a while longer and I accepted.
When a girl walked up to us and froze at first I thought she was a fan girl wanting a picture but then I noticed that she was looking at Morgan not at me. She then asked who I was and Morgan told her and introduced us. When Morgan said my name I saw Jen roll her eyes and wondered what that was about. We then decided to go see the Jefferson Memorial. On the walk over I put my arm around Morgan again and was overjoyed when she wrapped her arm around me again. After a while I decided to take the girls to get some food and took them to a small restaurant near my house that I knew had great food. After dinner Morgan started to argue with me about paying the bill. I really didn’t want to let her because I was raised that the guy should always pay but after a while and Jen stepping in and telling me that it was hopeless I gave in but promised to get her back. I decided to take her out after the game tomorrow night. When we got back to her car I was sad to see the day end, it was one of the best days that I had in a long time and I was worried that I may not get to do that again. After I said good bye to Jen I pulled Morgan into a hug just to try to imprint the feel of her against my body into my mind. I told her that I would see her after the game and while I wanted to kiss her full on the lips I decided that I wouldn’t push it tonight and decided to just kiss her on the cheek. I then got into my car and drove away with a huge smile on my face still able to feel her on my lips.
When I got home my parents were still awake so I sat and talked to them for a while and told them about my day. I then had to go to bed because we had a big game coming up the next night against the Cryers. I fell asleep that night with a smile on my face and a beautiful woman on my mind. I couldn’t wait until the next day when I would get to see Morgan again.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this was just an overview of the day from Alex's P.O.V... I'm sorry if it seems repetitive and it will get better I promise!

Hope y'all are having a great day!! :-) <3

****Edited 10/8