Status: Was finished, now it's not... I'm working on that... :-) <3

You Had Me at Hello

Paging Dr. Nichuskin! Paging Dr. Nichuskin

*******Hey all!! I changed how the last chapter ended so be sure to go back and read that first! Thanks!!!*******

Morgan's P.O.V.

The next thing I knew, I was sitting up in a hospital bed with Alex sitting in an uncomfortable looking chair holding my hand. I looked around, trying to figure out what the hell was going on. The last thing I remembered was feeling a little dizzy while shopping and then I had woken up from a really fucking weird dream where I didn’t remember Alex and all of a sudden he turned into a weird duck/ man hybrid thing. During my inspection of the room, I noticed that The Mighty Ducks was playing on the TV so that explained the last part of the dream at least.

“Babe, I just had the weirdest fucking dream and where the hell am I?” I asked while looking at Alex.

“We will talk about the dream in a little while and you are in the hospital. You were shopping with Mom and Ana when you fell and hit your head. That was about five hours ago. You scared the hell out of me. The doctors won’t tell me anything because we aren’t related. I was going to try what they do in the movies and tell them that we are engaged but Mom had already told them we were just dating.”

“That was a good idea though babe. I suppose we should let the nurses know that I’m awake so we can figure out what the hell happened and get me out of here.”

I pushed the button on my bed rail and before long a nurse walked in. When she saw that I was awake, she smiled and started to talk quickly in Russian. I looked over at Alex and saw that he was nodding along. I figured that if she asked a question Alex could answer or he would translate for me. A minute or two passed before the nurse even realized that I couldn’t understand her. After that, she said something to Alex and turned to walk out of the room, closing the door behind her.

I looked at Alex, waiting for an explanation. “She said that she was happy that you were awake and that you had nothing to worry about. She is going to get the doctor to talk to us. Apparently he can speak some English so if you want to talk to him alone, I understand.”

“Whatever he has to say to me, he can say in front of you and whatever it is, we will deal with it together. I love you.”

“I love you too. Please never scare me like that again.”

“I’ll do my best. Now kiss me before he walks back in,” I said with a smile. Alex smiled back at me before leaning in a placing his lips gently against mine. I let out a small sigh, basking in how amazing even a simple kiss from this man could make me feel. I had never imagined that I could feel this way with someone and I will be forever grateful that I met him. Before we could get too out of hand, there was a knock on the door and the doctor walked in.

“I Dr. Nichushkin,” he introduced himself. I found it interesting that he had the same name as the doctor in my dream. “Now, you want Alex stay or go?”

“I would like him to stay please.”

“Ok, may be better. I sure you want to know why you fainted. When last time you ate?”

“I had a piece of toast this morning.”

“What you eat yesterday?”

“Toast, some fruit, and a couple meatballs.”

“You need to eat more than that. The reason you fainted was because your blood pressure dipped. You need to be careful because you are slightly anemic.”

“I’ve been told that for years but it’s never made me pass out before.”

“That happens. Some people are affected differently and it may just have been timing. Not eating a balanced diet and menstrual bleeding combined could make a woman faint.”

“That would be it. I am in the last days of my period.”

“Try adding more vitamin B12 to diet. That should help. We want do one last check up, then you are free to go home. Any questions?”

“No doctor. Thank you.” Dr. Nichuskin gave me a smile before leaving me alone with my boyfriend. “I was really impressed with how well he spoke English, I thought you said the nurse said he only spoke a little.”

“I was too. So anemia?”

“Yeah, like I told the doctor, it’s something I’ve had for years. This is really the first time it’s been an issue though. I guess I will have to look into adding more B12 to my diet.”

At that point the nurse walked back in and sent Alex out to the hall. While she was in the room, she checked my blood pressure, heart rate, and several other things before unhooking me from the machines. She then handed me my clothes and pointed towards the bathroom before giving me a smile and leaving. After I got dressed, Alex came back in and soon we were able to leave the hospital.

When we got back to his house, his whole family greeted us at the door and I was bombarded with questions and hugs from everyone. Once everything calmed down, I explained what had happened (leaving out the part about me being on my period) and promised everyone that as soon as I got back to the U.S. I would look into vitamins.

That evening, we ate a big supper and sat around talking like we had every other night. It was wonderful to spend time with this loving family and even better to do it while Alex held my hand.

Several hours later, Alex and I went up to bed and after changing into our sleepwear (a tanktop and shorts for me and just boxer briefs for him) we climbed into bed. He pulled me into his arms and kissed me. Before long, my hands were tangled in his hair and his were running up and down my back all while he kissed me like we had been apart for months.

After a few minutes, I reluctantly pulled away. Alex pulled me tighter into his arms and I gladly snuggled closer to him.

“So while I was in the hospital, I had a dream that we were making out and my heart monitor went off and all the nurses came running.”

“I can see that happening.” Alex replied with a laugh.

“Yeah, not going to lie I'm ok with us missing that experience,” I said while my head on his chest. “I love you.”

“I love you too. I'm so glad you agreed to come here with me.”

“Me too,” I smiled up at him, not believing how happy this man made me. With one last kiss, we both fell asleep wrapped in each other's arms.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey all! Here's a new chapter... Ya know... It only took me 9 months... My bad. Let me know what you think. :-) I'm back to what I have already written so in theory I'll be able to update more quickly....