Status: Was finished, now it's not... I'm working on that... :-) <3

You Had Me at Hello

Shenanigans with Sasha

The next morning I woke up and after taking a moment to remember where I was and what had happened last night, I was pleasantly surprised to find that I didn’t have a hangover. After using the bathroom and brushing my teeth with a spare toothbrush I had thought to keep out, I slipped my jeans back on. After folding the blankets I had used, I walked down the hall and noticed that Sasha’s door was still closed, I decided to make us some breakfast, thankful once again that I had somehow escaped a hangover. As I was waiting for the sausage to get done, I looked through my phone and saw that I had called Alex the night before and recalled the conversation and couldn’t believe that I had called him while I was drunk. I shook my head and hoped that he wouldn’t think too much about what I had said. Once breakfast was ready, I put it all in the warmer and went to wake up Sasha. After he was awake, we had breakfast and decided to work on packing the first floor of the house.

That night, after we finished packing, I decided that Sasha and I needed to go out and celebrate living through packing up his house. We ended up at the bar that the guys went to after games during the season. After three drinks for me and I don’t even know how many drinks for Sasha, we decided it was time to head home for the night. After we stumbled out of the taxi and made our way up to the house, I headed into the kitchen to get another drink and some glasses for the two of us.

As I walked back into the living room, I found Sasha plugging in his phone to the stereo that we had apparently forgotten to pack. The next thing I knew, The Gummy Bear Song in Russian was blasting through the house and after Sasha and I each did a shot of vodka, we both starting dancing around his living room like fools. After the song ended, we each did another shot.

When the next song started, we continued our impromptu dance party. Several shots and songs later, I misjudged the amount of space I had and ended up tripping over a box and falling. When Sasha came over to help me up, I looked at the box and saw that it was marked Christmas decorations. Sasha and I looked at each other and apparently shared a brain wave and devised a plan that to our inebriated brains sounded like a great idea.

Over the next hour, we searched and found all of Sasha’s Christmas decorations and began carrying them outside. Once we had everything outside, Sasha and I each donned a Santa hat and started putting decorations up on Sasha’s house. After we put a few up, we decided that the neighbors needed to be able to share in the spirit as well and set about putting decorations on their houses as well, pausing every so often to do another shot. While we were decorating, I was trying to teach Sasha how to sing Deck the Halls in English. We both ended up singing at the top of our lungs, and apparently the neighbors didn’t like it.

Right after we put up the last of the decorations and were stepping back to admire our mad decorating skills, a police car pulled onto Sasha’s street with the lights on and the Siren blaring.

~~~~~~

I woke up the next morning to someone muttering in Russian with a splitting headache, wrapped in a pair of warm, strong arms. After a few minutes I finally convinced myself that it was a good idea to wake up and as I opened my eyes, I realized that I was lying with my head on Sasha’s chest, wrapped snugly in his arms.

The first thing that ran through my mind was ‘oh shit! What have I done? How could I hurt Alex this way?’ A minute into my panic attack, I realized that both Sasha and I were wearing jeans and that we weren’t in a bed but rather on a hard metal slab beside a cinder block wall.

I sat up, saying “what the fuck?” only to turn and see bars. I was really starting to freak out and looked down at Sasha and shook him awake, hoping he could explain what had happened. Just as he was waking up, I heard someone clearing their throat by the bars and looked up and said “oh shit.”

Standing at the bars were Mike and Jen. Mike looked amused while Jen looked like she wasn’t sure if she wanted to be amused or pissed.
♠ ♠ ♠
:-)