Status: Was finished, now it's not... I'm working on that... :-) <3

You Had Me at Hello

Christmas in July

Jen’s P.O.V ~Written by Colby_Armstrong9

I stood by Mike's side in front of the iron bars that caged my friends. I was angry with them because they had gotten caught and Alex had to call me all the way from Russia to inform me that I needed to leave my parents' house to pick them up in Washington D.C. Mike had to drive through the night in order to be able to get them out as quickly as possible. I was just steaming with anger until I got to the police station where I said I was representing them both and found out exactly what they had done, put Christmas decorations on the neighboring houses for Christmas in July. I had to hold back a very unprofessional snort once I heard that and my anger lost its luster, not that those two had to know about that little fact. To them, I was to look intimidating so that they would know to avoid this in the future.

Mike chuckled, he was in on the joke, and leaned down to whisper in my ear, "Easy on the eyes killer. They look a little sorry. There's no need to tear them a complete new one."

I sighed and my shoulders sagged a little, "Fine. Can you get the papers I need to sign for me?"

"Sure," with a kiss on the forehead, Mike walked through the hall of cells into the office part of the jail to retrieve what I asked for.

I turned back to the jail baits and raised an eyebrow, "Christmas in July? You two are completely idiotic and will no longer be getting hammered unsupervised. I got all the charges dropped, but you are still in trouble for making Mike and I drive all the way here in the middle of the night."

"I sowy Portman, my bestest friend ever!" Morgan said with a puppy dog look on her face and a bat of her eyelashes.

I honestly couldn't say that I was surprised about all of this. It was so Morgan to want to decorate a neighborhood. I distinctly remembered her decorating her dorm for every holiday she could. It really wasn't out of her capability when vodka was involved. It was a predictable Morgan drunken move.

"Yeah, yeah I'm sure you are. Shaun says hi by the way and he hopes that you enjoy the hangover."

"Did he convince you that yelling was not going to solve this problem because I expected a little more of it to be honest," Morgan admitted.

"Yes he did. He said it was probably the only immature thing you did in your life and I should let it slide. He also said that you owe me pretty big for this, so I intend to cash in one of these days."

"I can do that.'

I looked over at Alex who was sitting on the bed and holding his head in his hands, "Semin you aren't forgiven I get to meet your new team captain Eric Staal."

"Okay. Thanks Jen."

By this time Mike had returned with the paper work and a guard. Once I signed all the paperwork, the guard let the two rule breakers out and we took them back to Mike's house to nurse them back to health and for Mike and I to talk about what exactly Morgan's huge favor would be. I was over the whole thing because I knew that if Mike and I had been in the situation she and Sasha were, she and Alex would have drove all the way to come get us as well, so all was easily forgiven. The only thing I was truly upset about was getting my family time cut off early because I adored how well Mike got along with my family and it was making me fall in love with him more than I already was. There would be other times, I decided as I made my two goofy friends a homemade hangover remedy as they started a movie for the four of us to watch.