Status: Was finished, now it's not... I'm working on that... :-) <3

You Had Me at Hello

And Shepherds We Shall Be For Thee My Lord For Thee...

Jen and I spend the next couple hours getting ready….well it took us each about twenty minutes to actually get ready so we spent the rest of the time just chilling.

At 11:40 we heard a knock on the door. As I jumped up to go answer the door, I heard Jen sigh. I looked at her and asked if she was ok with this.

“Yeah, I’m fine. I just can’t believe that we are really doing this.”

“I know I can’t believe that this is happening, after joking around so many times it’s finally happening. You ready?”

“Let’s do this.”

I walked over and opened the door just as Alex was raising his fist to knock again. As soon as he saw that it was me that opened the door he pulled me into a tight hug which I returned while laying my head on his chest and taking in his freshly showered scent. I felt him kiss the top of my head and I smiled. After a minute Jen cleared her throat obnoxiously and we stepped away from each other. I smiled at him as he turned and said hi to Jen and asked if we were ready to go. When we said yes, Mike and Jen started walking down the hall holding hands. As I started to walk after them, Alex grabbed my hand to stop me. Just as I looked up at him in confusion he leaned down and placed a gentle kiss on my lips causing me to blush and smile.

“By the way, I never did say hello,” I laughed as I gave him a quick kiss on his full lips.

“You’re right you didn’t, but neither did I,” he laughed and placed another kiss on my lips before grabbing my hand so that we could follow our friends who were waiting by the elevator. The four of us rode down to the lobby then walked out to the street to get into Mike’s black Range Rover. Alex opened my door and after we were both seated, took my hand and smiled at me. I returned his smile and gave his hand a squeeze.

When we got to the restaurant we were taken to a table in the back and told our waitress would be right with us. As soon as she showed up I could tell that this was going to be a long day. Our waitress, Misty, felt that she only needed to address Mike and Alex and that she needed to flirt over the top with both of them, mostly Alex.

Every time she came back to the table her shirt seemed to be lower than the time before and I was really starting to get annoyed. Finally after Misty left to get our check Jen’s and my eyes meet and we shared a silent conversation. Well, we tried. I was just getting ready to pull out my phone and text her because I knew she wasn’t getting it when Mike stepped in. It was both troubling and amusing that Mike, who I had met like 3 times knew what I was trying to communicate better than my roommate of four years. I shouldn’t have been surprised though, for whatever reason Jen tended to take a little longer to get my mental “comments” than most… I guess our brains just haven’t synched up yet.

It took him a minute to convince her, but Mike finally got Jen to agree to my plan just as Misty was walking up to the table. Right before she got to the table, both Jen and I pulled our dates to us and placed a kiss on their lips. I was amazed that even with the small kiss I still felt a spark when Alex and my lips met. I have no idea how I got lucky enough to meet this man, let alone get to kiss him. I could somehow tell that I had a real chance at a happily ever after to this man. I just hoped he felt the same way. I also hoped that Jen would be able to step out of her own way and finally realize that Mike could be her happily ever after.

Alex and my kiss lasted longer than Jen and Mike's and when we finally pulled apart, they were both smirking. Alex let out a chuckle at the fact that Jen and I had used Mike and him to make a point to Misty knowing that she had been annoying us and I could tell that he was starting to get a little fed up as well. I saw that while Alex and I were kissing Misty had left the check and walked away. Jen and I decided to just let the guys pay without putting up a fight. As we left the restaurant, I saw Misty and saw that she was glaring at me and I just smiled.

The four of us agreed to go back to Alex’s house to watch movies. (Alex’s parents had left this morning on a 7 day cruise that Alex had gotten them for their anniversary before they planned to return to Russia until their next visit.) When we got to Alex’s house Mike picked out one of Jen and my favorite movies of all time for us all to watch, Boondock Saints. Mike and Jen sat on the couch with about a foot and a half of space between them but with their hands joined. Alex and I sat down on the love seat, sitting so close that our legs touched and he put his arm around my shoulders and I leaned into his strong chest. I had a really hard time not quoting the whole movie but when Jen suddenly yelled along with Murphy: “I can’t believe that just fucking happened,” I had to join Rocko in saying “is it dead?” Then for the rest of the movie between Jen and me we quoted the whole movie. After the movie finished we decided to put the second movie, The Boondock Saints II: All Saints Day, in. At some point during the switch I ended up sitting between Alex’s legs with his arms wrapped around me. When I glanced over at Jen and Mike, I was pleased to see that Mike was lying down with his head on Jen’s lap while she played with his hair. Alex felt the need to whisper all of the lines into my ear causing me to shiver more than once. I would never tell him this but that day I decided that Russian accents are just as sexy as Irish accents if not slightly sexier. The funny part was that nothing said in the movie was particularly sexy but for whatever reason, his voice in my ear sounded like poetry.

After the movie ended it was time for dinner so Jen and I decided that we would cook for the guys. We found everything that we needed to make a nice dinner of chicken parmesan for Alex and Mike and started to cook. Once we were done cooking, we called the guys in and we all sat down together at the table to eat. After dinner was finished and everything had been cleaned up, we decided to watch the Penguins hockey game. The guys wanted to watch because they had a game coming up with the Pens soon, Jen wanted to watch because she is a diehard Penguins fan, and I wanted to watch because I like the Pens and also because it’s always amusing to watch hockey with Jen. Part way into the first period the guys figured out just how much Jen loved the Penguins and found it funny how she yelled at the T.V. During the game I ended up cuddled to Alex like we were during the movie and Mike’s head was back on Jen’s lap. The game ended with the Pens winning which made both Jen and I happy. By the time the game ended it was after 11 and the guys had a morning skate early the next morning so that they could get ready for the game.
Alex walked Jen, Mike and I to the door while holding my hand. When we got to the door Jen and Mike said good night and heading out to the car. The next thing I knew I was pulled into Alex’s arms and he was kissing me like there was no tomorrow. After a minute or two I felt his tongue on my lip and opened to allow him in before our tongues starting dancing together. After what felt like an eternity but in reality was only a few minutes we broke apart gasping for air and he pulled me tight to his strong chest and just held me there. Once we had regained our breath he whispered into my ear asking me to come to his game tomorrow. I agreed and he said that he would have tickets for Jen and me. Just as he was about to kiss me again we heard a horn honk impatiently. Alex gave me a quick kiss and said good night. I kissed his lips quickly and wished him luck for the following night then walked outside to meet my friends.

When we got back to the hotel, Mike walked us to our room and I said good night and good luck for the following night and went into the room to give my best friend some time alone with her longtime crush. After a good five or ten minutes Jen walk in with a slightly flustered look on her face. I looked at her questioningly and waited for her to explain.

“He fucking kissed me,” Jen said with a blush and I could tell that she was seconds from freaking out.

“Yeah buddy. Bout fucking time,” I said with a smirk. “So how was it?”

“Fuck that, like I’m telling you.”

“So it was amazing,” I laughed.

“Yeah fuck you.” I started laughing at that and decided to take a shower to allow Jen a chance to calm down so that she wouldn’t freak out on me anymore. When I got done I noticed that Jen was reading on her laptop and she refused to look at me. I laughed and got into bed and decided to do some reading as well. Right after I started reading I felt my phone go off and looked down to see that I had a text from Alex.

Hi beautiful. What are you doing?

Hey yourself. I’m just sitting in bed reading. What are you doing?

I’m sitting in bed watching a movie. So what are you doing tomorrow after the game?

What movie? And I don’t know. Why?

Across the Universe and I was wondering if you would want to go to dinner with me. Mike said something about asking Jen to dinner, just the two of them. So what do you say?

That is an amazing movie and I would love to. :-)

Wait you’ve see it? And great. I will leave passes for you and Jen again with your tickets.

Oh yeah, I love that movie. :-) and thank you so much!! :-D

We will have to watch it together sometime and you are very welcome.

That would be great. :-)

Hey I’m sorry but I need to get to sleep so that I can get up in the morning.

That is fine. I’ll see you tomorrow. :-) Good night. Sweet dreams.

Good night beautiful sweet dreams. See you tomorrow. :-)

Shortly after we finished texting I decided to go to sleep and ended up waking up early to Jen rushing around like a fool. Before I could ask her what was going on, I heard a knock at the door, and Jen opened it to reveal Mike. Without a backward glance, she shut the door and walked out.

‘Well okay then,’ I think to myself. 'Looks like I have some time to myself.' I decide to get ready and go have breakfast downstairs before deciding what to do for the day. I ended up having a wonderful breakfast of chocolate chip pancakes and breakfast potatoes. While I was eating, I had one head phone in, listening to some Fall Out Boy and reading a novel on my phone. As I’m finished up my food, I sent Jen a text asking when she would be back.

I’m so sorry Fulton! I meant to tell you, Mike brought me to practice and then we are going to chill at his house until the game.

It’s fine, I wondered where you were going this morning. I’ll see you at the game! :-)

Okay! :-)

With a day to myself in the Nation’s capital, I decide to go visit the American History museum and spend the day wondering around until the game.
♠ ♠ ♠
:-) I really liked this chapter... anytime I can combine The Boondock Saints, hockey, and a really sweet guy it seems like a good time to me. :-) Hope you guys liked it. Let me know. Thanks to everyone who is taking the time to read this.<3 <3

*****Edited 10/10
So yeah.... that all happened. lol. :-D