Status: Done. Lost hope in this story. Sorry. kay?bye. :/

Pretty Young Thing

Chapter 5

Fury sat across the table from me, Dad was right next to me. Fury wanted me to train and be on the Avengers team, Dad disagreed. He didn’t want me to fight. It ‘wasn’t safe enough’. I wanted to help, if I could train more, I bet I’d be a lot of help. Dad was being stubborn, he wouldn’t listen to anything that we said. We’d been arguing about this for almost an hour now, but Dad was starting to finally crack.

“Stark, she’d be a big help. She’ll train with Natasha. Natasha’s the best we have; Vivienne would get the best training in fighting and weapons. We wouldn’t put her on the team if we thought she couldn’t handle it.”

Dad ran his hand through his hair and sighed. “If she gets so much of a scratch, I’ll kill you Fury.”

Fury smirked. “I wouldn’t expect any less from you Stark. You know Natasha, she’ll have her prepared.”

Dad turned to me. “Go change into some workout clothes Vivienne, meet Natasha in the training room. You better be happy I’m letting you do this.”

I couldn’t help the smile that was on my face. “I’m ecstatic. Thank you so much!” I hugged him quickly and ran to my room to change.

------

Every day for five days, I met Natasha in the training room. We trained non-stop. Everything from shooting all the guns Shield had to fighting hand-to-hand combat. I cheered in high school, so I was flexible. The guns were easy, my aim was pretty good. Fighting with Natasha was another thing. She taught me a lot of moves she used frequently. By the end of our fifth day, I was half as good as Natasha. She was a good trainer, but I could tell she’d rather be practicing by herself.

On one of the days when we were training, I accidently learned another thing I could do. I could tell something else was bugging Natasha. When we were taking a break, I was thinking about her. She seemed off today. I knew something was wrong, but I didn’t know what. It bugged me that I didn’t know. Despite her hard exterior, Natasha and I had become some-what friends. I wanted to help her.

“Why did he have to take Clint? What did he do to make Clint go with him?” I heard Natasha’s voice, clear as day, but she wasn’t talking.

“Natasha, were you just thinking about Clint?” She looked at me startled.

“How did you know?” She demanded.

“I, I heard it. In my head.” I jumped up from the bench I was sitting on. “Holy shit! I can read minds!”

Natasha looked more surprised than I was. “Fury will want to know, I suggest you go talk to him, immediately.”

“True, he’ll kill me if I don’t tell him now. I’ll see you tomorrow for practice again.” She just nodded in reply.

I ran down to the control room, looking for Fury. He was the easiest people to spot. I ran up to him, eager with the news.

“Fury! I can read minds!” He just looked at me.

“We figured you’d be able to. There’s one more thing we think you’ll be able to do. Keep working on reading minds, and I want you to try producing images. Make illusions for other people to see. You should be able to do it.”

“Alright. I can try, put I’m not going to promise anything.”

“Didn’t expect you to promise. Go practice with that. Try to figure out what’s on Stark’s mind. He’ll get a kick out of that.” Fury smirked.

“I should probably tell him about this anyways. I’ll see you later Fury.”

I was excited to tell my dad about all of this. I couldn’t wait to tell him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short, but ohwell.
& I got two more recommendations! Whoever did it, I love you<333

guess who's in the next chapter? (; The star spangles man with a plan!

Ciao and goodnight! Its 1:13am here, and I'm tired as all hell.
I love you!