Status: Still a work in progress. Thanks for reading(:

Gunslinger

Homecoming

I stepped down off the plane an took a deep breath. Home. This was home. I walked over to get my luggage. As soon as I grabbed my two suitcases I started to look for my best friend, Scarlett. My name is April, April Walker. I have been in Iraq for the past year, fighting for my country. I was going to use the time I had off wisely and enjoy every minute of it.

My thoughts were broken as I heard my name.

"APRIL" The voice shouted. I knew that voice. Scarlett. "Finally, I found you!" Said Scarlett, running up to hug me.

“How have you been?” I asked her.

“Horrible, I couldn’t live without you!” She said dramatically.

“Im sorry, Scar. I’m here now and we can spend all the time we want together” I said with a reassuring smile.

“Good, now let’s go home” Scar said.

We pulled in to the driveway of the house we call home. It isn’t too big but, it’s more than we need with a total of 2 extra bedrooms. I ran into the house and went right to the fridge, grabbing the ice cream and a bowl.

“God, someone’s hungry” Scar said while dropping my suitcases in the foyer.

“I haven’t eaten since 6 in the morning and it’s 4 in the afternoon now. So yea, I’m kinda hungry.” I said, stuffing my face with ice cream.

“Oh okay, then eat as much as you want.” Scar said with a grin.

“Oh, I will.” I said returning the grin.

“Finish up quick, I have a surprise.” Scar said excitedly.

“Scar, what did you do?” I asked suspiciously.

“Nothing bad, just hurry. You’re going to love it!” She said. I finished up my ice cream and dropped my bowl into the sink. Scar called me into the living room.

“Okay, I’m here! Now what is the surprise?!” I asked, excitedly.

“You’re going to need to sit down for this.” Scar said while gently pushing me onto the couch. “Okay, just promise not to scream too loud when I tell you.” She said with a smirk on her face.

“Okay, I promise. Now tell me!” I said anxiously.

“I got us tickets to go see the most amazing band ever. Avenged Sevenfold.” Scar said, dramatically.

“Oh my god. You’re kidding, right?” I said, dumbfounded.
“Nope. But, wait! That’s not all I got. I also got us backstage passes!” Scar said looking even a little more excited then me.

“Oh my god!” I said. “How did you get them? They must have cost a fortune!” I said.

“I won a radio contest. I only had to answer some stupid question about them. The question was ‘What is Synyster Gates’ real name?’ It was so easy!” said Scar.

“What day is the concert?” I asked.

“Tonight.” Scar said, a grin washing over her face.

“Well then let’s get a move on!” I said while pushing her out of the living room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's so short! I only had a little bit of time to write it.