Status: Still a work in progress. Thanks for reading(:

Gunslinger

Blinded in Chains.

I immediately thought of strategy’s I could use to get the gun out of the mans’ hands. The first thing I had to do was get everyone safe. I told everyone to get down on the ground while I stayed standing.

“I SAID DON’T MOVE!” said the man, still pointing the gun towards Brian.

“WAIT!” I said before the man could pull the trigger on Brian.

“Well, lookie here. Little April trying to save the day.” said the man. Wait, how does he know my name? Never mind, this was a life or death situation, no time for silly questions. The man walked over to me. I thought of what I was taught in training. I followed the steps.

Step one. Remain calm, and breath slowly and deeply so you can think straight.

Step two. Look the attacker in the eyes and show no fear.

Step three. Turn your shoulders so they are diagonal to your attacker, with your right side away from the attacker.

Step four. Balance your weight so that it is equal on both legs and your knees are slightly bent. Don't tense your body.

Step five. Grab hold of the barrel of the gun with your dominant hand and quickly pull to the side so that if the gun goes off, the bullet will not hit you. Pull it downward and hold it there.

Step six. Punch the attacker in the face to stun him into giving up the gun or kick him in the groin or the knees.

Step seven. Place your other hand underneath the weapon and wrap your fingers over the back where the hammer is while keeping your other hand on the barrel. Quickly twist the gun all the way around to break the attacker's finger on the trigger. Take the gun from the attacker's hand.

Step eight. Back up quickly to keep distance between yourself and the attacker once you have the gun.

After I had done everything, I pointed the gun towards the man. I walked up to him and pulled off his ski mask. I knew him. He one of the men we killed in Iraq. Or at least, we thought. He had been on the wanted list for a while.

“I thought you were dead!” I said, confused.

“You thought wrong, sweetheart.” He said, grinning. No one else had said a word. They were all look at me and the man.

“Well, you’re done playing around. Does anyone have a phone?” I said, turning around to the crowd of people in the room. I had left mine at home, knowing I would lose it if I brought it.

“Uh, yea. Here.” Brian said, handing me an IPhone. I took it and dialed 911, gun still aimed down at the man.

“Hello, this is 911. What is your emergency?” the operator said.

“Um, I’m at 9009 Sunset Boulevard West Hollywood. There’s a man here who pulled a gun. I have the gun now but, we need him arrested.” I said.

“Okay, what is your name?” said the operator.

“April.” I informed her.

“Okay, April, I’m connecting you to an officer now.” said the operator.

“Hello, April, this is officer Diego, the place you’re located at, it’s an arena right?” the officer asked.

“Correct.” I said.

“Okay, stay on the line. I’m sending help now,” He said.

“Okay” I said calmly.

“Is anyone hurt?” he asked. I looked around the room.

“No, no ones hurt.” I said.

“Okay, that’s good” He said. I stayed on the line with him for about 10 more minutes. I saw about 10 officers walk in the room, all holding guns which was standard procedure. One walked up to me.

“Is this the one?” he asked me.

“Sure is.” I said back.

“Arrest him, boys.” The officer said to the rest of the officers. They gave the man the whole ‘You have the right to remain silent’ speech.

“This isn’t over April!” The man screamed as he was dragged out of the room.

“Whoa.” Scar said standing up, shocked by what just happened.

“Yeah, I know.” I said back.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay!! two updates in one night! Hope you guys like it. There probably won't be an update tommorow, I'll be out all day.