Status: Active

Two Way Street

Mara

I have considered turning around and stepping out of the pub when I saw Liam’s face. He was who I wanted to get away from and Niall’s favorite pub was where he went to too, obviously. I’d walked too far to get a shot of whiskey to turn around because stupid Wet Mop was in the same pub.

Then I realized that all the seats at the bar were taken. Except the seat to Liam’s right. I took a deep breath and marched over to the bar, determined to get drunk tonight. The bar tended smiled at me, “What can I get you, sweetheart?”

I smiled back at her through my fake smile, “Shot of whiskey.”

“Comin’ right up, sweetheart,” she slapped the shot glass down in front of my and filled it with whiskey.

I snapped it back and slapped it down again, “Another. Please.”

She nodded and refilled it. Four times.

“Shouldn’t you think about cooling it, Mara?”

“Shouldn’t you mind your own business, Wet Mop?” I hissed as I threw back another shot. My head started to feel lightheaded and I felt the buzz kick in. My extremities grew warm and I couldn’t help but leak a smile, a genuine smile.

Liam laughed, “I have to say, I’m a bit drunk.”

“I have to say, I don’t give a fuck.”

He laughed again. Great. Liam was a happy drunk. “How about I buy you another shot, yeah? It’s the least I can do for you after I ruined your friendship with Louis.”

“That’s right. You did ruined my friendship, you dick-wad. You owe more than just one shot for ruining a nineteen year friendship.” I shot him a glare and accepted the two shots the bar tended set before me.

Liam sighed, “I’ll have two too.”

“You said tu-tu,” I giggled. The alcohol was kicking in full blast and two more shots, I’d be completely shit-faced. Thank god, I needed to drink. The bartender set some more shots before Liam and I. I finished my shots before he did. He was much slower and couldn’t hold his liquor as well as I could, but that didn’t matter. Soon enough, I wouldn’t even remember my own goddamn name.

I stood up, slapped some notes on the counter and told the bartender to keep the change. She smiled and soon enough, I was out the door, stumbling down the street. I was walking down a two way street when I felt a warm hand wrap around my wrist. “Mara, I’m sorry.”

I turned around to see who the slurred voice belonged to. Liam held my wrist tightly, his brown eyes wide and his pupil’s dilated. “You’re not forgiven.”

He licked his lips, “I’m really sorry.”

“I don’t care.”

“Why are you such a fucking bitch?” So happy drunk Liam decides to turn angry and slightly ineloquent drunk Liam?

I shrugged, “Because I’m allowed to be a fucking bitch. Why are you such a dick?”

“Because I have one,” he laughed childishly.

I slugged his arm, “Leave me alone. I’m walking to Harry’s house.”

He frowned, “I love you, Mara. I love you so fucking much and I know you hate me.”

“You’re so drunk, Liam. Have you ever been drinking before?” I turned around and nearly tripped. He caught my arm and steadied me, to my surprise. Drunk Liam had surprisingly good balance.

“I’ve never been drunk in my life. I only have one kidney. Did you know that?” He hiccuped and started pulling me in the opposite direction.

I sighed, “No, I didn’t. Where the hell are you taking me?”

“To my place.”

“Why the hell are you taking me to your place, you dummy! I want to go home!” I dug my heels into the ground in protest.

He kept pulling me toward his apartment and I finally stopped struggling. Might as well just let him take me to his place. Harry’s place was much farther away and it was starting to get late. And cold. It was really cold.

He yanked me inside his apartment, taking off his jacket and this his shirt.

“What are you doing?” I giggled, looking up at the roof to avoid seeing him nearly naked.

“I don’t know. I think the alcohol is making me do stupid things,” he whispered. I lowered my gaze and he was standing right in front of me. His face was level with mine, his body bent at his hips.

I nodded, “I think so too.”

“Think we’ll regret this in the morning?”

“Most definitely.”

***


I opened my eyes slowly, feeling the after effects of the alcohol. My head burst with the light in the room I was in. I took a deep breath and sat up. My head spun and I knew I had had too much whiskey the night before. I stretched and the covers feel from my arms.

What?

Wait, what?

Why the fuck was I naked?


I glanced around and saw Wet Mop sleeping on his stomach, face squished against the pillow. There was a small dark spot on his pillow. He drooled in his sleep. Cute.

What, he was naked to.

I shook his shoulder, “Liam.”

“What?” he groaned.

“What the HELL did you do to me last night?” I shouted at him. He rolled over, off the edge of the bed and onto the floor.

He stood up and rubbed his head. I covered my eyes, balling up a blanket and throwing it at him. “What do you mean what did I do? You were willing and we were both drunk out of our minds. It’s not my fault.”

I groaned and covered my face, “I fucked up.”

“I did too. Um...what are we going to do?”

I glared at him, “Not a repeat of last night, that’s for sure. I’m just going to...erm...get dressed and um...go home. And maybe explain to Harry why I didn’t come home last night.”

Liam nodded and rubbed the back of my head.

“If you please, I’d like to get dressed without your peeping eyes, yeah?”

He nodded silently and turned around. What was I thinking?
♠ ♠ ♠
*awkward*