Status: Active

Two Way Street

Mara

Louis volunteered to pay the bill which was totally fine with me since I had no cash. He helped me from my seat and we all walked out of the restaurant. Louis and I were holding hands, as per usual when we were walking together.

We got a lot of attention because of it, but I merely flaunted it.

“So now what?” I asked impatiently, leaning against the car that I assumed they came in.

Louis, Irish, Loner Boy, and Wet Mop all shrugged.

Curly’s lips pulled away in a lopsided dimpled grin. “Why don’t we go to Louis place and watch a movie or something?”

“If that’s your plan to try to get some, Curly, it isn’t going to work, sweetheart.” Maybe I was a little sarcastic, but when he blushed, I knew it was generally well received.

Wet Mop rolled his eyes and started walking down the street.

“Where’s he going?” I asked Louis, leaning over to whisper.

He shrugged, “Not entirely sure. I do like Hazza’s idea. We’ll all go o my place and have a sleepover.”


“Sleepover, boobear? Really? What are we...in third grade?” I laughed, poking his cheek with my index finger.

He grinned and turned his head, biting the tip of my finger. “Are you mocking my sleepovers?”

“Not if you’re biting me again,” I grumbled, wiping his saliva off my fingertip. We slowly meandered down the street to Louis’s modest apartment. Complete with a small kitchen, and by small, I mean no bigger than the bathroom, his bedroom, a couch that doubled as a pull out bed, and the bathroom that hardly had room for a toilet.

He said it had character, being small. But I knew he hated it. He needed space to jump around a frolic. Okay, maybe not frolic, but he needed space for spontaneous dancing. And cooking. And for doing laundry.

The bottom line, it was too damn small.

Especially since I lived there most of the time.

Wet Mop walked slowly in front of us, probably so he wouldn’t lose out on any of our conversations which was fine. I always had something to say. Irish stood on my right, his arm linked through mine, and Lou stood in my left, holding my hand as always.

Harry walked backwards in front of us, laughing and making jokes at me. They weren’t especially funny and at times, they were so atrocious, I had the urge to kick him in the balls.

“So, Mara. Where do you hail from?” Loner Boy asked, making small conversation.

I shrugged, “Wouldn’t you like to know.”

“I would, actually.”

“Louis and I were neighbors growing up. I practically lived at his house since my mum and dad were always at the hospital when I was growing up. I’m practically family, aren’t I, boobear?” I joked, cuddling up to his arm affectionately.

Louis rolled his eyes, “She’s like my sister. Only not actually related. I don’t know what I’d do if we were actually related. I’d probably off m’self.”

“Well, that’s a bit harsh. Let’s just say your life wouldn’t be as boring as it is now.”

He nodded, “True.”

Wet Mop shook out his hair and I frowned. This boy. I didn’t understand him. He stared at me over dinner like he knew my secrets, even the darkest ones that I kept locked away deep inside. It’s like he saw past my sarcastic facade, which was more than anyone else could do. Aside from Louis who noticed every little thing. Nothing got past his keen eye.

Louis unlocked the door to his apartment and I slipped past him, tossing myself onto the couch. I sighed and folded my hands on top of my stomach, feeling particularly lazy. I closed my eyes, feeling content with food in my stomach and surrounded by attractive company.

“So what movie do we want to watch?”

“I don’t care as long as it’s not boring,” I muttered.

Something heavy fell on top of me and when I opened my eye just a crack, I saw Curly, lounging on top of me. His green eyes bored into mine. “This is comfy, yeah?”

I closed my eyes and smirked, tapping my fingertip on his little nose, “I suppose. But just so you know, this doesn’t get you any closer to getting some. Understood?”

He smiled widely and moved to lay next to me, his arms wrapping around my waste. “Understood.”

I rolled my eyes, “So what movie?”

“Hm...” Irish hummed, “I don’t know.”

“Lord of the Rings, yeah?” Lou’s soft voice interrupted from the kitchen.

I sighed, “Too long and too boring.”

“Boring? Long? Something is wrong with this girl, mate. Send her back to where she came from,” Curly said, practically shouting in my ear.

“Ear, Curly. That was my ear. Now that my hearing is completely shot...” I grumbled, rubbing my ear angrily. “I’m not watching Lord of the Boring.”

Curly sighed, “You’re difficult.”

“And you’re heavy. My legs are falling asleep, you git.”

He shrugged on top of me, “I don’t care. I’m comfy and you’re a woman. You don’t matter.”

I flicked his ear, “Wanna repeat that, Styles?”

“She actually knows my name. Holy shit, boys. She’s intelligent!” He exclaimed emphatically.

I sighed again, “Just shut up okay? Do us all a favor.”

Wet Mop chuckled, “Maybe you should follow your own advice. I’m sure we’d all be relieved at the quiet that would result form your shutting up.”

Kicking Curly off, I stood up and sauntered over the chair where Wet Mop was sitting. I lowered myself onto his lips and wrapped my arms around his neck. “You’re not especially funny, Wet Mop. At least Curly tries. You’re just rude.”

“Likewise.”

I frowned. What was this? Everyone loved my humor and everyone thought I was just brilliant. But no. Not Wet Mop. Wet Mop didn’t like my humor or my brilliance. “Lou, maybe we should send this one back to the robot factory where he was made. I think they got something wrong with the part of his brain that admires Mara’s wit and sheer brilliance.”

All the other boys laughed and of course, Harry clapped his hands in his usual flamboyant way that screamed desperate for a lay. Liam pushed me off the chair and I landed on my bum. I cursed under my breath and stood up, and assumed my seat on top of Curly.

“Lou, can I have a word with you?” Liam hissed, gesturing for Louis to follow him into the bedroom.

I frowned, “Interesting.”

“What?” Irish asked, breaking his silence upon returning from the kitchen with a plate of strawberries and a sand which. He held the plate out after I eyed it.

I took two strawberries, “Wet Mop wants a word with boobear. I wonder what about.”

Loner Boy jaw dropped, “Oh my god. Niall, did you just share food with her?”

Irish stared at his plate of food, his mouth agape. “I did. Something’s wrong with me...”

Curly laughed, but this time without the hand clapping since I was sitting on his stomach. “Something is wrong with you. Maybe we should send you back to Ireland.”

“Okay, Curly. That wasn’t funny. Now, if you called him a defective potato, that would have been marginally amusing.”

Irish pouted, looking as if he was about to cry.

I leaned forward and kissed his cheek. “I’m kidding, Irish. I like you. I think you’re my favorite out of all of them. Aside, of course, from boobear.”

Irish grinned, his face beaming. “Good. Now, I think it’s a near unanimous vote that Lord of the Rings is the film of choice. Of course, we have to start off with The Fellowship of the Ring, but that’s fine. We’ve got all night for the trilogy.”

I sighed, “Unanimous means everyone votes the same. I think you mean the majority vote. Goodness, don’t they teach you anything in Ireland? Some education system!”

Irish stuck out his tongue playfully, “I have no witty comebacks, but they will come. One day, they will come.”

I nodded, “I look forward to it, sweetheart.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I just realized that Harry is kinda like Howard Wolowitz from The Big Bang Theory....and that makes me laugh a lot :) Thansk for commenting and recommending and stuff :) Go bug onlythegooddieyoung now :D