Status: Active

Two Way Street

Mara

I sat on the chair table thing in the emergency room, holding my arm that felt completely detached. A doctor stood before me with his little notebook and a pen which he clicked incessantly. I frowned and grit my teeth. “So what’s wrong with my arm, doc? Is it broken?”

“No, it’s not broken, Ms. Beckett. You just dislocated your shoulder, that’s all.” The doctor glanced at me over the top of his stupid glasses.

“So will you be relocating it anytime soon? I kind of have work in an hour,” I hissed.

The doctor sighed. “If your work involves any strenuous activity, I’m going to suggest you take it easy.”

“I’m a concierge at a hotel downtown. That never involves strenuous activity. Can you just relocate the shoulder and let me leave? No offense to you doctors, but I hate hospitals,” I hissed as his fingers probed my shoulder. It throbbed with intense pain.

The doctor sighed. “Would you like to call in one of your friends for moral support?”

“You mean so they can hold me down while you shove my arm back into place?” I spat. I slipped of the table thing and nodded for Louis to help me out. He followed closely behind me. “I don’t want Liam around right now. I’m fucking pissed off at him right now.”

Louis snickered and helped me back onto the table. “I could tell by the way you only let Niall and Harry help you up and by the way you kicked him in the shin after he tried to hug you.”

Louis pushed my un-dislocated shoulder down and I laid back, holding his hand as tightly as I could manage. “You feel that pain, Louis? Yeah, it’s going to get worse in just a second.”

Without warning, pain shot up my entire body and I screamed out, Louis holding me down tightly. I heard the worried whispers drifting past the curtain once my blood curdling screaming ceased. The pain died down a little bit, but it still hurt terribly. The doctor turned and Louis helped me sit up, cradling me like a baby. “I think you broke my hand, Mar.”

“That is not my problem. I have work in an hour and I don’t have time for this right now.” The doctor turned back around with a blue and white sling in his hands. “Oh hell no. I’m not wearing one of those.”

The doctor sighed. “You can and will if you want it to heal correctly.”

I groaned and let him stuff my arm into the sling, frowning and hissing in pain. I heard Louis laugh and I found the huge urge to punch him in the perfect face of his. He laughed again and helped me stand as the doctor signed the discharge papers. “Keep your shoulder iced and make sure you keep it still. Don’t put any stress on it.”

I rolled my eyes and nodded sarcastically. “Sure thing, doc.”

Louis and I entered into the waiting room and I kept walking through the hospital until I was met with the cool night air of London. I ignored Liam’s please for me to stop and talk to him and I continued walking. I couldn’t look at him. Harry ran in front of me and stopped short, turning to face m. “You’re really angry at him, aren’t you?”

I sighed and nodded, looking quickly over my shoulder. “Um, yes. I’m very angry at him right now. He kept playing as I laid on the ground screaming in pain and agony. Why did he do that? Seriously, I was in pain and he wanted to win that game.”

Harry shrugged. “He probably didn’t realize it. Adrenaline rush and that sort of thing. You can’t seriously be mad at him if he didn’t realize you were hurt. You know Liam well enough to know he’d never ignore you if you were in pain or not.”

I sighed defeatedly. “I want to be angry at him. I’m slightly hurt he didn’t run over to check if I was okay. Instead, Niall was the first to rush over. Isn’t there something wrong with this picture?”

Harry let out all his breath. “Niall’s a softie. He’s got a soft spot for you. But are you honestly going to be mad at Liam for just this one little thing?”

“I guess not,” I admitted quietly. “My shoulder still hurts like a bitch.”

He rolled his eyes. “I wonder why. Let him take you out tonight and apologize. We discussed this while you were getting your shoulder put into place.”

I groaned and slammed my first into Harry’s shoulder. He grimaced. “Why do you always have to be right? You’re such a jerk, Harry.”

Harry chuckled and raced off as Louis chased after him, crouched low and cackling. Niall tugged my ponytail as he stood next to me. “Feeling okay?”

I shrugged and hissed angrily. “Remind me never to shrug again.”

“Will do. So are you going to go out with Liam tonight?”

Zayn joined me on my other side. “Are you going out with him tonight? Because you should.”

I groaned in exasperation. “You two too? Oh my god, can I not be mad at my boyfriend for five minutes because he didn’t come check on my when I fell? Because honestly, I think that substantiates me being mad at him for one night.”

Niall blew out the air from his mouth. “Son’s not getting laid tonight. Poor Liam.”

Zayn shook his head. “He probably wasn’t getting laid with Mara’s arm like that anyway.”

Niall rolled his neck and started off after Harry and Louis. Zayn sighed and followed him, jogging lightly. Everyone was still super pumped and energetic from unfinished football game. I felt Liam beside me. “I’m sorry I didn’t come to see if you were okay. I thought Harry was just being a jerk to Zayn and that Zayn was just whining about it. I had no idea you were hurt.”

I sighed. “You should have heard my screaming, Liam.”

“You obviously haven’t heard Zayn’s screaming because it sounds exactly like a girl. Like your screaming, apparently. Mara, I’m so sorry. I didn’t mean for you to get hurt like the way you did. Can you forgive me?” Liam took my uninjured hand and kissed the top of it.

I frowned. “Only if you buy my ice cream. Double chocolate chip cookie dough in a waffle cone with a cherry on top.”

He tilted my head up and kissed me softly. “Anything for you, Mar Bear.”

I groaned. “Please don’t ever call me that again.”

He chuckled. “Whatever you say.”
♠ ♠ ♠
It's short and it sucks, but whatever.