Status: Updating once a week (at least)

Friendly Faces Everywhere

o4

The seven of us made our way to our AP literature class. As soon as I entered the room, I saw how much larger this class was compared to the others. Instead of having 15 kids, this class had around 30. I glanced around the class to look for a teacher, but he was nowhere to be seen. I did recognize a lot of kids though. Craig, Clyde, Token, Stan, Kyle, Tweak, and Kenny were all in this class. It made me comfortable seeing all of these familiar faces. I remember Heidi telling me she had my fifth period class with me, she must have been mistaken, or read my schedule wrong. I made my way to over where Kyle was sitting, because I felt most comfortable around him.

“Bree! What are you doing? Come sit with us silly!” Bebe giggled, pulling me away from my other peers. I allowed her to pull me to where Red and Lola were conversing in the back corner. “Sit here with us! Mr. Garrison barely picks on the kids who sit in the back,” she smiled. Melissa sat in front of me, and Bebe was diagonal to me. Sitting next to her was Kenny. I really didn’t know who was more attractive, Stan or Kenny. I sighed and watched as a balding man strutted into the classroom as the bell rang.

“Sorry class, I was just getting into an argument with Mr. Slave in the theatre. That man can sure be an asshole. He likes it up the asshole, that’s for sure,” the teacher said in a surprisingly gay voice. Bebe and Lola turned as I gasped.

“Wait, is our teacher… gay?” I asked. “I’ve never had a gay teacher. I’m surprised anyone is gay in this redneck town. Wouldn’t all of the stereotypical Republicans be all over that?” I was honestly shocked.

Bebe giggled, “I like this girl.”

“Yeah, me too!” Lola laughed.

“This guy is so gay, he even had a sex change when we in fourth grade, when we had him as our teacher. Then, he decided he would change back because he didn’t want to be a woman anymore. It was disgusting,” Bebe snarled.

“Now Bebe, that’s not very nice to say. Class, right now, Bebe is doing something called P.M.S.ing. Yes, even the head cheerleader goes through this. Now take some notes,” Mr. Garrison said, as he wrote stuff on the white board.

“This is so lame!” Lola rolled her eyes.

“Is this all we do in here?” I asked.

“Basically,” Lola answered.

For the remainder of the class period, Lola, Bebe and I were ripping on Mr. Garrison. I was surprised to see how focused Melissa was in this class. Whenever Bebe wasn’t chatting with me, she was flirting with Kenny. What I didn’t understand was if Kenny and Bebe liked each other so much, why didn’t they date? It made my head hurt just thinking about it. The bell dinged and I began to pack up.

“What class do you have next?” Lola asked as we exited the classroom.

“French, what about you?”

“I have Pre-cal. Bebe has French next period too though!”

“Well, see you then!” I smiled, and Lola and I parted ways. I caught up to Bebe, who was walking next to Stan and Wendy.

“So, I heard you have French next class?” I asked Bebe.

“Yeah, do you?” she giggled.

“Yup!”

“Stan and I have that class too!” Wendy chipped in. She exaggerated the phrase “Stan and I” when she said this.

“Sweet!” I smiled.

“Hey, I know we kind of just met you, but Wendy, Stan, Kenny, Kyle and I are going to the Denver Sea Park this weekend. I wanted to know if you wanted to come along,” Bebe suggested.

“I would love to! Who’s driving?” I asked.

“Stan drives. Can I talk to you for a second Bebe,” Wendy said, pulling Bebe back. Stan and I just continued walking.

“So, how do you like South Park High? Is it better than you thought?” Stan asked.

“Yeah, it’s okay. There are not nearly as many rednecks as I thought there would be,” I laughed.

“That’s just a stereotype,” Stan commented. The two of us walked into our French classroom. The teacher looked really strict. “We have assigned seating in here, I recommend you go ask Mrs. White where you sit,” Stan said.

“Hi! I’m new here, where would you like me to sit?” I asked politely.

“See that blonde kid? Go sit in the empty seat next to him,” Mrs. White commanded.

I moved to where the empty seat was, and I sat down. “Hi, my name’s Bree. What’s yours?

“My name is uh, Leopold, but you can call me Butters,” the boy replied.

I broke out into loud laughter. “You really like the nickname Butters? Wow, that’s a surprise!” I laughed hysterically.

From across the room, Bebe started laughing too. “Yeah, Butters is such a stupid name!”

“New girl, Bebe, control yourselves,” Mrs. White commanded. The two of us brought our laughter down a notch. Even though Bebe did come off like a dumb bitch, she really seemed to like me for some reason. I smirked and giggled. I guess we did have similar personalities.

French was not very amusing. I guess I just sort of sat there and stared at Butters, waiting until he’d crack and ask me what I was doing. It wasn’t a very nice game, but it was hilarious. It was quite easy making him uncomfortable, and I took advantage of that. When the bell rang, I jetted outside. It was so boring in there. I scanned my planner, and saw that my last class was a free period. “I get to go home early? Sweet,” I thought to myself. All by myself, I headed to the parking lot. A herd of seniors and juniors stood in groups, and you could see the different cliques. I wondered why they just didn’t go home; they all had cars, didn’t they?

“Hey, look who it is!”

I turned around and saw Token with a smirk on his face. “Hey! I haven’t talked to you all day,” I smiled and gave him a hug.

“You refuse to talk to the one person you do know. Only you, Bree,” Token laughed.

“Can you give me a ride home? I didn’t drive to school today, and I don’t feel like calling my mother at the moment,” I asked.

“Sure. But I’m going to Clyde’s house to work on homework; do you want to come along?”

“Does Tweak live around there? I need to work on a history paper with him.”

“Yeah, he lives a couple houses over. I can drive you home after you’re done.”

“Thanks Token, you’re the best!”

The two of us made our way to Token’s car. I’m not really good with cars and their names, but I think Token has a Porsche, which I guess is a nice car.

I threw my purse into the trunk, since the car didn’t have a backseat, and hopped into the passenger seat. I’ve driven with Token multiple times before, and he was a great driver.

“How was your first day of school here? Did you deal with all of the white trash?” Token winked.

“You should be proud; I managed to tolerate the white trash. I only threw a bitch fit once!” I mused.

“I’m happy you’re here Bree. It was quite hard being the richest kid, that role now belongs to you.”

“Oh Token, you’re still rich though. There’s no need to worry.”

“I have to worry for you. Once everyone figures out your social status, they’ll start treating you different. They look down on you. For some reason, being wealthy makes you a minority.”

“Uh Token, have you forgotten, you are a minority?”

“Oh yeah, thanks for reminding me.”

The two of us started laughing. Ever since we were young, Token and I have been incredibly close. When we were in middle school, Token would come over nearly every day. He would come to all of my swim meets, and in return, I would come and watch all of his football games and singing recitals. When Token sang, it was impossible to speak; his voice was like that of an angel. When high school came around, we saw each other less and less. Most of time, I would only see him at family barbeques or block parties. I really missed hanging out with him.

Token busted up laughing. “Remember when we tried to form that band? When I sang and played bass, and you were on guitar?”

I joined into his laughter, “And we did Rihanna covers? Those were the days!”

“Wasn’t that like 6th grade?”

“I think so. And our original songs were so horrible. Remember that one we wrote about clocks?” I asked.

“Don’t even remind me! I really missed you Bree.”

“I missed you too Token,” I smiled.

We pulled up to a suburban sized home. I watched as Clyde, Craig and Tweak got out of a Ford truck.

“Look who it is. Actually, let’s just ignore her,” Craig mused.

“Fuck you!” I yelped, flipping off Craig.

“No way dude, she stole your thing!” Clyde elbowed Craig.

“What do you mean?” I asked.

“Well, that’s Craig’s thing. Everyone knows Craig as the kid who flips everyone off all the time,” Token clarified.

“Oh, well I might have to steal that from you,” I winked at Craig. He flipped me off.

“Why are you here? Ah you don’t want to work on that paper already? Too much homework, too much stress!” Tweak appeared as if he was vibrating he was shaking so much.

“Yeah, we need to work on it. Where’s your house?” I asked. “Bye guys! Me and stressball are going to be productive today, aren’t we Tweak?”

Token gave me a quick hug, and I waved goodbye to Craig and Clyde.

“My middle finger salutes you!” Craig yelled.

“Right back at you kid!” I replied, giving him the finger.

After passing two houses, Tweak entered his house. “I hope you like coffee!” he twitched.
♠ ♠ ♠
Last chapter of background information! Story is picking up soon! (: