Status: Updating once a week (at least)

Friendly Faces Everywhere

This Is Not A Drive By

I guess the school day sort of flew by after lunch. Mr. Garrison’s class was… interesting and French was a bore. To be honest, I was thrilled about this car ride with Kyle. I wasn’t just going to take him straight to his house; I was going to go on a little drive with him. In all honesty, I just wanted to get to know the guy better. He seems like a sweetheart, and I want to see if it’s genuine.

After the bell rang for school to end, Bebe and Wendy escorted me to my locker, where I retrieved the books I needed for homework. Even though Wendy was talking to me, I could still sense the negativity in her voice. She just met me; I don’t see why she’s being such a cold-hearted bitch. I decided to ignore her and be content with the acknowledgment that Bebe and the other popular girls were giving me. I was new here, let they allowed me to belong with them. It really made me happy.

“Hey Bree!”

I turned and noticed Kyle and that Butters kid standing behind me.

“Ha! You hang out with that Butters kid?” I giggled.

“What’s wrong with Butters?” Kyle stared.

“Oh hamburgers, something’s wrong with me? My parent’s will ground me if they figure out if I’m not normal!” Butters rubbed his knuckles together.

“Oh forget it…” I slammed my locker shut. “Ready to go?”

“So ready.”

Kyle and I walked out to the student parking lot, where my car was parked adjacent to Token’s. Token was standing there with some blonde chick that looked vaguely familiar. She had shoulder length pale blonde hair and greyish blue eyes.

“Who’s your companion Token?” I asked as I climbed into the driver’s seat and pressed the button to fold the hood down.

“This is Emily. She’s in our third period class,” Token stated.
“Yeah! I think I’m in your French class too. I hang out with Jenny and some other girls. You should come and talk to us sometime!” Emily smiled. Too bad that Bebe warned me not to be seen with them.

“Maybe I will! Thanks for the offer,” I fake smiled and closed the car door. “Don’t bang her too hard, Token!” I started the car ignition and began to pull out of the parking space.

“Bree, please keep your loud mouth shut. Thank you,” Token glared. I winked as I drove out of the parking lot. In my rearview window, I could see the African American roll his eyes. I guess time has changed the relationship Token and I had. I miss my old best friend.

“He always goes for the blondes,” I told Kyle as I placed my Gucci sunglasses over my eyes.

“Are you and Token really close?”

“Eh, we used to be. Not so much anymore. He thinks he’s too cool for me.” I turned on the stereo and one of the CDs in the slot began to play. Fucking Best Song Everrr began to blast from the convertible’s speakers.

Kyle laughed. “You listen to this song too? I thought I was the only one.”

“It’s so stupid but I love it!”

I gotta tell ya
I gotta tell ya
Best friends, you are my fucking best friends
Seriously, it’s like the best night ever
This song, I’m really feeling this song
This song, fucking best song ever, ever, everrrrr

“This is hilarious. You just got 100 times better in my book,” Kyle laughed.

“You mean, I wasn’t at 100 percent max when you first met me? Tear, tear Kyle! Aha.”

“Nobody’s perfect,” the redhead smiled. He wasn’t wearing a hat today, so his auburn red locks fell to the side of his face. He wasn’t really cute, but he wasn’t ugly. He was strikingly average, but that’s okay. We all need friends right?

“I’m going to take you on a little scenic drive, is that okay? I don’t want to go home, and I don’t think you want to leave so soon,” I smirked.

“That should be fine. I’ll text my mom though. She’s super over-protective and it’s obnoxious.” The boy got out his Blackberry and began to text. Ugh, Blackberry phones were so out of date, but I kept my mouth shut.

“So Kyle, I want to get to know you better. Anything I should know?”

“Well, I love basketball. I’m Jewish. Stan Marsh is my super best friend. I play bass in my band. And uhm, I have a little brother who’s adopted. Now what about you? What do I need to know about Brianna Bower?”

I sighed. “I already told you I’m a swimmer. Oh, I qualified for the Junior Olympics one year! That was intense. Hmm, I love the color pink. I can be a spoiled brat. I can play the guitar. One more, hmm. I want to be a marine biologist when I grow up. Five facts, there you go.”

“You play the guitar and were in the Junior Olympics? You are one special kid, Bree.”

“I guess you could say that. Ha! Who’s in your band?”

“We’ve had a couple lineup changes. It used to be Cartman, Kenny, Stan and I, but then Cartman left, so we needed a new singer. We picked up Tweek, but he couldn’t deal with the pressure. Clyde joined as an additional guitarist, so now he’s our lead. Stan does vocals and rhythm guitar. Kenny plays the drums. Voila! There’s Moop.”

“Awh, Moop is such an adorable name!”

“Well, we did come up with it when we were like nine.”

The two of us started laughing. We had already been driving for around ten minutes on this dirt road going up this mountain pass.

“Are you going to Starlit Point?” Kyle asked.

“What’s that?”

“Ha, you don’t know what Starlit Point is? It’s a place where people go to have sex in their car. It’s on a point overlooking the town. I’ve heard it’s very romantic.”

I laughed; that was so stupid. The rednecks have a special place for the kids to have sex in their cars? Oh my God, I was dying of laughter. Kyle just sat there with this uncomfortable smile on his face. “Who that you know has hooked up there?”

“Where do I start… Stan, Kenny, Clyde, Jason and so many more.”

“Interesting,” I smirked. I continued down the road until I saw the turn for this Starlit Point place. I guess it was a pretty view, high up in the hills like this.

“Oh look, there it is!” Kyle yelped.

“Now we can say we went there together! Fuck with everyone’s heads,” I winked.

“That would be so funny. I could just imagine the look on Craig’s face if I told him that.”

I turned the car around. “What do you mean?”

“You didn’t hear? Apparently, our resident asshole has taken a liking to this new girl of ours, the blonde one with the pretty face and blue eyes. I think she’s in the car with us right now, what a coincidence!”

“Oh Kyle, you’re funny,” I giggled.

“I try,” he smirked.

The two of us blatantly chatted and listened to the radio for the entire car ride back to Kyle’s house. We had a lot of stuff in common, not to my surprise. He was really sweet and listened to what I had to say. Or at least, he was really good at pretending he was interested. When I rolled up to his house, I saw a familiar face across the street.

“Hey Bree!” Red yelled and waved.

“Hi Red!” I yelled back and smiled.

“That was a nice drive. Thanks for including me,” Kyle smiled.

“Oh sure thing darling. It was awesome getting to know you better!”

Kyle hugged me and staggered out of the passenger side toward his medium sized home. As he walked through the door, he turned around and waved to me. Then, he slammed the front door shut and I was off.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and suscribe please and thank you! :*