Sequel: Our Day Will Come
Status: Finished...and the sequel has begun.

Womanizer

XVIII.

Megan stretched out on the sofa, flipping idly through the channels. Nothing captured her interest, but it wasn't because the television programs lacked anything, it was simply because Megan's mind was reliving--for the millionth time--Brian's kiss on Saturday.

Four days later, she could still feel the press of his lips, soft and warm and demanding. The tip of his tongue had traced her bottom lip. She recalled his hands holding her captive, one along the back of her neck and one at the small of her back.

The memory sent a pulse of lust through her and made her lips tingle. She told herself, over and over, that it wasn't attraction to him that caused this reaction. The fact was that he was a superb kisser. Anyone who could kiss like that would evoke a similar response from her.

Sighing, Megan settled on an episode of "Chopped." The show always stirred her hunger and within minutes, she was contemplating ideas for dinner. Janine was napping and Zacky was working on material for the new album. Megan typically regarded the kitchen as out-of-bounds, for she wasn't exactly a skilled cook. However, tonight, she didn't want to disturb either Janine or Zacky.

Something easy, she thought, dragging herself off the sofa and padding to the kitchen. Pasta. Or fried chicken.

She was browsing through the pantry, finding both angel hair noodles and a jar of Prego, when her message alert tone reached her faintly from the living room. She set the box of noodles and the jar of sauce on the counter before jogging across the hallway. Her cell was on the coffee table. She snatched it up to see she had a text. It was from Brian.

"What are you up to, doll face?"

Smiling, Megan carried her cell back to the kitchen."Nothing much. About to fix dinner. You?"

"Actually, I was thinking about taking you to dinner. We have things to discuss."

"Like what?"

"Business, my dear. Can you be ready in half an hour?"

"Make it an hour. I'm not leaving Zee and Jani to fend for themselves."

"Deal. See you soon."


Megan went ahead and cooked the meal she had planned, lessening the amount to that appropriate for two people instead of three. She walked to the room on the first floor that had been converted to Zacky's office/studio and tapped on the door.

"Yeah?" Zacky called.

Megan cracked the door and stuck her head in. "I just wanted to let you know that I made dinner for you and Jani. I'm going out. I won't be late."

"Just a second, Meg," Zacky said as she attempted to retreat.

Reluctantly, she entered the room, hovering in front of the door. "Yes?"

Zacky studied her through narrowed green eyes. "Who are you going out with?"

"No one," she said innocently.

"Megan, I can't stop you and I know that, but please don't insult my intelligence. Is it Brian?"

"Yeah," Megan admitted after a short pause.

Zacky waved. "Alright. I'll tell Jani where you've gone so that she doesn't...worry."

Megan caught his hesitation prior to "worry" and barely refrained from rolling her eyes. She turned and left the room, climbing to her own bedroom to shower and change.

Brian was a few minutes late. He was in his typical attire: a sleeveless shirt, jeans, and sneakers, all further adorned by multiple belts and his favorite black fedora.

He greeted Megan with a hug. "Hey, lady."

"Hiya." Megan followed him to a later model crimson Camaro. He was enjoying having an excuse to rent a different car every weekend. "Nice."

Brian grinned. "Glad you approve. If you're really sweet to me, I might let you drive Saturday."

"So, where are we going?" Megan asked as she buckled herself in.

"Steak N Shake?" Brian said, his tone holding a hint of inquiry.

"Sounds great."

"Zee suggested I eat there."

"He's a wise one, that Zacky V. The food is delicious."

They arrived at the restaurant to find it mostly deserted. It was after six on a Wednesday evening. The early diners were already gone and the after-church crowd wasn't out yet.

They chose a corner booth. Megan ordered her usual burger, onion rings, and chocolate milkshake. Brian, too, got a burger (with less toppings than Megan), but he opted for chili cheese fries instead of onion rings and a cherry Coke instead of a shake.

"What business do we have to discuss?" Megan questioned curiously while they waited for their food.

"The bet."

Megan's heart gave a painful thump. She thought again of his kiss. Wrenching herself back to the present, she said casually "Oh. That."

Brian smirked as if he knew exactly where her mind was. "Yeah. That." Their waitress appeared and set their drinks on the table. Once she was gone, Brian continued. "I assume you're placing your faith in Alabama again?"

"Duh."

"Any ideas on what we should wager this time?"

Megan shook her head. Butterflies had erupted in her stomach. He had said the wagers would increase with each game. There weren't many choices beyond kissing that counted as an increase. Kisses that weren't on the mouth, touching, sex...

"Starting with a kiss, we don't have a lot of wiggle room," Brian stated, practically voicing her very thoughts.

The waitress brought their plates. Megan dug in, hoping that she could disguise her discomfort.

"Why don't we ease up this weekend?" Brian proposed.

Megan looked at him. "I'm listening."

"We can bet money."

"I don't know how to break this to you, Bri, but I'm poor."

Brian chuckled. "It doesn't have to be a drastic amount. Fifty bucks."

Megan regarded him with a slight frown. "You're serious."

"Why wouldn't I be?"

"I don't know. The way you talked after the Kentucky game, the wagers were going to be--"

"Physical," Brian finished for her, popping a fry into his mouth.

Megan nodded.

"If we stick to that rule, somebody's getting oral sex, at the very least, in about four more games." Brian's dark gaze caught and held her wide blue-green eyes. "Is that what you want?"

Megan could barely breathe. "No," she managed, grabbing her milkshake and taking a sip to relieve her suddenly dry throat.

"I'm not going to abuse the fact that you won't back down from a challenge, Megan. That wouldn't be fair. I didn't realize that you are literally stubborn enough that if I wagered oral sex and you lost, you wouldn't back out. And while I love a good blowjob, I would rather have one based on attraction and all that bullshit than one based on a bet." Brian offered her his hand across the table. "Fifty bucks?"

Megan slipped her hand into his. "Fifty bucks," she agreed, and they shook.

Privately, though, Megan wasn't thrilled. Fifty dollars wasn't going to feel nearly as good as that kiss.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took me so long to update. It's been a busy week. I'll try my very best not to make y'all wait this long again, but I have plans this weekend, too, so I can't promise.

This is a filler chapter. If you don't realize what Brian is doing, it will become very evident in the next chapter. If you DO realize what Brian is doing, well, then I'm sure you can imagine what will happen with the next bet. lol.

Special thanks to:

loveablycryptic_2
sup.jessay
BeenDownThatRoad
Vixyn Of Shadows
MoMo_92
FaBzShadows
amabie.
fiction;
SevenfoldGirl_
Matty Mullins
A7X_Jess
a.rebel.in.love.97

I can't believe I'm getting THAT many comments on a single chapter! Thank y'all so much! I love y'all <3