Sequel: Our Day Will Come
Status: Finished...and the sequel has begun.

Womanizer

XX.

Megan and Brian headed down to Tuscaloosa a day early, choosing to miss Halloween in the boring city of Decatur, Alabama, and attend the pep rally and bonfire held at the quad, followed by the Hank Williams Jr. concert taking place in Coleman Coliseum. They were going to spend the night in a nearby hotel and rise at the unholy hour of eight a.m. in order to make it to the Homecoming parade Saturday morning at nine a.m.

Zacky wasn't thrilled at the prospect of Brian and Megan having all that time together. There would be plenty of alcohol available to the pair and they were sharing a hotel room for the first time since the game in Arkansas. But Zacky knew better than to try to talk either Megan or Brian out of going. He would only antagonize them and he needed to be on speaking terms with them so that he could keep an eye on what was happening between the two of them.

"Will you relax?" Janine said Friday afternoon. Megan was upstairs, packing an overnight bag for her two days in Tuscaloosa. Brian would be by to pick her up in an hour.

"I can't help it," Zacky muttered. "Brian's doing exactly what he always does."

Janine raised an eyebrow, skeptical. "Seducing an innocent victim?"

"Just because we haven't walked in and found them fucking doesn't mean it's not happening, Jani."

"They've been hanging out for two months, Zee. Nothing has changed between them. If he was seducing her, wouldn't there be some sign of it? Something in her manner that would be different?"

"She's smart," Zacky pointed out once again. "Brian has to take it slow or she'll catch on." He chewed on his lower lip thoughtfully. "Or it could be that he's not being subtle at all. Maybe they're already fooling around and they're hiding it."

"Zack, please." Janine eyed him wearily. "She's old enough to make her own decisions. It's none of our business."

"I just want to protect her. He's going to hurt her."

"You have the best intentions. You care about Megan so much. It's one of the many things I love about you." Janine rubbed her swollen belly and grinned. "Our kid is going to hate you."

Zacky glanced at her. Seeing her there on the sofa, her hands tenderly caressing her belly and a huge smile on her face, some of the tension left Zacky's body. He smiled and went over to join her, plopping down close to her. He wrapped an arm around her shoulders, hugging her to his side, and placed his other hand on her belly.

"You're going to be a wonderful mother," he said, kissing her temple.

"And you're going to be a wonderful father," she replied. "As soon as you learn to relax."

"If I can prevent Megan from getting her heart broken, why shouldn't I?"

"Because sometimes, you have to let people make their own mistakes and learn from them. Megan isn't going to learn a damn thing if you shelter her. And she's not going to listen to you anyway. I mean, did you ever listen to your parents?"

"I'm not her parent; I'm her friend."

"You're treating her like she's about fifteen. You're being a parent."

Zacky sighed. "Fine. I'll leave it alone."

"I would," Janine advised. "Megan knows your opinion of Brian. She'll keep that in mind if and when she makes a decision about him, I promise."

Zacky nodded.

Janine tilted her face to kiss him softly on the lips. "She'll be okay, Zee."

Zacky kissed her more firmly. "Thanks. I needed to hear that."

"You really love Megan, don't you?"

"It's impossible not to. She's a special girl."

"That she is."

They both looked up at the sound of footsteps on the stairs. Megan breezed into the living room with a duffel bag over her shoulder, dressed in an Alabama tee and jeans. Her hair was in a careless ponytail and her face was makeup-free.

"Are you alright, Jani?" she demanded, catching sight of Zacky's hand resting on Janine's stomach and frowning with a trace of worry.

"Yeah."

Zacky and Janine exchanged a glance a moment later when they felt the baby kick. Janine's eyes were bright with happiness. Zacky felt a surge of love for her and their unborn child.

"Y'all are nauseating," Megan remarked conversationally, setting her duffel bag on the floor next to the archway that divided the living room and front hall. "You know that, right?"

Zacky flipped her off while Janine just laughed. There was a knock on the front door.

"I'll get it!" Megan singsonged, bouncing out of the room. She returned in seconds with Brian in tow. "Look what I found on the steps! A stray dog! Can we keep him?"

Janine failed to disguise her snort of amusement.

Brian shoved Megan playfully. "Ha ha."

"You have to put up posters first," Zacky said jokingly to Megan. "Make sure he hasn't got owners who are searching for him."

"You two could go on the road with that act," Brian said sarcastically. "Hilarious. You'd put Jeff Dunham and Daniel Tosh out of business."

Megan shared a grin with Zacky.

"Ready to go?" Brian asked her.

"Yup." She hugged Zacky and Janine. "Bye!"

"Bye," Janine echoed. "Have fun. Be careful."

"We will," Megan promised. "Love y'all."

"Love you," Zacky and Janine said simultaneously.

Megan scooped up her duffel bag, waved, and followed Brian out of the house. Silence descended.

"Wow," Zacky said. "We have the house to ourselves for two days."

Janine smiled. "I know." She pecked him on the lips and got to her feet. "I'm going to take a nap."

Zacky watched her leave the room, then shifted his attention to the television. He really needed to work on material for the new album, but he couldn't get motivated. Besides, Brian wasn't working, so why should he?

Zacky went into the kitchen and fixed himself a Jack and Coke. He settled in on the sofa with his drink and House of 1000 Corpses for company.

**********

"Favorite color?"

Megan shot Brian a look, one perfectly shaped eyebrow arched. "Seriously?"

"We have to do something during this drive. Answer the damn question."

"Umm...silver, purple, and magenta."

"Interesting. Favorite actor?"

"Wait. Don't I get to ask a question?"

"You just did."

Megan rolled her eyes. "Smartass."

"Favorite actor?" Brian insisted.

"Classic or current?"

"Hmm." Brian paused in thought. "Classic," he decided.

"Easy. Carey Grant and Jimmy Stewart."

"Current?"

"Anthony Hopkins, Bruce Willis, Liam Nieson, and Johnny Depp." Megan's brow furrowed for an instant, then cleared. "I like Leonardo Dicaprio, too, but only in his more recent films."

"Not a fan of Titanic?"

"Hell no! I laughed when he died."

Brian snickered. "You're a cold-hearted bitch."

Megan shrugged. "Whatever. They were both too dumb to live, as far as I'm concerned."

"Don't get me off topic. I'm learning all about you. Favorite classic actress?"

"Katherine Hepburn," Megan answered at once. "She's brilliant."

"Favorite current actress?"

"Anne Hathaway, Ellen Page, and Emma Stone."

"With that as your list of favorite actors and actresses, I'm intrigued to hear a list of your favorite movies," Brian commented.

"Okay. First and foremost, Bringing Up Baby and Arsenic and Old Lace. Two amazing films that will have you laughing your ass off all the way through," Megan stated. "I have to mention A Philadelphia Story as well, though that's probably just because I love Katherine Hepburn so much. And Harvey."

"You know, they have films in color now," Brian teased.

Megan threw him a glare. "I'm getting to those!"

"Alright. Chill."

"The Labyrinth is one of my all-time favorites. The Lost Boys, The Crow, Taken, The Dark Knight, Whip It, Across the Universe, Coraline, Pan's Labyrinth, Stardust, and Edward Scissorhands."

"No horror movies?"

"Horror has fallen pretty flat lately, but...Saw and The Collector. They both creeped me out. I'm a pretty big fan of both Silence of the Lambs and Hannibal, but I wouldn't say they scared me. They were just great films."

"Your list is missing Scarface, The Godfather, Natural Born Killers, American Psycho, and Pulp Fiction."

"So?"

"None of those appealed to you?"

"American Psycho was pretty good."

Brian shook his head. "You're weird."

"Because I don't like the movies that top all of the 'greatest movies of all-time' lists?" Megan said. "C'mon, man. Think for yourself."

Brian chuckled. "This isn't about me. Favorite band?"

"That's not fair. My cousin is engaged to Zacky Vengeance. Who do you think my favorite band is?"

"Second favorite band?"

"Black Veil Brides."

"Because they sound like us."

"Because they have talent," Megan retorted. "Pink Floyd ranks high. So does Led Zeppelin."

"Queen?"

"Love 'em. My mom saw them."

"Lucky bitch!"

"Right?"

Brian pulled out a pack of cigarettes. "Who was your first concert?"

"Hell, I don't remember. I've been going to concerts since before I could walk." Megan glanced at Brian curiously. "Why do you want to know so much about me?"

"I talk about myself a lot," Brian explained. "Curse of being a rock star. I get sick of hearing about myself. I'd rather hear about you."

"Makes sense."

"I'll stop if it's bothering you."

"Nah. It's no problem. Let the interrogation continue!"
♠ ♠ ♠
So this is mostly filler, but it's needed. Zack's opinion on the relationship between Megan and Brian has to be clear for later events. The random conversations about music, movies, etc. are important because Brian and Megan have to know each other on more than just a superficial level or else the story doesn't work. lol.

I personally love that Zack cares about Megan so much. It's not just that, though. He's dealing with a lot of stress and apparently deals with it by being all "parental" on Megan. Haha! I know people like that.

Okay, so y'all should totally check out this song. It's, like, the anthem for Megan, since she's such a hot Alabama fan: Alabama Love: Velcro Pygmies . The Velcro Pygmies are amazing <3

Special thanks to:

FaBzShadows
ChaR17
shelby dawn
Vixyn Of Shadows
a.rebel.in.love.97
fiction;
sup.jessay
MoMo_92
Star Angel
A7X_Jess
James Cassells.

Y'all are so awesome! I love y'all soooo much! And thank you for the 32 recommendations! I know fiction; just recommended the story, so another special thanks to you!!!!! :-)