Sequel: Our Day Will Come
Status: Finished...and the sequel has begun.

Womanizer

XXXII.

When Alabama scored their first points against Auburn, thanks to a field goal by Tiffin, it was as if a massive explosion had occurred inside Bryant-Denny stadium. Brian didn't think he'd ever heard such noise. Megan grinned at the expression on his face.

"Didn't I tell you?" she shouted over the deafening cheers. "The only game that truly matters to a lot of Bama fans!"

Almost the entire crowd was decked out in crimson and/or white, but the Auburn fans had made a good showing as well: there were random clusters of blue, orange, and white. Brian had witnessed an inordinate amount of trash talk prior to the game. This was a serious rivalry, indeed.

Brian looked at Megan as her attention returned to the field. She was practically glowing with happiness. Her hair was in pigtails and, since the sun was shining directly on them, keeping it more or less a comfortable temperature, she had taken off her hoodie. She was in her favorite Alabama tee-shirt and a pair of black sweat pants that had "BAMA" blazoned across her backside in crimson letters.

Even after all that had transpired between them recently, Brian found himself thinking that she was beautiful. He had sworn to himself he would put those thoughts out of his mind; he needed to revert to his original stance in regard to Megan--she was a friend and nothing more. She had told him Tuesday evening that she would decide when he was permitted to touch her again, among other things. However, she hadn't given him the faintest sign that she was interested in a repeat of the weekend in Baton Rouge, or last Saturday night.

Whatever, he said to himself. It's for the best.

If she moved on and didn't give in to him, he would be forced to move on as well. That would probably work better than his original plan. He wasn't sure, though. He'd never actually tried to fuck someone out of his system. He'd never had to resort to that before. Megan was a special case.

Unless I'm willing to do a lot more damage to this friendship, I'm going to have to do things her way. And that means letting the sexual tension die. We can go back to the way we were at the beginning of the season.

But Brian wasn't sure about that, either. He had never been friends with a girl, slept with her, then gone back to just friends. He'd had girlfriends, he'd had fuck buddies, he'd had one-night stands...this whole situation with Megan was new to him. He hadn't wanted to keep any kind of friendship with any of the others. The relationships, as they were, had run their course and expired. He didn't want that this time. He liked Megan. She was fun and sweet and he didn't want to dismiss the friendship because of a couple of mistakes.

The crowd erupted once again. Alabama's Glen Coffee had just run forty-one yards for a touchdown, extending Bama's lead 10-0.

"Roll Tide!" Megan squealed.

Brian focused on the game. He was determined not to spend any more time dwelling on Megan. He needed to relax and enjoy some football, the way he had during the first few weeks of the season.

"Oh...no," Megan moaned later. It was nearing the end of the second quarter and Auburn was setting up for a field goal.

"It's only three points," Brian pointed out.

"I don't care," Megan said. "I want us to shut 'em out!"

In the next instant, Saban had called a timeout. Megan was familiar with this tactic. Saban was attempting to "ice the kicker." As the teams jogged back onto the field, and Auburn prepared to take the kick, Megan leaned forward in her seat. Her hands were balled into fists.

Auburn's Morgan Hull seemed to move in slow motion. His foot connected with the ball--and out of nowhere, Bama's Bobby Greenwood appeared, batting the ball out of the air and blocking the field goal.

The Alabama fans were louder than ever. Megan had leaped to her feet and was jumping up and down. The clock ticked down and Alabama went to the half with their 10-0 lead still intact.

"Alabama has got to stop doing this to me," Megan muttered, plopping back down in her seat. "I'm going to have a massive heart attack and die."

Brian chuckled. "We can stop somewhere on the way home and buy you a huge fucking drink."

"That could help. We should have snuck something in."

"Next time."

"Next time, it won't be necessary."

"Alcohol is always necessary. Besides, what goes better with football?"

"If we get arrested, you'll pay my bail, too, right?"

"Naturally."

Megan smiled. "Then, sir, I think we have a deal."

Brian held out his hand. "Shake on it?"

Megan accepted the offered hand and they shook.

"I really want a cigarette," Brian commented.

"So go have one."

"Will you come with me?"

Megan hesitated. "Fine," she sighed. "But if we miss even one second of the game, I'm kicking your ass." She pulled on her hoodie.

The two of them walked out to the edge of the parking lot. Brian lit a cigarette and inhaled deeply. "Oh yeah. That's the stuff."

Megan wrinkled her nose, but said nothing.

"Damn!" a voice exclaimed, causing both Brian and Megan to look around. "I'd hit that even though she's a Bama fan!"

Two guys in Auburn beanies were hurrying towards the closest entrance to Bryant-Denny, one of them peering over his shoulder at Megan and nudging his friend.

Megan gave them a sweet little wave. "Fuck you very much and have a wonderful day!" she called sarcastically.

Brian couldn't suppress a snort of amusement. He hadn't really felt an urge to protect her or anything; he knew from personal experience that she could handle herself. It was one of the things he liked about her, even if it was slightly intimidating to be around a girl who didn't treat him like her personal bodyguard. Girls seemed to think that acting helpless was a turn-on, and in some cases it was. But Megan's tough side didn't exactly turn Brian off.

"Can you smoke faster?" Megan demanded impatiently.

Brian blew a smoke ring in her general direction. "Relax. We've got plenty of time."

Megan exhaled loudly, crossing her arms over her chest. A second later, her cell phone rang, emitting AC/DC's "Thunderstruck."

Megan quickly plucked her cell from a pocket and answered it. "Zack?"

Brian froze, watching Megan's face as she listened to whatever Zacky was saying. Megan's eyes widened and she looked at Brian.

"We're on our way," she said before hanging up.

"What is it? Is everything okay?" Brian inquired worriedly.

Megan grabbed his arm and broke into a run, dragging him with her. "It's Jani. Her water broke! Zack is taking her to the hospital right now. We've gotta go!"

Brian tossed away his cigarette and matched his pace to Megan's. Reaching the car, he unlocked the doors and they both dove in.

"You'd better drive like a bat out of hell," Megan said, buckling her seatbelt.

Brian twisted the key in the ignition and the car roared to life. "You've got it."

The tires screamed as he raced out of the parking lot.
♠ ♠ ♠
YAY! Zacky and Jani are about to be parents!!!!!!!

Sorry this update is kinda short. My inspiration hasn't totally left me, but I am having trouble getting the ideas down because...well, honestly, personal shit is affecting my writing. Let's leave it at that. I promise, though, I'll try to have another update by the end of the week.

Special thanks to:

sup.jessay
TooConfusedForWords
SabbyHasAHeart
FaBzShadows
BeenDownThatRoad
Shazza Rose
Vixyn Of Shadows
MoMo_92
KatieMilillo
miahaner
Star Angel
Synful Cocktail
Lacey-Nights
Raoul Duke: I liked your description of Megan. Thank you for that. It's how I tried to portray her; I didn't want her to be perfect or a total screw-up. I wanted her to be real.

Thank you all, again, for your continued support. <3