So Far Away

Very Serious

It was a very normal Monday afternoon.

My husband was at work, my son was playing in his room with his best friend and I was working in my little home office.

What I didn't know was that it wasn't going to be a very normal Monday evening. Oh no, it was going to change my life and it definitely would not be a good change.

Mason, five years old, the world's cutest baby boy (well, not so much a baby anymore) was playing in his room with his friend – best friend – who was four years old and shared the birthday with our little Mason, Rose. Little Rose was Michelle and Brian's daughter. She was a really adorable little girl and made me wish that my next baby would be a girl.

In fact, next month, I would be finding out if the baby in my belly would be a girl. If not, a baby boy would be just as good. Mason would be a great big brother either way.

But the thing was, I felt like I was the happiest I had been in a long time. I mean, Jimmy and I were doing better than ever. He hadn't gone on tour in a long time and we had got to spend time together as a family. It had been really great but unfortunately, it all had to end eventually. Jimmy and the rest of the band had gone back in to the studio and started writing a new album.

But even though Jimmy wasn't home during days, he made sure that we hung out in the evenings. And my god, our sex life had never been that good. I mean, I knew it had something to do with the pregnancy but it was amazing. Jimmy was amazing. I had started to resemble a fifteen-year-old teenage girl because I felt so horny all the time. Jimmy only thought it was a good thing. I didn't. He obviously had no idea what it felt like, having to need sex every single hour of the day.

My mother was now a proud owner of not only one but actually two bakeries. She had become a very busy woman but deep down inside she was really enjoying it. Her business was doing great and I was really proud of her. I think she had even started dating someone but she wouldn't tell me or my sister who it was. Of course we tried our best to find out but we hadn't had any luck yet.

”Mommy?” I heard Mason's voice coming from the doorway and I turned around with my chair and looked at the small boy leaning against the door frame.

”Yeah?” I asked with a smile.

”We want to go swimming,” he told me.

”Uh... In the pool?”

”Yes!”

”Well, uh... I can't let you two go out there by yourselves. I shouldn't let Rose go in the pool at all, actually. You remember what happened the last time, don't you?” I mumbled.

Last time, Mason and Rosie had gone into the pool and it had all gone really well until Mason had scared Rose and she had been so scared that she peed a little and freaked out so bad that she cried for at least an hour. After that Brian had told me not to let Rose go into the pool anymore.

”Can we go to the beach, then?” Mason asked.

He was obviously getting frustrated. In fact, he was a lot like Jimmy. He couldn't stay in place for no longer than a minute.

”Well... Sure. That's a very good idea, honey,” I said and nodded.

Mason started grinning and ran away to tell Rosie about the plan.

An hour later I found myself sitting on the beach and watching as the two kids played in the sand. They were giggling and being all calm until Mason started throwing handfuls of sand everywhere.

And in no longer than a few seconds I found myself trying to get the damn sand out of my eyes.

”Stop laughing. This is very serious,” I mumbled to Rosie who was laughing at me for apparently ”looking so funny with astoundingly bloodshot eyes” – bloodshot and astounding, how did she even know such words?

After getting back from the beach, Michelle and Brian picked up Rose from our place and soon after that Jimmy got home.

I had just put Mason to bed when Jimmy appeared in the livingroom.

”Wow, holy shit! Why do your eyes look like... That?” Jimmy was trying not to laugh as he took a closer look at my eyes.

He pinched my cheek as he sat down on the couch and pulled me down on to his lap.

”Mason threw sand in my eyes at the beach,” I mumbled and wiped my eyes.

He laughed and pulled me into a kiss.

”There's nothing funny in this,” I mumbled and pushed his face away.

”You should see yourself, Rachel.”

”I'd rather not, thanks very much,” I muttered, ”Aren't you supposed to tell me how beautiful I look and not how ugly I am?”

”Oh, right. Yeah. You look really beautiful, baby,” he told me.

”Now you're only saying that because I told you to!”

”Well, yeah, but I do think you look good,” he said and pushed my hair back and touched my cheek.

”You do?”

”Of course I fucking do. Don't be stupid, Rach. Is this one of those pregnancy things again? Do you remember that one time when you were pregnant with Mason and I came home from tour and you cried because you thought that I thought that you were ugly?” he asked and chuckled quietly.

”No, no. I'm not going to start crying.”

”Well good. Because I'd hate to see my pretty little wife cry,” he told me and pulled me closer into another kiss.

It turned into a full makeout session and soon I found myself shirtless laying on top of him.

”Don't be too rough, though,” I mumbled into his mouth, ”Because of the baby.”

Jimmy mumbled something against my lips as he had some trouble with opening my bra.

As he had just about opened them, the doorbell rang and it completely killed the mood.

”Who is it?” I mumbled as Jimmy helped me up from the couch.

He grabbed my shirt from the floor and handed it to me.

”How would I know?” he asked with a laugh as he grabbed my hand and started pulling me to the front door.

As he opened the door, he froze completely.

I saw a woman, a woman about our age standing in front of us.

She was really pretty and she was somewhat smiling at Jimmy.

”Uh, hello?” I mumbled and furrowed my eyebrows. I had no idea who she was.

”It's been a while,” the woman said to Jimmy.

”Uh huh... Look, this isn't a very good moment. This isn't the right place nor the time,” Jimmy said quietly.

”Jimmy, who is this?” I asked. I was beyond confused.

”This is, uh...”

”Is this your wife?” the woman asked Jimmy and looked at me.

”Eh...” Jimmy was completely speechless.

”I am,” I said, ”And who are you?”

”Haven't you told her?” the woman asked Jimmy. She seemed to be surprised.

”Told me what?”

”Jimmy is the father of my son,” she told me.

Excuse me, what?
♠ ♠ ♠
Ayeeee! So I decided to write a sequel to That's Why I Got a Heater For Your Thighs - in case you haven't read that, I suggest you go do that before you read this story!