So Far Away

What A Bitch

”Get out of my house!” I screamed as hard as I could and pointed at the door, ”Get out, now! Get out!”

Isabella was glaring at me for a moment before letting out a bitter laugh. She shook her head and took a few steps back before reaching the door.

”You know I'm right. You wouldn't be screaming at me if you didn't believe me,” she told me before leaving.

What a fucking bitch.

12 hours earlier...

”Rach, come on, get up! I haven't even packed my stuff and I'm leaving in an hour!” Jimmy exclaimed and pulled the warm blanket away from me. The warmth left me and I shivered as I sat up and covered my half naked body.

”How is any of that my fault, anyway? Why didn't you pack last night like I told you to?” I mumbled and got up from the bed.

I walked to the mirror and looked at my body for a moment. Wow, I was really really pregnant.

After looking at myself for a moment, I went to the closet and pulled on my pajamas. I found it too hot to sleep in them.

”You know I suck at packing and all that shit. Come on, you have to help me,” Jimmy mumbled and wrapped his arms around my waist before pulling me into a kiss.

”Okay, now, what do you need? You'll be only staying in Vegas for a few days, right?” I asked and sat down on the bed and watched as Jimmy pulled out a bag from the closet.

”Well, yeah...”

”What are you going to wear when you guys go on stage?”

”I don't know,” he said and shrugged.

”Well, not be rude but you're never going to be ready if you can't make any decisions,” I told him.

He sighed and nodded.

”Wait... Can you do this for me? You know what I want to wear,” he said and all of a sudden his eyes were full of hope.

”No! Jimmy, you're almost 30 years old! Even Mason can pack his own bags,” I told him.

”Well that's because he finds it interesting because he doesn't do it all the time. But, man, this sucks,” he said and sighed.

He sat down on the floor and just stared at the bag in his hands for a moment.

”Do I have to sit here and watch you as you sit there and look at that bag?” I asked and laughed.

”Can you make me breakfast?”

”Is there anything else you'd like? Do you need help showering or making the bed? Do you need a ride to the airport? Do you need me to feed you or change your diapers?”

”Oh ha ha. Thanks but I'm good.”

About an hour later Jimmy got downstairs with a huge suitcase. He carried it to the front door before joining me and Mason in the kitchen.

”Why do you have a suitcase? What was wrong with that bag?” I asked him as he sat down.

”I couldn't decide what to take,” he said with a shrug.

”So you took your whole wardrobe?”

”Pretty much, yeah.”

We ate our breakfast quickly and just as we finished, the tour bus arrived in front of our house. Jimmy got up and started walking to the front door.

”Mase, go say goodbye to dad,” I told the kid and patted his back.

He ran to Jimmy who picked him up and hugged him for a moment.

”Hey, mama, come give me a hug,” Jimmy said with a grin as he put Mason down.

I rolled my eyes and took a few steps toward him.

”Don't call me a mama, it sounds really wrong,” I told him as I gave him a kiss.

He laughed, pinched my cheek and hugged me before stepping out of the house.

”Be a good girl,” he told me, ”Don't get into trouble because I won't be here helping you out of it.”

”I think I can live without you for a few days,” I said and laughed, ”But what I am worried about is you. You're going to behave yourself, aren't you?”

”Don't worry, Rach,” he said and laughed.

He picked up his suitcase and started walking to the bus. I watched as he carried his stuff in and before leaving, he ran back to me.

”I love you,” he whispered before pulling me into a kiss.

I laughed into his mouth and squeezed him tightly before letting go of him.

After Jimmy had left, Mason and I went to the beach for a moment. He went swimming while I stood in the water, looking like a whale. I had to keep my clothes on because there was no way in hell that I would've put a bikini on while being that pregnant.

”Mase, be careful!” I shouted after him every now and then but the kid ignored me completely. He was playing in the water and throwing sand everywhere.

I thought he would never get tired but at some point he wanted to go back home and take a nap.

So I took him home and he fell asleep on the couch while I watched a movie. After the movie my sister came by.

”Stop ringing the goddamn doorbell, Mason's asleep,” I hissed as soon as I'd opened the door.

Rebecca pulled her hand away from the doorbell and grinned as I let her in.

”What's up?” I asked as I led him into the kitchen.

”Isn't Jimmy here?” she asked and looked around, ignoring my question.

”No, he left to Vegas,” I told her.

”Wow, Vegas. What is he doing there? And why aren't you with him?”

”Their band has to play a show and they wanted to go to the casino and get drunk. And because I'd rather not be seen publicly with Jimmy while looking like this,” I told her. She nodded.

”You're right. You don't look very... Flattering,” she said.

”Oh ha ha. Shut up,” I rolled my eyes, ”What are you even doing here?”

”I came to ask you out.”

”What?”

”Mom wants us to have lunch with her,” she explained.

”And what about Mase?”

”Obviously he's going to come with us.”

”We have to wait for him to wake up,” I said.

”Why can't you wake him?”

”Do you know how hard it is to bring myself to wake a sleeping child? Have you ever tried?”

”Obviously I haven't since I don't have kids,” she said and shrugged.

”Exactly. He looks so cute when he sleeps and I just can't disturb him,” I said.

”Pussy.”

”Shut up!”

”Pussy!”

”Well you go wake him up, then,” I said and pointed at the living room.

She started walking and I followed him to the couch. She got down on her knees and leaned close to Mason and I waited for her to do something but she didn't do anything. She just looked at him and then lifted her head up and looked at me.

”I... I can't,” she whispered, ”He looks so... Calm.”

”Pussy,” I whispered and winked at her.

She rolled her eyes and got up on her feet. She pushed me all the way back into the kitchen and sat down behind the table.

”It's hard, isn't it?” I asked her.

”It is! I guess we'll just have to wait for him to wake up,” she said with a sigh.

Like an hour later Mason finally woke up. I had to dress him before we could leave but it was hard because the kid was still very much asleep. He didn't understand anything I told him and kept walking into walls and everything.

We went out to a restaurant near one of mom's bakeries and ate some lunch. After that we went to the bakery and mom gave Mason tons of ice cream, even though I told her not to give him any. When it got late, I drove back home with Mason.

Because the kid had taken a nap earlier, he wasn't tired at all when it was time for him to go to bed. I tried everything to get him tired but he just laid awake in his bed as I sat on the floor next to the bed.

”Mase, let's play another game. It's called ”count to hundred and fall asleep” and it's a really fun game,” I told him.

”I don't want to play a game,” he mumbled, ”I want ice cream.”

”You already had ice cream. It's time to go to sleep, now,” I told him.

”No. I want ice cream,” he said and sat up on the bed.

”Lay down and close your eyes, okay?”

”No!”

”Mason, you can have ice cream as breakfast tomorrow if you close your eyes now,” I told him. Oh
god, what had I got myself into?

”Do you promise?”

”Yes, I promise,” I told him and stood up, ”Goodnight.”

”Mommy?”

”Yeah?”

”Where did daddy go?” Mason asked quietly.

”He's at work, honey,” I said.

”When does he come home?”

”Uh... Soon. You can call him tomorrow if you want to,” I said.

”Okay.”

After Mason had fallen asleep (finally...) I went to watch a movie in the livingroom.

I didn't get to sit there for that long because the doorbell rang. I quickly got up and made my way to the front door.

I opened it and froze when I saw the person standing in front of me. It was Isabella, the woman that Jimmy had a son with.

”What are you doing here?” I asked her before realizing that I wasn't being very polite.

But then again, she was the one that had a child with a married man.

”I came to see Jimmy,” she told me.

”Why?”

”Because I want to see him.”

”That's not a reason to come to my house. What do you want from him, other than money of course?”

”He's my friend,” she told me with a shrug, ”We always have fun when we meet.”

”Really? And how often do you meet?” I asked and crossed my arms over my chest.

”Well, every once in a while,” she said and shrugged, ”So, is he home?”

”No he's not home,” I told her.

”Well where is he?”

”If he was your friend, I'm sure you would know by now,” I said.

”Can't you just tell me?”

”He's in Vegas. Now, he's obviously not here so you can just leave,” I told her.

”Can I have some water? I really need something to drink,” she said all of a sudden and pushed me out of her way as she walked into the house.

I followed her into our kitchen (she obviously had been there before because she knew where the kitchen was) and watched as she took a bottle of water out of the fridge.

”You know, while you and Jimmy were separated, I used to be here all the time,” she said, ”We watched movies and drank wine and all that stuff.”

”And why exactly are you telling me this?” I muttered.

She was seriously starting to piss me off. She was actually trying to annoy me and make me jealous. And, besides, I wouldn't have known if she was even telling me the truth. She could've been just bullshitting me, you know.

”I don't know. I thought that you wanted to know since you're his wife and all,” she said.

”Well thank you very much for telling me. Now, I hate to be rude, but can you leave?” I muttered.

”Yeah, in a minute. Listen, when Jimmy comes back, can you tell him to call me?” she asked.

”What, are you trying to, like, hook up with him? Do you want to go out with him?” I asked.

”I wouldn't mind. He's been such a sweetheart to me,” she said and flashed a smile, ”And I wouldn't mind having a father to my son again.”

”You've got the guts to come in to my home and give me this bullshit,” I muttered, ”Do you think that Jimmy would just leave me and his family for you?”

”Well, I mean, I'm not exactly sure how important you are to him because when we were in bed, he probably didn't even think about you,” she said.

My eyes went wide as I started at her.

”What do you mean, when you were in bed? Have you slept with my husband again?” I was really trying to stay calm and not care about her or her words but damn.

”Well, yeah. Didn't you know? Whoops,” she said and covered her mouth with her hand.

”You're lying to me,” I muttered, ”There's no way he would've slept with you.”

”I could tell you about all the tattoos he has on his thighs or on his lower back... Or what he likes to do while we have sex... Or how big his – ”

”Shut up!” I exclaimed, ”Shut up and get out of here!”

”Wow, wow, wow. Calm down.”

”Get out of my house!” I screamed as hard as I could and pointed at the door, ”Get out, now! Get out!”

Isabella was glaring at me for a moment before letting out a bitter laugh.

She shook her head and took a few steps back before reaching the door.

”You know I'm right. You wouldn't be screaming at me if you didn't believe me,” she told me before leaving.

What a fucking bitch.