So Far Away

Trust Me On This One

I didn't know what to do or who to believe. I mean, Isabella could've been lying to me. She could've been just trying to ruin our marriage and telling me lies. But, then again, how could she know that Jimmy actually had tattoos on his thighs or on his lower back? I mean, you don't really show those spots to your friends unless you're pretty much naked.

But that didn't prove that they had actually had sex. Why would Jimmy even cheat on me if we were on a break? I mean... He surely loved me, didn't he?

I laid in the bed the next morning and didn't feel like getting up. My mind kept going back to the previous night and to Isabella who had laughed at me. God, I felt horrible. What if it was true? What if Jimmy had slept with her?

My phone had been ringing all morning. It was mostly just Jimmy who was trying to reach me but I didn't feel like talking to him. Mom had also called me a few times but it must've been because of Jimmy who had probably called her and asked her why I wasn't answering my phone. I wouldn't have been surprised if mom came by to check that I was still alive or something.

At ten Mason stumbled into my bedroom. He seemed to be really tired as he climbed up to the bed and cuddled up closer to me.

”Good morning, honey,” I mumbled and stroked his cheek as he laid next to me.

”Morning, mom,” he mumbled and yawned as he patted my baby bump.

”It's your little sister over there,” I told him as I pulled up my shirt slightly and revealed my belly.

”Did you eat her?”

”No,” I said and laughed, ”I didn't eat her.”

”How did she get in there?” Mason asked me.

”She's growing up there. She needs to get a lot stronger and bigger before she can come out into this world,” I said.

”Is daddy home yet?” Mason asked suddenly.

”No, he isn't home yet,” I said with a sigh.

My mind went back to Jimmy and Isabella and to the fact that they probably slept together in our house, on our bed.

”Can I have ice cream now?”

”Yes, honey, you can have ice cream now.”

Mason and I ate breakfast in the kitchen for half an hour before the doorbell rang. I didn't even get a change to get up when the door burst open and my mom ran in.

”Rach, thank god you're okay!” she exclaimed and gasped, ”Why didn't you answer your phone?”

Mom was breathing very heavily and Mason was laughing at her.

”Funny grandma!” Mason exclaimed and pointed at my mom.

”I just didn't want to talk to anyone,” I told her.

”Why? Has Jimmy done something? Tell me, Rach.”

”I don't know, yes, no, maybe? I'm trying to figure out what to do,” I said.

”Well, either way, because you're not answering to him, he said that he's coming home tonight after the show,” mom told me.

”Great,” I muttered and sighed, ”I just need some time to think.”

”What do you want me to tell him, Rach?”

”I don't know, okay?”

”What has he done?” she asked me and sat down next to Mason.

”I'm not sure if you're the first person I should tell,” I said, ”I mean, if it isn't true then you're going to overreact anyway...”

”Honey, I just want what's the best for you. And it has started to seem like Jimmy isn't what's best for you,” she whispered and tried to make sure that Mason didn't hear every word.

”I know but what can I do? I love him, we're married, we have kids, I want to be with him,” I said with a shrug.

”Sometimes it's the best if people just break up. Well, anyway, I have to rush back to the bakery,” she said and stood up, ”Bye bye, Mason!”

She kissed Mason's cheek before running out of the house.

”How would you feel about going to grandma's tonight for a sleepover?” I asked Mason with a smile.

”Yay!” he exclaimed with a grin.

”Good.”

I had to get Mason out of the house because I had a feeling that when Jimmy came home, there would be a lot of shouting and screaming and fighting.

Jimmy came home around 11 that night. I was already in bed, asleep, as he walked into the bedroom and turned on the lights.

”Are you dead? Rachel? Why the fuck haven't you answered my calls?” he exclaimed. I opened my eyes and sat up.

”Do you want to know what happened last night?” I asked him, ignoring all of his questions.

”What?”

”Your best buddy Isabella came here. And you know what she told me? She said that while I was living with mom, you had been hanging out with her. And you had slept with her,” I said and looked at Jimmy's face.

”What the fuck are you talking about? I haven't slept with her in, what, four years!” he exclaimed.

”That's not what she said,” I said.

”Well fucking hell, Rach, who do you believe? Her or your husband?”

”I don't know. You have cheated on me before and you have lied to me before. What do you expect me to do when somebody comes to my house and tells me that they've slept with my husband?” I exclaimed.

”It's starting to seem like you never believe me anymore. You'd rather just believe someone else over your own fucking husband. If you're not going to believe me then what do you want me to do? Apparently you've already made your mind about this,” he muttered.

”I haven't ”made my mind about this” so stop acting like I've done something wrong,” I said, ”Feel free to tell me what exactly you have been doing with her if you didn't sleep with her.”

”I tried to help her get over her ex,” he said, ”And she's been here for a few times. We just drank a little and watched some movies and that's it.”

”She told me that she wants you to be a father to her son again. She wants to start a relationship with you. She doesn't care about the fact that you're already married,” I said.

”I can't change the way she thinks but I'm definitely not going to leave you for her or anyone else,” Jimmy told me.

”Yeah, but what if it is true? What if you did sleep with her and now you're lying to me? Because if you did have sex with her, please tell me now so I can leave,” I muttered.

”Rach, for fucks sake! I did not sleep with her, I would never cheat on a pregnant woman!” he exclaimed, ”Just trust me on this one, okay?”

”Do you swear to god that you didn't do anything with her? You didn't even kiss her or anything?”

”Yes, I swear to god! I would never ever do that to you a month before we're having another child!”

”If I ever find out that you were lying about this then – ”

”I wasn't lying!”

”But if I do find out that you were lying, I won't even look at you anymore. I will make sure that you're never seeing your kids or me again, do you understand me?”

”Yes.”

”Good. And you can't be in touch with her anymore,” I said.

”Being friends with her isn't the first thing on my mind, Rach,” he told me as he walked to the bed and sat down next to my feet.

”I just can't help but feel a little worried when you're around other women,” I said quietly, ”And I know that there are some probelms in this relationship but as soon as this baby is out, I'll try to fix them.”

”You mean, like, sex?”

”Yeah. And other stuff, too. I need to learn how to trust you more,” I admitted.

”Exactly.”

”So, uh... How was Vegas?” I asked after a moment.

Jimmy laid down on his side on the bed and shrugged.

”It was okay. Though, everybody went out tonight and obviously I'm now missing all of it...”

”But you would rather be home with your pregnant wife than out having fun with your friends, right?” I grinned as I moved closer to him. I laid down in front of him and touched his cheek.

”Yeah... Where's Mason, by the way?” he asked me.

”At mom's place. I thought that maybe he shouldn't be here if we're going to shout at each other,” I said after a moment.

”Oh, alright... I was thinking of calling some friends and going to the bar tonight, though,” he told me. I furrowed my eyebrows and looked at him.

”Look, Jimmy, I don't want to sound like your mom but... You can't go out to a bar every night. We're about to have another child. You have to spend some time at home, too,” I told him.

”I know but you go to bed so early that I have nothing else to do,” he said.

”You could, like, hang out here. You could watch movies or eat or read or something.”

”You know I want to spend time people. I don't like being by myself.”

”Well, anyway, you're not going out tonight,” I said and rested my head on the bed.

Jimmy laughed and wrapped his arms around me, pulling me on top of him. I ended up sitting on him, straddling his waist and holding on to his chest with my hands.

”I barely see you behind your huge belly,” he said and laughed as he looked up at me.

”It won't be long until the baby comes out,” I said, ”I seriously can't wait. I can't even remember what I looked like when I wasn't pregnant.”

”You looked really sexy,” he mumbled as he pulled my face down and gave me a kiss.

”You know, even though we were fighting just like five minutes ago, you have this way of making me feel better right away,” I told him.

”I know. I'm just that amazing,” he mumbled with a grin. I laughed and leaned in to kiss him again.

We stayed there for a while until I started to get really sleepy again and had to go back to sleep.

I got under the blanket as Jimmy got up from the bed and turned off the lights for me.

”Come in bed with me,” I mumbled and closed my eyes.

”Fine. Let me take a shower first,” he said.

I woke up about half an hour later when Jimmy got in the bed. He pulled me close and I felt his wet hair against my skin. I smiled and fell back asleep. This was exactly how it was supposed to be, we were supposed to sleep in the same bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
A big thank you to
- Intricate Atrocity
- FaBzShadows
- Minist.LasseyScourge
- greendayrox123
for your comments, cheers guys!

And a big thank you to
- vanessa_onne
- MrsChristX
- FaBzShadows
- Minist.LasseyScourge
- a7x_christina
- taylorsatiger
for recommending this story, it means a lot, much love guys!