So Far Away

Nothing Wrong With You

The week went by slowly. I didn't really do anything else than be with the kids at mom's place. We often went to the beach so that Mason could go swimming and we went to McDonald's pretty much every day because that was the only thing that Mason would eat. I was too tired to fight with him about it so I gave in. I let him have it his way.

Soon it was the day that Jimmy was coming back home and I had been packing all day my clothes and the rest of our stuff back into bags and carrying them into my car.

Mom was sad that we were leaving her again because she absolutely loved having her grandchildren there. But I reminded her that it wasn't the last time she would see them and she could always visit us.

Surprise surprise, I was officially out of money. I had no cash, I had no money and I had no idea where to get more. Mom had been buying us food for the past week and it wasn't the first time that I just couldn't bring myself to admit that I was broke.

But seriously, though, I hadn't been at work in months and I couldn't just go back to work because I had to take care of the baby. And honestly, I felt bad for asking for money from Jimmy, even though we were married.

”Mom! We're going now!” I exclaimed.

I had just put the baby and Mason in the car and was now standing next to her car. Mom came out of the house and came to hug me.

”Remember that you can call me at any time, okay?” she said and held my shoulders. I nodded and smiled.

”Thanks for letting us stay here.”

”Say hi to Jimmy. And make sure that you don't get too stressed. Remember to have some time alone, too,” she said and pinched my cheek.

”Okay, mom.”

I drove us home and let Mase out of the car.

He started running out of the yard as I carried all the bags into the house before getting the baby out. I held her against my chest and started walking to Mason who had ran to our neighbour's yard.

”Mase, honey, come back! You're not allowed to go there!” I exclaimed and walked after him.

All of a sudden our neighbour walked out of the house and saw Mason. She was an older woman who seemed to be friendly but to be honest with you, I had never even talked to her. In fact, I had never talked to any of our neighbours.

”I'm sorry,” I told the woman, ”My son is a bit out of control right now.”

”Oh, it's okay. It's always nice to see young children having fun,” she said and smiled in a creepy way.

Okay, that was a bit scary... Maybe she was a pedophile or something. The old people these days...

”Oh, the two of you have another baby!” she suddenly exclaimed and walked closer to have a look at the baby in my arms.

”Yeah, a few weeks ago,” I told her.

Wow, what an uncomfortable situation.

”Is it a boy or a girl?”

”A girl.”

”How lovely! Does she have a name yet?”

”Uh... No, not yet,” I told her.

She nodded and seemed to be a bit disappointed.

”I'm Rachel Sullivan, by the way. I think I've never introduced myself to my neighbours,” I said and shook her hand.

”I'm Eleanor Bloom. It's nice to meet you.”

Bloom?

”That's... Weird. I used to be a Bloom before I got married,” I told her.

”Really? Isn't that just a funny coincidence!”

I got Mason to come inside a few moments later and I was very thankful for that because the old lady Bloom was really starting to freak me out. There was something really familiar in her, yet I had no idea who she was. It all seemed really weird to me.

Well, anyway, Jimmy came home later that night.

The kids were bot already asleep in their rooms and I was having a glass of wine and watching TV as I heard the sound of the front door opening. I immediately felt a lot better, knowing that my other half was back where it belonged to.

A moment later I saw Jimmy standing in the doorway and grinning like a fool as he looked at me. I couldn't help but smile widely as I got up from the couch and hurried to hug him.

He wrapped me into his arms and held me close for a long time, kissing my head every once in a while.

”I missed you so much,” I whispered and pulled his face closer before kissing his lips.

”But I'm here now,” he mumbled against my lips, touching my cheek with his fingers.

”Good. Because I need to take a shower,” I said and grinned before pulling away from him.

After I had showered, I watched at my naked body in the mirror for a long time. I looked absolutely awful. There were stretch marks on my boobs and I looked a lot bigger and I hated it. My body wasn't the way it had been and it had been bothering me for a while already.

I sighed just as Jimmy walked into the bathroom.

I quickly covered myself with a towel and turned to look at him. Jimmy's eyes went up and down my body and he smiled.

”Why are you looking at me like that?” I mumbled and felt extremely uncomfortable.

”Take off the towel,” he said, ignoring my question.

”I'd rather not – ”

”Take it off. Let me see your body.”

”No.”

”Why not?”

”Because I don't want you to see me,” I mumbled, blushed and looked down.

”Why not?” he asked and stepped closer to me, placing his hands on my hips.

”Because... I look horrible. I don't like my body, I hate it,” I whispered.

”You look beautiful, Rachel. Let me see you,” he said and all of a sudden pulled the towel away from me.

I tried to grab it from him or at least cover my body but Jimmy stopped me. He grabbed my arms and held them against my sides tightly, making it impossible for me to cover myself. His eyes went down my body.

”I don't see anything wrong with you,” he told me as he touched my waist softly.

”You don't have to lie to me.”

”Rach, shut up. You look really fucking good and to be honest, I think I'm getting turned on. So, please, stop being like that. I really do love you and your body. I wouldn't have anyone else,” he told me.

He smiled softly and pulled me into a kiss.

”I don't know what you see in me,” I mumbled and grabbed the towel from him.

I covered myself and started walking out of the bathroom.

”I see the mother of my kids. You've given me something that no other woman has given me. You've always stood by my side and you put up with my mistakes,” he said.

I walked to my closet and started pulling on my pajamas.

”I'm sorry for being like this. I've just been having a hard time here without you,” I mumbled and sat down on the bed.

”None of that matters because I'm here for you now.”

”I know,” I said and nodded.

He sat down next to me and wrapped his arm around my shoulders, hugging me against his side. He kissed the top of my head.

”I'm really happy that you're back home,” I said and looked at his face.

”I know. And I'm not planning on leaving anytime soon. I don't want my kids to live without their father. And I don't want to push you to the edge.”

”It isn't your fault, really. I'm just afraid of feeling depressed again.”

”Everything will be just fine.”

”And I don't have money left anymore! I'm broke!” I exclaimed all of a sudden.

”Rach, don't worry about money. I've got money.”

”I don't want to take your money. You've worked hard to get that and I'm not going to spend it,” I mumbled and shook my head.

”Well how are you going to get money, then?”

”I don't know.”

”Exactly. Just write a list of what you need and I'll go buy them, okay?”

”Fine,” I mumbled with a sigh.
♠ ♠ ♠
The thing is, I've decided to end this story. There'll probably still be five-six chapters but after that there will be no more Rach & Jimmy. It's kind of sad, to be honest, you know, it feels like your child has grown up and is leaving home:-(

Well, anyway, thank you greendayrox123 (and yes, Jimmy just might be bipolar :-D), Intricate Atrocity and FaBzShadows for your very lovely comments, cheers guys!