So Far Away

Really Stupid

When we got home, I went straight into the kitchen, grabbed the first bottle I could find which happened to be tequila, and finished it. The liquid burned my throat but I ignored the feeling.

Jimmy glared at me from the doorway and shook his head.

”You're really fucking stupid,” he muttered and disappeared before I could say anything.

Half an hour later I was so drunk that I could barely see anything.

I was sitting on the kitchen floor and maybe crying a bit but I wasn't sad. I was actually really happy as I thought about my kids and my life.

But then, at some point I started to feel like I had to throw up and suddenly I wasn't feeling happy at all anymore.

I got up and leaned over the kitchen sink before throwing up. Tears streamed down my face as I violently threw up.

After my whole stomach was empty, I felt weak.

I sat down on the floor again and buried my face in my hands. I took a deep breath in and started sobbing.

”I told you, you were being stupid.”

I heard Jimmy's voice coming from doorway. I looked up at him through my teary eyes and sniffled.

”Help me up,” I mumbled to him.

”No. You can take care of yourself,” he muttered and shook his head.

”Please!”

”Rach, you told me you wanted to be left alone. So here you are, left alone,” he told me.

I groaned and tried to stand up but soon realized that I was so drunk that I couldn't even stand on my two feet. I fell back on the floor and sobbed even harder.

”Jimmy...” I mumbled, ”Please!”

”Do you want me to help you? Do you need my help?”

”Yes!”

”Then ask for it. Ask for my help and stop pushing me away, okay?” he muttered and started walking closer to me.

He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me up to my feet, holding me up against his body.

”I'm sorry,” I cried against his chest for a while, ”I'm sorry.”

”Stop crying, there's no need for it,” he mumbled and started walking me towards the stairs.

He helped me all the way up into our bedroom and then started pulling my dress off.

”And here I was, thinking I would've got sex tonight...” Jimmy mumbled to himself as he undressed me.

I laid on the bed with my eyes closed as he took off my dress.

”Do you sleep in your bra?”

”No,” I shook my head.

He rolled me over onto my stomach and got to take my bra off. Then a moment later I was laying on my back again and Jimmy was trying to put my pajamas on me.

”This is like trying to dress a three-year-old,” he muttered and finally gave up, throwing the pajamas on the floor.

”That's it. You're sleeping in your underwear,” he said and started covering me with the blanket.

I buried my head between the pillows and sighed.

”Give me a kiss,” I mumbled and tried to get a hold of Jimmy who had started to walk away.

”No fucking way. You just threw up,” he said as he turned off the lights.

He took off his jeans and got under the blanket with me.

”Please,” I mumbled and cuddled closer to him, ”Just one kiss. Please?”

”No, just, shut up and pass out already.”

”Please, please, please!”

”No! I'm not even going near you after seeing you throwing up in the sink,” he told me and pushed me away from him.

”Do you want me to start crying again?” I mumbled.

”No.”

”Then give me a kiss!”

I moved closer to him and ended up laying on top of him. My face was close to his and he was still trying to push me away from him. I managed to kiss him quickly and then I leaned my head against his chest before wrapping my arms tightly around him.

Of course I woke up the next morning with a horrible hangover. I never wanted to get out of bed but eventually I had to force myself up because I had to eat something before mom would come over and bring the kids.

Jimmy was in the kitchen talking on the phone when I walked in and made myself breakfast. I sat down and started eating and listened to Jimmy's conversation with somebody.

”Yeah... No, I can't come over today. Rach isn't feeling too well and I have a feeling that I have to look after the kids while she has a hangover... Well, you know her. She doesn't know when to stop... Right, okay, bye,” Jimmy finally ended the call and put the phone away.

”Who was it?” I asked with my mouth full of food.

”My mom.”

”Your mom? Now she thinks that I'm a drunk or something!” I exclaimed and swallowed a mouthful of food. I glared at Jimmy.

”Well you obviously don't know when you've had enough and when it's time to stop,” he said and shrugged.

”I haven't had a drink in, like, a year. So I believe it was okay for me to drink a little,” I said.

”Yeah, whatever,” Jimmy said and stood up. He grabbed his keys and phone from the table.

”Where are you going?” I asked.

”I got new drums last week and I need to bring the old ones home,” he told me.

”What, now? Can't it wait until tomorrow?”

”It could, yeah, but I might as well do it today,” he said and shrugged.

”Well can you give me a kiss before you go? I haven't thrown up today...” I said and laughed as he started grinning.

He walked closer and took a hold of my face before pulling me into a kiss.

”Are you going to be home before mom comes with the kids?” I asked before he left.

”Probably yeah.”

Mom came by a little while later and Jimmy wasn't back yet. So I offered mom some coffee and we sat in the kitchen and waited for Jimmy to arrive.

”So how are things between you and Jimmy? You seemed to be a bit upset yesterday,” mom said and looked at me. I shrugged.

”I don't know. I mean, yeah, we're doing great but... Do you remember when Jimmy, uh, cheated on me? And you know that he has a child with this other woman, Isabella, and, uh... It's been a while already but she came here one night and told me that she had slept with Jimmy. Again,” I explained to mom.

”Yeah, uh huh? What happened then?”

”Well, I got mad at Jimmy but I didn't know if it was even true. So when Jimmy got home, I asked him about it and he told me that it wasn't true, that he hadn't slept with her,” I said.

”Right, okay?”

”And back then I promised myself that I would find out if it was true. And now I've thought about things and I've started to think that maybe it was true... I mean, Jimmy and I haven't had sex in, what, months. We do fight quite often and I feel like maybe he actually did sleep with her...”

”Rach, you cannot just assume that your husband slept with somebody else. If he told you that he didn't then you just have to trust his word,” mom told me.

”Yeah, but that's the thing. He has lied to me before and this thing has really started to bother me,” I mumbled with a sigh.

”Honey, I'm telling you to forget about it. Things are going fine between the two of you now and I don't want you to ruin it because you're going to regret it later,” mom said, ”That's all I'm saying. Just forget about it.”

”It's not that easy,” I mumbled just as Jimmy came home.

He walked into the kitchen and saw me and then mom who was holding the baby.

”Hey! You look very beautiful today, Mrs. Bloom,” Jimmy said with a smile to mom.

Mom giggled like a teenager and blushed. Jimmy took the baby from mom and kissed her cheek before pressing her against his chest and holding her tightly.

”She's a very cute little baby,” mom said with a smile.

”She gets that from me,” Jimmy said. I rolled my eyes and shook my head.

”I don't think so,” I said.

”Are you saying that I'm not cute, then?”

”No. I'm just saying that I'm cuter than you which means that the baby is obviously cute because of me,” I said.

”You're right,” Jimmy said and laughed.

He walked to me and gave me a quick kiss.

”Aww, you two are my absolute favourite couple!” mom exclaimed and clapped her hands together.
♠ ♠ ♠
A big thanks to
- TortureOfImagination
- Intricate Atrocity
- FaBzShadows
(where have all my other commenters disappeared?!)
for your comments, much love guys!