Status: because, obvs, nutella makes the world go round.

Nutella

four

When I went to pull out my favourite pair of faded torn jeans on Monday morning, Mam had fastened a Lock Spell on my chest and stuck a handwritten note that told me to 'please, for the love of the Lords, wear a dress.'

Upset, I threw a shoe at the darned chest and trudged downstairs with the ugliest looking sack I could find in my closet.

Mam was standing in the kitchen, warming some pieces of bread with her hands.

"You know that's not what I meant."

She didn't even turn around.

Clenching my fists, I looked down at the dull red, floor length dress and sighed audibly. "I would look better in my jeans, Mam."

The woman gave me a look over and smirked. "I'd rather let you wear that then wear that ugly thing again. And besides, I've already thrown it away. Toby needed a new sleep rug."

My jaw dropped and I ran to the back door, determined to rescue my beloved jeans from Toby's crazy claws.

The door swung shut in my face. I tried to open it - with and without magic - and failed.

"Change the dress, Iliana," Mam said from beside the counter.

I turned to see her setting the slices of bread on a couple of plates. Half of me wanted to throw a tantrum, actually make that about three damned quarters, but I decided that it was too early in the morning to be so mad about something so insignificant.

It was Monday, anyway. Chances were I was going to find plenty things to be mad about at school today.

Evayn over reacting being the first, obviously.

Groaning inwardly, I stomped (yes stomped. There's a lot to be said about stomping like a three year old when your wishes aren't fulfilled) back upstairs and put on a sleeveless green summer dress. Running a hand through my hair, tangled again mind you, I grabbed my pack and Shifted downstairs.

"Stop Shifting in the house Iliana," Mam said from somewhere.

I ground my teeth.

I swear, this woman made being attacked from all directions seem like child's play.

Glaring at her back, I forced out a small apology and motioned to a slice of toast. It floated towards me effortlessly.

"Remember that you have Properiety classes with Ms. Hydge this afternoon. Don't be late."

That was Mam again.

I just waved the notion away and ran for the school gobmeister that was already parked at the wait- stops.

And what was a Monday morning without a lecture from Mam, really?

- - -


Evayn had saved a seat for me during lunch.

He sat at our usual table, the one furthest from the lunch line because he knew I hated crowds, and had on one of those goofy smiles that I'd fallen in love with when we first started going out.

Too bad I didn't feel the same way now.

Gripping my lunch tray, I wound my way around the kissing couples, musical geniuses and waving Alchemists (my peeps right thurr!) and set my tray down next to his. I wasn't looking forward to any of this.

"Hey, babe!" he said, a little too cheery for my taste. Evayn pulled my chair closer to his and put his arm around my shoulders. I tried very, very hard not to cringe when he did.

"Ev..." I turned away when he moved in for a kiss.

Don't get me wrong. Kissing Evayn was like fucking magic, and that's coming from someone who lived magic.

He had the softest lips ever, and the most seductive tongue and just...oh lords. Of course though, the fact that his mother had been a Siren kind of dulled all of his seduction abilities considering that it was as natural to him as breathing.

And if it hadn't been for the whole marrying at fifteen thing, I really wouldn't have minded being this boy's thing of interest for a few more weeks. Ok, maybe I would have but that's being besides the point.

I needed to tell Evayn about the wedding and hope that he wasn't going to break into sobs midway through.

"Ili...?"he copied.

"We need to talk," I let my voice drop a decibel so that only he could hear it. His green eyes grew serious and he moved away.

With my head bowed and hands crossed on my lap, he must've sensed the 'this is serious shit' vibe I was trying to put off.

"I'm getting married."

Silence reigned between us for a second before he sucked in a breath and looked away.

It was only then that I remembered I had forgotten to bring my spell book to school.

How was I going to stop the waterworks now?

His reaction, however, stunned me.

"So we're breaking up?"

I blinked up at him.

"I guess?"

Evayn seemed to think about this for a few seconds, then shrugged.

He honest to God just downright shrugged.

"Ok then, I think. It was nice hanging with you." There wasn't even a shred of hurt, or pain, or heart broken into a million pieces in his voice. Pulling his tray closer to him, Evayn stood up and just left.

My mind was working way too slow to figure things out as they happened.

"Wha-? Wait, what?" I called out, shooting to my feet.

Evayn was already five feet away.

He turned and looked at me.

"I'll see you around."

Then he winked at me. What kind of guy does that to a girl he supposedly loved and adored?

I had broken up - it was I who had broken up with him, right?- with him and he was winking at me.

I was so confused.

"Oh, and remember to send me an invitation, yeah?"

That was Evayn again.

I had to keep my hands behind me to keep from throwing my sandwich at him.

"Sure."

He waved me a goodbye and was off.

I blinked a few more times then sat back down.

What just happened?
♠ ♠ ♠
I guess it's pretty obvious now that gobmeisters are cars, or vehicles for that matter and that one must never drink coffee at one AM if they so wished to be asleep before the sun rose. Thank you lord that I have a ONE PM class tomorrow. Le sigh.