Status: ??

Unbroken

The Reunion

"Sierra, could you come over here and help me with my hair?" A frustrated Arielle asked her best friend.

Sierra nodded and helped her distressed friend finish off her outfit for the night.

"You look gorgeous, Arielle. If Josh isn't there, he's missing out." Sierra gave her a small, encouraging smile.

"Aw, this is why I love you. And you look beautiful tonight by the way." Arielle walked over to her friend to give her a hug.

"Thank you, are you ready to go?" Sierra questioned Arielle, who looked like a nervous wreck.

Arielle suddenly had cold feet. "I don't know if I should do this..."

"Arielle, you haven't seen the boy who broke your heart for five years. It's time to man up and show him you're over him and that you've moved on." Sierra spoke enthusiastically.

She couldn’t take it anymore. Arielle broke down crying, memories flooding back to her. She missed everything about him. His curly brown hair, his kind chocolate colored eyes, his heart shaped lips that felt like velvet when they kissed, his comforting scent, how her hand fit perfectly with his, the way his protective arms wrapped around her waist, but most of all she missed his promises. The promise that she was his first love, his first kiss, the only one that he loved, but most of all he promised the he would never leave. That was the one promise he had ever broken, and it still haunts Arielle to this day.

She wondered to herself why he left her. Was it because she wasn’t pretty enough for him? Not smart enough? Too shy? Was it because he was cheating on her? Arielle quickly cleared her mind of that thought, she didn’t know what she would do if she found out he had cheated on her. Was it because she wasn’t good enough for him? He was perfect in every single way possible; Arielle could barely find any flaws about him. He was very secretive about some parts of his life. There were some secrets Arielle wanted to know, but it was better if she didn’t know. The other flaw was he wasn’t tied down easily; Arielle was his first real girlfriend. Maybe that’s why he left; he was getting bored of her. Arielle didn’t have enough time to think these thoughts through because it was soon time to go.

Sierra drove to their old high school; Arielle got out and gazed up at the building she knew all too well.

“I can’t believe how much it’s changed.” Arielle whispered in awe.

“Same goes for our old classmates,” Sierra said referring to the people walking through the double doors that led to the gym, “let’s go!”

Familiar faces and awkward meetings entered the gymnasium. It was still the same, except new bleachers and a couple coats of paint. The smell was still the same; sweat and gym socks.

“Arielle Hughes? Sierra Wallace? Is that you?” A familiar voice which made both girls cringe as they turned around.

It was Brittany Hamiliton. She hadn’t change a bit. Same hair, same piercing blue eyes, same orange skin. Same cocky smile and annoying high pitched voice. Maybe she had become nicer?

“I’m surprised that you showed up tonight, Arielle. I mean, wouldn’t you be ashamed that everybody here knows that your boyfriend left you?” Brittany smirked.

Arielle crossed her arms and rolled her arms. “Doesn’t Willy Wonka need you back at the factory? I heard they’re running low on oompa loompas.”

“Oh, Little Mermaid grew a backbone huh?” Brittany started walking closer to Arielle.

“I think now I just need a shark to bite you in the ass.” Arielle repeated Brittany’s action.

Sierra grabbed Arielle’s arm before anything could happen that they might regret. Suddenly, Sierra stopped in her tracks. She saw a familiar brown haired boy in the corner talking to one of their old classmates. Flashing that dashing smile, and checking his tie to see if he spilled any of his drink on himself. It was Adam, Josh’s brother. But there was no sign of Josh anywhere. Arielle followed his gaze and gasped. Without hesitation, Arielle started walking towards Adam, but Sierra stopped her.

“What the hell? Let me go Sierra I have to go talk to Adam.” Arielle whined trying to get out of her friend’s tight grip.

“Please don’t go over there.” Sierra begged.

“Why not?”

“I’m afraid if I talk to him again and if he sees me, all my feelings from high school will come rushing back again. I’m in a great relationship right now, I don’t want to screw it up.” Sierra told her.

“Sierra, you know how much I miss Josh. This is my chance to find out why he left me, I’m sorry.” Arielle freed herself from Sierra and walked over to Adam and tapped him on the back.

“Yes-“ He stared at the girl in front of him. “A- Arielle? What are you doing here?”

Arielle grinned; Adam was like a brother to her. Adam encompassed her in a hug.

“Where’s Josh?” Arielle asked, cutting to the point.

Adam became quiet all of a sudden. “Not here.”

“I know that, but where IS he?”

“I don’t really feel like talking about this right now.” Adam tried avoiding the subject.

“Adam, he was my boyfriend. He left me with no explanation and to this day I still can’t get over him. Now PLEASE tell me where he is.” Arielle pleaded.

“I’m not sure how you’re going to take it…” Adam started.

“Just tell me, I’m a big girl.” Arielle braced herself.

“H- he died.”

Arielle felt her heart break into a million pieces. She immediately broke down crying, images of him appearing in her mind. How could he be gone? It felt like just yesterday they were looking at the stars and talking about their future together. But now everything was gone, away with him in his grave.

“H- how?” Arielle demanded, tears still streaming down her face.

“Last year, he died in a car crash. I’m so sorry Arielle.” Adam tried hugging her again.

“No, no, just stop.” Arielle screamed at him, running out of the building in tears and with a broken heart.

Adam sighed and took out his phone to send a text message.

”You’ve just broken the girl you love into pieces, I hope you’re happy with yourself"
♠ ♠ ♠
OHMYGOSHHHH WHAT NEXT?!?

Stay tuned to find out(: