Status: ??

Unbroken

Hello Again

“Do you remember my trip to Las Vegas with a couple friends before my senior year was over?” Josh asked his brother as he sat down next to Adam on the couch.

“Yeah I remember, but what does that have to do with anything?” Adam turned to his brother, clearly confused to where this conversation was headed.

“Brittany and a few of her friends came along, you know, just as a last time thing before we all headed off to college.” Josh explained.

“I’m still not sure where this is going…”

“I’m getting there.” Josh said, annoyed with his brothers impatience. “Anyways, Brittany and I went got by with our fake IDs, had a couple of drinks, and became completely wasted.”

“You used fake IDs?!” Adam yelled, getting up from the couch.

“Not the point of this conversation.” Josh reminded Adam, calming Adam down as he sat back down. “While Brittany and I were drunk, we eloped and ended up in a hotel room. We slept together, and did a couple of other things that stay in Vegas. When I realized what we did after becoming sober, I wanted a divorce. But Brittany on the other hand wanted to stay married and start our lives together. Then my mind flashed back to Arielle and how much I screwed up this time. How much I would hurt her if she knew what really happened, she would hate me and never talk to me again. So I-“

“So you broke up with her before she could have the chance to break up with you and before you could explain what happened?” Adam finished his sentence, in complete and utter shock at what his brother had just told him.

“Pretty much.” Josh groaned, hitting his face against a pillow, repeatedly.

“Stop it.” Adam scolded, taking the pillow and throwing it across the living room. He put his head in his hands trying to take it all in. “So you went to Las Vegas, lied to Arielle about who was going on the trip, used fake IDs and consumed alcohol as a minor which are both illegal, got drunk, got married, and cheated on your girlfriend of four years all in one night? That must be a new world record, congrats.” He said with a bitter tone.

“I was eighteen, it was a childish move I realize that. But you know how much growing up I’ve done in the past few years. I’ve straightened up my act. I mean, look at me! I’m putting myself Law School right now; I’m making a name for myself.” Josh replied in defense.

“Joshua that still doesn’t erase every mistake you’ve ever made. Arielle forgave you for everything you’ve done to her. She forgave you for secretly throwing that party at her house while she and her family were away on vacation, she forgave you for cheating on her with Brittany, and she forgave you for driving under the influence and crashing into that pole that almost took her life. You messed up many times in your life, but this has got to be the lowest you’ve ever gone.”

Josh looked down, not knowing what to say next. He just wished that he could go back to that night and just stayed home with Arielle watching sappy movies and falling asleep in each other’s arms like they did ever Friday night. Instead he got wasted and made the biggest mistake of his life. It cost him his relationship, his girlfriend. The only person who ever made him happy. Whenever she was around, it lifted his spirits. He felt sparks whenever they kissed, and got butterflies whenever she looked at him. A love like theirs only comes around once in a lifetime. And he threw it all away for some bottle blonde whore who didn’t mean anything to him. But Arielle, she was his whole world. Her auburn hair, almost a beautiful fire red, her piercing crystal blue eyes that could see right through him. He couldn’t face her again, he just couldn’t.

“I guess I have to own up to my mistake and go tell her the truth?” Josh wondered.

“That’s the least you can do for all the crap you’ve put her through. How can you honestly call yourself a man? Your life is just built up by lies. Lie after lie after lie. It just doesn’t end with you, you never learn.” Adam looked at his brother, disgusted.

“I don’t need this from you right now. I could use a little bit of encouragement to finally tell the girl I love that I’ve been lying this time. Maybe she’ll be happy I was honest with her, and maybe she’ll take me back.” Josh’s spirits were lifted just enough to confront Arielle. “She’s the only person who’s ever really loved me or cared about me. Nothing you could ever do. I’ll see you later.” Josh grabbed his coat and car keys and drove to Arielle’s old address praying that she still lived there.

He walked up the steps and put his finger on the doorbell to ring it, but pulled it back for a second. Was he making a big mistake? Once she found out, would she want nothing to do with him? That was his biggest fear, being completely cut off from her. She was the reason he was still breathing today. Losing her would be like losing his breath. He would die inside. He finally gained the courage to ring the doorbell, remembering it was four in the morning and she was probably sleeping.

Arielle woke up in a flash, and looked over at the clock. 4:09 Who the hell would be at her door at four in the morning? She then noticed the note left by Sierra, and assumed that she locked herself out of the house. Arielle yawned, and walked lazily over to the door and opened it without thinking who could’ve been on the other side.

Josh’s eyes were bulging out of his socket. She looked good. These past few years have been done wonders for her. Her hair was in a bun, and her blue eyes looked oceanic with bags under her eyes. She was in a fuzzy pink robe with matching slippers. Even without makeup on, his mind could only come up with one word. Perfect.

“Arielle?” His voice cracking, not sounding as confident as he would’ve liked.

Arielle’s eyes widened to the size of saucers, her mouth following. She was dreaming. In a delusional, parallel universe. Her mind was playing tricks on her and she did not like it one bit. She pinched herself, over and over again. Only she didn’t wake up. She finally took a step back, and raised her arm. Her finger was shaking as she pointed at him. “Y- you’re supposed to be dead.”

Josh took a step into the house. He looked at the familiar surroundings and a million feelings and memories started flooding back to him. The kitchen where they almost burned the house down by leaving the cake in for too long, the television where they watched Arielle’s favorite movies no matter how much Josh hated romantic comedies, and the roof where they would talk for hours on end about absolutely nothing at all.

“Well, I’m not dead. It was all a lie.” Josh looked down, ashamed of his actions and what her reaction would be.

Arielle’s face dropped, her heart dropping to her stomach. She felt sick, but she needed to know more. “Why would you lie about that?”

Josh sighed. “You might want to take a seat, this is going to take awhile.”

“I’ve got all night.” Arielle looked directly at him; her eyes twinkled with a hint of curiosity.
♠ ♠ ♠
what you've all been waiting for. Arielle and Josh meet :D
STAY TUNED LOVELY SUBSCRIBERS I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!