Status: Not quite on Hiatus, but it might be a while... read the author's note.

Spinning.

It's Gonna Be A Good Time.

The time leading up to the tour was packed. Interviews, rehearsals, photo shoots for magazines, television appearances, performances, finalizing album artwork, signing special orders, filming a new music video-- having a day to myself was a rare commodity. I had talked to a couple of the guys a few times between when we hung out and when the album came out, but nothing too serious. I would make a point to hang out with Andrew and Kelly when I had time to do so-- Andrew was in the process of recording a new album, so sometimes I would join him in the studio and help lay down tracks-- I ended up singing on a couple of them, and we co-wrote a song together.

With the big break, Warner had decided I needed a band, and as we geared up to hit the road we became friends. To put it simply, my new bandmates were awesome. There were five guys, all really talented and all super chill. Ryan and Alex played guitar, Mason was a pianist, Ian was the drummer extraordinaire, and Dave was the bassist. Ryan and Alex were identical twins that acted like the Weasley twins, and the only way you could tell them apart was that Ryan wore glasses and Alex didn't. Mason was a giant hipster, but still lovable because he wasn't an asshole about loving underground music and fixed gear bicycles and PBR. On the flip side, Dave was the all-american guy, into his football and classic rock and roll. Ian was the nerd of the group, un-ironically enthusiastic about anything and everything. We were an interesting group, but it worked out well. I was glad that we got along and that it wasn't awkward, especially since I was going to be sharing the bus (and the stage) with them. They treated me like I was just one of them-- not on a pedestal, laughing with me when I did something stupid and routinely engaging in pranks and shenanigans whenever and wherever.

The week my album debuted, it reigned on itunes as the top seller. It went gold, selling 540,000 copies in the United States alone. That news alone was cause for celebration, but that had to be put on hold due to the intense amount of promotional work I was doing for the album. Between the album release and the tour kickoff I didn't really have time to go out and celebrate, so I settled for Ava and I getting late night ice cream in New York the night before the tour started.

The first night of the tour was a show in New York. First, it was totally sold out-- second, all of our shows were being recorded for a documentary about musicians that was focusing on musicians signed to Warner. It wasn't like a TV show recording, where you have a super specific set-up and you just do one little blurb and you're done; we were capturing everything, from the on-stage bloopers to the faces of the audience as they watched you perform. While those two things made it nerve-wracking, I was excited to be playing shows again and to get out of LA and away from the paparazzi and the gossip magazines and to just go out and have fun and do what I love. Everyone else had been given video cameras to record life on the road from their perspective, but I already had my camera so I just used that one. They also gave the roadies cameras, as well as hired a couple of camera men to just follow us around recording our adventures.

The show was absolutely wild-- we had people screaming along the words to my songs when the album had only been out for a week and a half-- plus the thrill of being back playing entire shows and not just a song or two magnified the entire experience. I joined the guys for part of their set, singing with John for a cover of Tom Petty's “Won't Back Down” and hung out for two hours after the show had ended just signing things and taking pictures with fans. After that, it was loading onto the bus to head off to the next city. Finally, we were on the road.

&&&


“So, one show down, how many more to go?”

John flopped into the chair next to me, staring at the stage. We had just arrived at the venue for the second night of the tour, and we were waiting for everyone to go to the bathroom before unloading.

“Um... a lot?” I laughed. “Why are you counting down? The fun's just getting started!”

“I don't know, it just seemed like a good conversation starter.” He laughed. “What did you guys do on the drive down?”

“The boys had a Super Smash Bros. Tournament. I wasn't allowed to play though, I always beat them.” I laughed. “So I watched and coached. It was still entertaining though. I'm always down for a round of rambunctious gaming.”

“Sounds interesting.”

“Yeah, we're obviously a wild bunch.” I chuckled.

“Are you really that good?” He smirked.

“Are you calling me a liar, O'Callaghan?” I raised my eyebrow suggestively at him. “I would be happy to prove it, especially if it meant that I got to kick your ass.”

“Alright, it's on!” He laughed. “You don't get a handicap because you're a girl or anything though.”

I puffed out my chest in protest. “I don't need your handicap, sir.

Hearing voices, Kennedy joined us where we were sitting, flopping back into a chair next to John with a thud.

“What are you two arguing about already?”

“John doesn't think I could totally kick his ass in Super Smash Bros.” I told him.

“What proof do I have that you could?” John taunted.

“I don't know John, Dave did mention how they stopped letting her play because no one else was winning.” Kennedy shrugged. “I mean, obviously the only way to settle this is to have a face-off between the two of you. And Beret, he may be good at Smash Bros. But I'm better. So when you beat him, we need to take each other on.” he winked.

“Hey! That's not fair! Who's side are you on?” John protested.

“Obviously not yours.” I smirked. “So when are we having this match?”

“How about after we get everything set up for tonight? We should have some down time then.” Kennedy shrugged.

“Deal. You both are on.” I stood up. “Anyways, it's probably time to unload everything, so I should go help out with that. “

“Five dollars says I kick your ass, Beret!” John yelled as I left the room.

“You're on, John!”

&&&


After setting up the stage and taking a shower, I was lounging in the front of the bus when Kennedy and Ian came on the bus.

“Beret, John demands your presence on the Maine's bus.” Ian informed me. “Something about Super Smash Bros?”

“Oh, John obviously wants to lose his five dollars.” Kennedy laughed at my serious comment.

“Wait, what?” Ian asked, confused by my comment.

“John bet Beret five dollars that he could beat her in Super Smash Bros. He's pretty good, but I'm better than he is.” Kennedy bragged.

“Um, I will be kicking your ass too, Brock. Just after I take care of O'Callaghan.” I chuckled. He obviously didn't know what he was going up against. I had grown up playing the original Super Smash Bros. with my brother, and every time a new one came out we would play until we had conquered the game. As a result I could even beat my brother when we went against each other.

“Right, I'll believe it when I see it.” Kennedy laughed.

“Alright, let's do this!” I stood up and grabbed some shoes, slipping them on before grabbing a jacket.

“Oh man, this I have to see.” Ian trailed behind, following us as we went over to the other bus. To my surprise, Alex, Dave, Ryan, and Mason were already on the bus, along with the rest of the Maine and Dirk.

“I hear someone's looking to lose five dollars,” I joked, making eye contact with John.

“Whatever, you're going to be broke by the end of this.” He smirked back, tossing me a controller.

“Alright O'Callaghan, pick your rules. Let's do this.” I told him, picking my character and color selection.

From the second the match started, everyone was cheering. Surprisingly, my band mates were cheering for John to beat me, while John's bandmates (plus Dirk) were all cheering for me to win. However, John didn't stand much of a chance, and a few minutes (plus some serious cursing on both of our parts) I was declared the winner.

“BAM!” I threw down the controller. “THAT'S HOW I ROLL!” John's bandmates cheered as I high fived them, grinning smugly to myself with satisfaction. John was blushing and grumbling about the match not being fair, to which his bandmates were laughing at him.

“Alright O'C, ready to part with that five dollars yet?”

“Double or nothing.” He said flatly. “I refuse to lose to you, I wasn't even playing with my best character.”

“Alright, your loss buddy.” I picked up the controller again. “Ten dollars after this round. Everyone else, start placing your bets.” I changed my character for grins and giggles, and once again we were off. John lasted a little longer this time, but not much, and soon enough I was tossing down the controller with a victory cry.

“Ten dollars O'C!” I laughed. “Told you it was your loss.”

John grumbled, pulling out his wallet. “Fine, fine. Who said you can call me 'O'C' anyways?”

“Dude, she just kicked your ass, I think she can call you whatever she wants.” Pat snickered, earning a glare from John.

“And I am now a whopping ten dollars richer.” I laughed. “That's my alcohol for the night!”

The guys laughed. John pouted.

“Aww, poor John. Maybe if you're really nice to me I'll share.” I baby-talked him, to which he couldn't help but crack a grin.

“Alright, who's next? Kennedy?” I raised the controller in his direction. John passed the controller to Kennedy, and two rounds later I had been declared undoubtedly the best player in the room.

“She didn't even use her best character on either of you,” Ryan laughed afterwards.

“Wait, you can do even better than that?” Garrett asked in disbelief.

“Well... yeah.” I chuckled. “But I don't normally flex that skill.”

“Wait we need to see this.” He concluded. “How can we see this in action?”

Soon enough, I had the game set up to fight against the maximum level of the highest level computers, and with my favorite character I dove in. The bus erupted with cheers as soon as the match started, while I was cursing as fast as I was smashing buttons on the controller, focusing intensely on the screen. It took longer than any of the earlier fights, but eventually I did manage to beat the computers.

“Well, after seeing that I realize that betting against you was probably not one of my smarter decisions.” John concluded, standing up to go grab a beer before the show.

“Yeah, I did tell you that though,” I replied, while moving to steal his spot.

“Hey, I was sitting there!” He frowned, jutting his lower lip out in protest.

“Get me one of those--” I pointed to the beer in his hand “--And maybe I'll move. If you're lucky.”

“Fine,” He whined, drawing out the “i” to emphasize his sentiment. He returned with a beer for me, and I stood up so he could sit there, returning to my earlier spot on the floor. The conversation continued in various strands throughout the group until Tim and Carolyn arrived on the bus.

“Ay! Doors are opening, we need you all backstage!” Tim shouted, grabbing a bag from his bunk. “So get your asses in there!”

Carolyn busted out laughing. “I was going to be nicer about it, but what he said-- get inside! And try not to be seen by too many people before the show, I know you all like to wander,” she pointed at the twins, who exchanged glances and shrugged while trying to keep straight faces. Knowing them, they'd find some sort of trouble to get themselves into.

Finishing the rest of my beer, I threw the bottle away before grabbing my jacket and heading inside. If this was any sign of what touring was going to be like, I couldn't say that I would have any complaints.
♠ ♠ ♠
AND THEY ARE OFFICIALLY ON TOUR! Which means lots of John and Beret time. Which means... whoops, that'd be a spoiler alert ;) Man I've had this typed up for a while now, but it took me forever to decide on what song they were going to cover together, which was finally resolved last night. Also, I have over 100 pages written for this. Granted, a lot of it is the later part of the story, but this is exciting for me.

What Beret's wearing!

Thank you to smell the sHaRpIeS!! (I think I typed that right, haha) for commenting! And hello new subscribers! You all should introduce your lovely selves. Predictions on what's going to happen? Something you want to see? Also, comments *may* bring faster updates. And by *may* I mean they totally will, haha.

I can't think of anything else to add at the moment. Anyways, hope you all are well! <3