Sequel: To Eternity
Status: Working on...

Savage Hearts

Regrets.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" Lila yelled.

"What it's funny."

"No it's not. It's gross, besides that's my underwear!" Lila groaned looking at her friend who was taking a picture of herself in the mirror.

"It's Valentine's day and I'm just trying to have fun, that's how Kaner and I's relationship works, it's just fun."

"Well can you have fun in your own underwear."

"I could, but this is way sexier than any of my underwear and Kaner will never find out its yours. What are you doing for Jonny?"

"Probably nothing. I mean I have nothing good to say to him and I'm not sending him a picture of myself because I'm classy."

"Whatever, but at least send him a text." Lindsey said as she put her clothes back on when she heard a knock on the door. She returned to the living room with a bouquet of flowers. "You better send him a text after this," She handed Lila the flowers.

"God, why does he have to be so perfect even when we're not talking!" Lila groaned but soon began to grin when reading the note,  "Listen to this, 'Lila, I know we may not be talking but just know I love you more than anything and miss you like crazy, I can't wait for you to be back in my arms. Love, Jon.' he is such a cheeseball."

"Oh come on that is so cute, he is the kind of boyfriend every girl on the planet wishes for, you are too cynical. Send him a text right now or better yet call him and have phone sex with him." Lindsey loudly yelled.

"I'll text him later, I have to come up with something good to say. I can't always let Jonathan show me up." Lila grinned and smelled the flowers.

~~~~~~~~

Jon woke up to the sound of a vibrating phone. His head was pounding and when he looked around, nothing looked familiar. Immediately he realized he was not at the hotel and he hopped out of the bed to find the source of the vibrating, which  he assumed belonged to his phone. Standing up he was thrown off kilter when he felt a breeze, looking down he was met with his own naked figure. He moved quicker to pull on his clothes, he was embarrassed about how sloppy he had gotten last night and the fact he couldn't remember what he had done. Considering his nude state, Jon assumed whatever he had done had not been something good. He found his phone buzzing constantly with messages from Patrick and other teammates asking him where he was. The last text was a picture from Lila; she had painted her face to look like warpaint and she had made a headpiece with flowers he had sent her, she blowing him a kiss. He wanted to smile at the words 'Love you and miss you happy v-day' but he felt the violent sickness of guilt. 

"That must be Lila." Jonathan turned around to see a petite brunette looking over his shoulder holding two mugs of coffee.

"Di-did we do anything last night?" Jon stuttered out and took a coffee mug before moving backwards to make some space between the two.

"Well we got here and you tok off all your clothes pretty quickly and then we made out a bit, but then you started talking about some Lila girl so. It sounded like she means a lot to you and seeing that picture I understand why. I stopped kissing you and let you pass out in here, I slept on the couch." She gave a small smile.

"Thank you, I'm so sorry I was so wasted yesterday and you seem nice, I never meant to lead you on."

"It's whatever, I can take you back to your hotel if you want." Jon simply nodded before following her out of the apartment.

~~~~~~~~
"Are you sure you don't want to make a silly face at her so she looks at you?" Abby Sharp asked as Lila tried to take pictures of Madelyn. 

"No I'm sure. Now if you want me to take pictures, you'll stop disrupting my creative process."

"Sorry. Thank you for doing this for me. I'm giving Patrick some pictures of his baby girl for part of a late Valentine's gift. We got some of us with her but none of just her."

"No problem Abby, I'm really happy you asked me. I haven't taken pictures in a while and I love taking pictures of babies. There's something so beautiful about how innocent and pure a baby is." Lila smiled as she snapped a picture of little Madelyn looking up towards her mother with a little smile.

"So are you going to move back in with Jon, thought everything through?"

"I think I just need a little more time, I mean he doesn't come home for a few more days but the day he comes home I'm going down south."

"You're leaving?"

"Well I wasn't going to, but my sister has her debutante  ball so I'm going to that in Georgia then going to Mardi Gras in New Orleans then back home. I really miss Jon and all and there's this hole in me because he's not mine right now and I've never felt that need to be so close to someone and I think if I conquer that fear of being too close that I'll get hurt, that we'll be fixed because I know I'm the one holding us back." She sighed.

"It's because you love him so much that you're scared. You've always thought of Jon as part of your life and now he is your life. That's what scares you is that you love him so much he's your everything and even though heartbreak scares you any of the pain is worth it as long as he's yours." Abby smiled. "This break is probably really good for your relationship because you really get to think about all the feelings that have been overwhelming you for years."

"Exactly! Lindsey keeps saying its just an excuse to push Jon away but this has been really good for me. I mean, I can't stop thinking about him but I haven't felt this alive either. I think I need some time to be free before I can go back. I don't know I just, I've been painting a lot because I haven't gotten this much inspiration in a long time. It's been really therapeutic to get everything out on canvas. It's like I'm purging all the bad thoughts and fears. I'm letting go of all the things that are holding me back." 

~~~~~~~~

"So I guess it's true what they say, the devil went down to Georgia."

"Shut up. I'm going to see Melissa become a debutante!"

"She's becoming a debutante? Oh my god she's so grown up! Let me go get my glitter you have to give her my deb sparkle."

"Fine whatever, hurry up though I'm going to be late."

"Also I heard a certain singing, guitar playing ex named Christopher will be in Atlanta and New Orleans playing. So don't let that asshole get in your panties."

"He may have some strange power over me but I probably won't see him and I won't be stupid enough to fuck up more shit."

"Good now don't you dare get too crazy in the big easy because when you get back you are getting back together with Jon. And if you don't come back I will go down south, hunt you down, kill you, then drag you home to marry Jonny."

"I'm coming home, not marrying Jon, see ya later bitch. Oh and say hi to our boyfriends for me." Lila grinned before running out the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
Predictions? Thought? Fears?

Loved your last comments I would love to hear more!