Sequel: To Eternity
Status: Working on...

Savage Hearts

Crash.

Jonny was in a car crash.

Lila's heart stopped as she read the text over and over praying her eyes were betraying her. This was the first thing she saw when she turned her phone on after her red eye to Chicago. It was 10 AM, she was hungover, and this was the last thing she wanted to see. Once the sickening news sunk in, Lila raced to the baggage claim. She was impatiently fidgeting as she waited for her bag to come. She quickly pulled her bag off the conveyor belt and bolted to the door. Lila hailed a cab; something she seldom did because she hated to spend money when she could take public transit but this was hopefully faster. The whole ride to the apartment building her foot sporadically bounced about, all her nerves were exploding within her. She had no idea if Jonathan was okay or even alive, no one had texted her any information. Jon wasn't even answering his phone. She prayed for the first time since high school and hoped that if there really was a higher her power he'd listen to her this one time and make sure the love of her life was okay. The cab pulled over and Lila threw all the cash she had at him before sprinting out. Adrenaline coursed through her body, she almost didn't want to waste time waiting for the elevator but knew she would never be able to sprint up all the flight of stairs with her bag. The elevator arrived and made the excruciatingly slow journey to her floor. Running down the hall Lila struggled to find the right key. Finally succeeding and unlocking the door she ran in the apartment and beelined to the bedroom. It was empty and the rest of the apartment looked deserted. Panic began to build inside Lila and she felt tears pouring from her eyes.

"Lila?" She snapped her head in the direction of the voice to see Jon's head poking over the couch.

"Oh my god Jon! I was so worried!" Lila flung herself into his arms and let out the remainder of her tears. "I got on the next flight as soon as I heard about the concussion. I'm so sorry. Are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine. The car is not but I'm fine."

"How about the concussion? Are you feeling better? She looked up at him though she still clung to him like her life depended on it.

"I'm still the same." He sighed.

"Is there anything I can do for you?" She finally pulled away.

"We can talk about what happened."

"Can we do that later I mean I just had a panic attack because I thought you died."

"Lila, if we don't talk about it now, you're going to avoid it forever." Lila let out a sigh of defeat knowing he was right.

"I'm really sorry how it all went down. I freaked out and I bolted and even though I said it was to think I was trying to make an excuse to get out. And then I couldn't stop thinking about you, I tried and it was impossible, I couldn't stop thinking about all the wonderful things you do for me even though I don't deserve them. I couldn't get the image of your hurt face right before I left. You were so crestfallen and that stuck. But I think absence truly makes the heart fonder because now I'm sure about us being together. I've never been this positive about anything in my life. I'm a terrible girlfriend and I'm sorry for all I've done and I can't promise I won't mess up again but I want to change for you. So I can feel like I deserve you. Being apart made me see how afraid I was to make ties and be committed and while we weren't together I just let it all go because I don't want to be alone and bitter. Love is scary but if I never take a chance I could push away until I lose you forever and if that happened I would never be truly happy again. I missed you so much and I'm sorry it's been so long but i think now that we took this time and this break, it should be better because I know that you're the only guy I'll ever need and you will always have my heart and now I'm willingly giving it to you." Tears poured from her eyes and she looked up at Jon and gave a weak smile. " I love you."

Jon grabbed her, mashing there lips together. He could taste the tears running down her cheeks but he could also feel a new love that Lila was returning. His heart swelled. He had never been happier in his life. Lila was his, forever and always. He hadn't truly realized how much he missed until he felt her lips again and with all the emotion, when they pulled a part they were both breathless.

"I'm sorry too. I was just frustrated and when Lindsey told me about New Orleans I freaked out. I felt so bad afterward. I almost hit you and I never want you to feel like you're in danger around me."

"It's fine. You were never trying to hit me you just needed a release, it was just too close to my face and it scared me. When I was in high school the only boy I ever really dated, called him boyfriend and everything. He hit me. One day he just went nuts and beat the shit out me. The look in your eyes that night was the same as his and that was the worst, but deep in my heart I knew you would never do that."

"I'm so sorry Lila, god I'm such an ass."

"You don't need to be sorry this is ultimately my fault."

"I do because I'm an asshole and I kissed another girl." He sighed trying to avoid eye contact.

"You did what? When was this?"

"On Valentine's day. You hadn't called or texted about the flowers yet and I went out with Pat, which was a stupid idea. Then I got wasted and I went home with a girl and we made out."

"Okay that's fine. I mean you just kissed a girl. I've done worse. You can kiss as many girls as you want Jon, that doesn't bother me too much. You didn't do anything else did you?"

"No! God no, nothing. But I did take off all my clothes." He rambled. Nervous about a calm before the storm.

"So she saw your penis? I don't like the idea that some other girl saw that. Actually I really don't like the idea that I didn't get to see it for a month and yet some other girl did get to see it." She smirked.

"Well if that is what makes you upset then maybe I should make it up to you." Jon gave her wicked grin as he began to kiss her again. Pushing her down onto the couch and hovering over her.

Lila moaned as Jon moved his lips to her neck biting near her collarbone. She moved her hips up in attempt to grind up against him but he moved away trying to prolong the torture. Lila then opted to grab onto the back of his neck , playing with the hair on the back of his neck and holding him onto her neck. Jonathan took in a deep breath, taking in the scent of his girlfriend, but all of sudden he felt dizzy and woozy. A shooting pain shot through his neck. He pryed himself from Lila's grip and sat up holding his head.

"Jon are you okay?" Lila quickly sat up rubbing Jon's back soothingly.

"No, I hate this. I have headaches and then today I can't even drive my own fucking car. I got in a one car accident, what kind of idiot does that when he's sober?"

"It's not your fault. The best you can do is try your hardest to get better and stay calm about it. Getting angry isn't going to help you. How about we just go to our room and go to sleep; I only got like two hours of sleep last night since I took that earlier flight to get back here. We can just snuggle and you can take a well deserved nap."

"Yeah you're right, that sounds nice." He gave a small smile and followed her to the bedroom.

He may be in the worst physical condition he had ever been in, but right now he'd never been happier.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have over 500 readers and almost 80 subscribers! Thank you guys so much it means the world.

But with that many people I should be getting more comments, so silent readers do me a favor.

Anyway hope you enjoy this chapter, tell me what you think about Lila coming home and what's going to happen.