Sequel: To Eternity
Status: Working on...

Savage Hearts

South.

“So where is your mom meeting us?” Jon asked as they gathered their bags in the Atlanta airport.

“Oh she’s not, she’s busy we have a driver coming, bleh I hate when I’m reminded how rich I am that I have a fucking driver picking me up. But I guess we’re going back to Tara so I should embrace my inner Scarlett.” Lila rolled her eyes as she walked towards a man with sign that said Miss. Carter.

“What’s Tara?”

“It’s a Gone With the Wind reference Jon, I make them all the time I’m from Jonesboro where that plantation is. You really need to see that movie sometime, it’s basically my life but not at all.” The two followed the man out of the airport and towards the white Lexus car parked outside.

“Jesus why is it so hot?” Jon said as the hot, humid air hit him as they walked outside.

“We’re in the South Jon. This is where old people come to die. And all my hopes, dreams, and happiness at that.” She said as they got into the back of the car.

“It can’t be that bad.” Jon rolled his eyes as he settled in the backseat next to Lila. “So this is when I learn how truly rich you are.”

“Yes, and when you learn why I hate going home and don’t get along well with my mother.” Lila said with dripping sarcasm.

The rest of the short half hour drive was full of Lila pointing out places from her childhood and adolescence. Despite Lila’s bitterness about Georgia, Jon could still tell by her small grin that she loved it here. They car began to slow as the drove down a road lined with trees. It slowly revealed a large house; one of those houses you see in the movies with the white columns. The car came to a stop and Lila thanked the driver as she got out and grabbed her bags. Jon quickly followed suit and followed her into the huge house.

“This is where you grew up?” Jon said in awe, looking around the large and spacious foyer with a full staircase taking up part of the room.

“No, this is my grandparents house. We lived in Atlanta when I was little, but when my mom left my dad we moved in with them, I mean the house is big enough, so this is where I lived in high school. But I spent a lot of my childhood summers here and in Savannah.”

“Wow. I still can’t believe only one family lives here.” Jon breathed out.

“Well get use to it I come from a life of luxury that you will have to give me for the rest of my life.” Lila rolled her eyes as she moved towards another room.

“Are my eyes playing tricks on me? Is that my grandbaby Lila Bird?” An elderly woman with gray blonde hair and dark eyes came out towards them. Her arms were spread wide as she enveloped Lila in a hug.

“Hi grandma, I missed you so much.” Lila gushed.

“You’re the one who hasn’t visited in a year, trying to hide that strapping younf man of yours, is this the young man who’s been a-courting you?”

“Yes grandma this is my gentlemen caller he’s come to give you a dowry offer for me.” Lila said holding her hand to her chest.

“You’re ridiculous, it’s nice to finally meet you shuga.” The old woman went over to Jon and hugged him tightly and kissed his cheek.

“Nice to meet you too, Mrs. Carter” Jon said catching Lila slap her face in his peripherals.

“Oh darlin’ I’m no Mrs. Carter that is the other grandmother, but just call me grandma or granny, whatever you please.” She smiled sweetly and Jon nodded.

“Is that granddaughter of ours and her husband here yet?” An older man walked into the foyer.

“Grandpa, I’m not married yet, you should know that because you haven’t paid for my wedding yet.”

“Still sharp as ever my dear.” The two hugged before Jon walked over to them.

“Nice to finally meet you sir.” Jon held out his hand and Lila’s grandpa took his hand.
“Nice handshake, call me Mr. Malone.” Jon nodded. “Now let’s get you settled in.” He gave a warm smile before Mrs. Malone began walking up the stairs. Lila grabbed her bag and followed him.

“Jon your room is here, and Lila you are in your old room, you know where that is.”

“Grandma…” Lila gave a warning tone.

‘Oh sweetie I know, you go share a room. I already know you’re not a pure virgin, breaks my heart but I accept that you’re not a good wholesome southern girl.” Jon let out an uncomfortable cough. “Besides, I want great-grandbabies soon and if you two are as far in your relationship as Melissa tells me, I just want to speed up that process.”

“Very funny granny. Where is my lil’ sister anyway and my mother at that.” She asked as she walked toward a room far down the hallway.

“That Teen or Junior Miss. America stuff, she has to get all her sponsor and sign up stuff, or something like that. I’m just in charge of her debutante stuff, so I have no idea what she’s doing, but they’re in Atlanta until tomorrow morning.”

“Oh yeah, I knew Junior Miss. Georgia was doing that. I’m so proud of her even if I find that pageant stuff bullshit.” Lila’s gradmother just shook her head and left Jon and Lila to settle into their room.

“Your sister is a pageant queen?”

“No, she just does like state and regional pageants and now a national one. I had the picture of her winning her crown on the fridge for like two or three months now, how have you not seen it?” Lila faux glared, flopping on her bed.

“I’ve been concussed.” He said lying down next to her and pulling her into his chest. “Do you always talk to your grandma like that?”

“Unless gramps is around, he doesn’t like to know I’m not a virgin,” Lila gave a weak smile.

“So this is where you spent your teenage years in this room?”

“Yeah, it hasn’t been redecorated, and if it makes you feel better, you are the first guy to spend the night here.”

“Really? Skanky Lila didn’t have tons of orgies here?”

“No, skanky Lila had orgies by the bayou or the creek or in Christopher Mardeen’s guest house. “ She gave a little smile before standing, “But enough about all the places my vagina has been in Georgia, let me show you the art gallery.”

“You have an art gallery in your house?”

“It’s similar to the hockey shrine to you in your parents’ house.” She smiled as they walked downstairs.

“Is that a dance studio?”

“It used to be an art room, I guess they change it, my sister is a really good dancer,” Lila peered into the room with a wall of mirrors and some bars but quickly walked to the next room.

“Whoa, you did all these painting and photos?” Jon said looking at the large room, there was a large wall in the middle making it look like a real gallery and the wall were filled.

“Not all of them but most of them, my grandparents secretly bought one piece from every one of my showings, although I should have known it was them because it was always under the name Mrs. Niekro.”

“Niekro?” Jon asked as he began to look around.

“He was a really good Atlanta Brave and it was an uncommon last name.”

“Why is there a picture of me on this wall.” Lila turned around to what Jon was talking, the large blown up photo of Jon standing by the cup, no Lila in sight.

“My mom is kind of obsessively in love with you, still excited to meet her?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I suck, this chapter sucks.

But in better news, you guys rock: 111 subscribers!