Sequel: To Eternity
Status: Working on...

Savage Hearts

Fear.

“So how was your day?” Jonathan asked handing Lila a shirt to put in his suitcase.

“Fine, I’ve been taking pictures for the newspaper’s annual best restaurants of Chicago, so I’ve been taking pictures of food and then getting free meals and there’s nothing wrong with that.” She placed the last shirt in his suitcase before zipping it up for him. “How was your day?”

“It was good. We had an easy practice then had some interviews.” He grabbed his bag dragging it into the living room.

“Oh yeah, I ran into Patrick at one of the restaurants, he said Joey the junior reporter was there, but as I know him as Joey, Jonathan’s illegitimate child.” She followed him sitting down on the couch.

“He’s not my son.” Jonathan said in an irritable tone.

“Fine whatever, he looks like you and acts all serious like you do. But if you don’t want to tell me that you fucked his mom and nine months later he popped out then that’s okay. Although he is super cute so I’d be okay with being his stepmom.”

“We’re not married you wouldn’t be anything to him if he was my son. Now would you shut up about it.” Jonathan said scowling as he sat down on her lap on the couch.

“Fine. Now get your fat ass off of me!” She said attempting to push her boyfriend off of her with no avail.

“You love my big ass.” He leaned down to kiss her forehead.

“Yeah I do. And I’m going to miss it when you leave.” Lila pouted.

“It’s only for twelve days. And you could always come to Winnipeg with me.”

“As tempting as being stuck in freezing cold Canada and being stuck in a house with your family sounds, I’ll pass. I should probably go see my family. It has been a while.”

“What’s wrong with being with my family?” Jonathan stood up looking down at his girlfriend incredulously.

“Nothing it’s just, I’m nervous about the day I have to meet your parents.” She looked up at Jonathan with big eyes. Her voice was soft like she was afraid Jonathan would hear her.

“You’ve met my parents before.” He sat down beside her, wrapping an arm around her.

“Yeah but for like ten seconds during all the commotion of you guys winning the Stanley Cup.” She mumbled twirling her golden hair in her fingers.

“Well whenever you meet them they’ll love you as much as I do. You have nothing to worry about and we’ll tackle that mountain when we get there.” He pulled her closer kissing her temple.

“You’re too nice to me, I don’t deserve you.” She gave a soft smile but Jonathan could swear he saw fear in eyes.

“Well then I can finally meet your family.” He gave a devilish grin as Lila buried her face in his neck.

“God what kind of man are you? Boyfriends shouldn’t want to meet their girlfriend’s parents. You’re such a girl.”

“I have nothing to worry about because I’m so lovable and I want to meet the people who gave me you.”

“Yup, you are the girl in this relationship.”

“Fine, let’s not talk about parents anymore, this is my last day at home. So when do you want to open Christmas presents?”

“When you get back. I hate early Christmas presents and I haven’t gotten yours yet.”

“How have you not gotten it? Christmas is like five days away.”

“Well for one I knew you’d be gone so I’ve been putting off the buying of your present and two I don’t have any money because I’ve been spending it all on food, prostitutes, and recreational drugs.” Jonathan raised an eyebrow at her. “Maybe I’ll just make you a coupon book. You know with all those dirty, couply things and I can draw the pictures because I’m good at drawing things.”

“Well whatever you get me I’m sure I’ll love it.” He pulled her closer to him until her legs were straddling his hips, hands resting on his shoulders.

“Don’t raise your expectations for me, you know I’m bound to disappoint you once again.” She rolled her eyes but notice Jonathan’s expression change for split second.

She knew she had hit a nerve. Jonathan just wanted a normal relationship and Lila never could be normal. She was constantly screwing things up; not showing up for dates, getting Jon in weird awkward situations, pushing all of his buttons, and of course preventing them from becoming a serious couple. She felt bad about breaking his heart when she said she wouldn’t move in. But in the end, Lila hated Jonathan more for putting her in that position; where she would have to commit. Secretly she was just afraid, afraid of the pain that could come. Looking into Jon’s eyes at that moment she ached. She had caused the pain hiding behind his dark orbs.

“What do you want to do for our last day together?” Jonathan snapped her out of her thoughts as his thumbs rubbed circles on her hips.

“I don’t know, we could just order a pizza and watch some TV and be lazy on the couch.”

“That sounds nice. I’ll go call the pizza place.” Jonathan got up from the couch and Lila spread out over the new empty space.

After the pizza was eaten Jon laid behind Lila on the couch as they watched the glowing screen. His arms rested protectively over her waist, making sure she stayed on the couch. Every once in a while kissing her hair and whispering that he loved her.

She turned around in his arms so she was facing him, their chests pressed up against each other. She kissed his nose and moved down to his jaw kissing it up and down before pressing her lips to his. Her tongue pushed through his lips exploring his mouth as her arms moved around his neck. When she broke off to catch her breath she whispered a quick I love you before pushing him flat on the couch and straddling him and attacking his lips once more.

In these moments she knew why she let Jonathan in. It was an intoxicating high that filled her from head to toe, warming her blood. He gave her something no one else could. And though she truly loved Jonathan as much as she could. She would always deny Jon complete possession over her, but she would give him illusion so she could take all that she wanted and needed and craved.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kind of filler but I wanted to show a bit of ther Jonathan/Lila dynamic.

Going to camp tomorrow because I'm a counselor so the update will be slower, sorry.

Comments and subscribers would mean the world to me! Also thank you to whoever already recommended my story that made my day!

Also Happy Draft Day!