Sequel: To Eternity
Status: Working on...

Savage Hearts

Sanguine.

“You’re home!” Lila turned on her back reaching her arms out to Jon who just walked into the bedroom.

“Are you feeling better?” He said pulling Lila into his embrace and falling on the bed next to her.

“I feel about the same, I’m just all achey and nauseous, and I don’t know why but I guess today is one of my better days.” She said with a small smile.

“Are you sure you’re fine? Should you see a doctor or something?” Jon asked, concern lacing his voice.

“I’m fine, it’s not like I’ve been throwing up or anything, just feeling under the weather. How were the NHLPA meetings? Am I going to have an unemployed boyfriend this fall?”

“The meetings seem to be going well, so I don’t think you have to worry about me being unemployed. But I should remind you, I have an unemployed girlfriend everyday.”

“If I was fully employed I couldn’t make you delicious food.”

“Delicious food? Are you feeling up to making some for me now, I’m starving.”

“Yes of course, chicken wings fine? I made some whiskey BBQ sauce while you were gone and put them on some wings I can just cook some.”

“Sounds delicious.” Jon kissed Lila. She stood up quickly, grabbing Jon’s shoulder to balance herself. “Whoa there babe, you okay?”

“Yeah, yeah just a little light headed that’s all.” She swatted Jon’s hands away before walking into the kitchen.

“Wow, these are amazing, you’re becoming quite the homemaker.” Jon smirked.

“All that time in Georgia inspired the inner cook in me, but don’t get any ideas I’m not going to become a Stepford wife.”

“I know not to keep my expectation high, do you mind if I go hang out with Sharpie and Kaner after this?”

“Yeah, but only if you spend the rest of the week with me before I loose you to all the fan girls at the Blackhawks Convention. I mean you are revealing those lovely locks to everyone and from then on I will have to share them.” She grinned before running her hands through his hair and giving him a quick peck.

~~~~~~~~

“So why do you need both our opinions?” Kaner asked.

“Because you have three sisters and Sharpie is actually married and mature.” Jon answered before looking in the display case.

“What exactly do you want us to help you with?” Sharpie asked.

“I just need to know if I’m buying a good ring for her, I mean I’m trying to make the biggest commitment I can with a girl who barely believes in love or serious relationships.”

“Well, I think you should get unique, something a little different like her.” Kaner said scanning the rows of rings.

“But also get something simple because she would be upset if you went too over the top” Sharpie added as they began to move around the store.

“You guys can’t tell Lindsey or Abby about this. We all know they’ll blab to her if they find out.” They both nodded.

“Hey Jonny, how about this one?” Kaner pointed to ring in the back of the case.

“I think that’s the one.” Jon grinned.

~~~~~~~~

“Morning babe.” Jon kissed her forehead as he placed the tray of breakfast in front of her girlfriend.

“Morning, is this for little ole me? You’re too sweet. This week has been perfect, I don’t want to lose you tomorrow.” She pouted for a second.

“I just thought you deserved some pampering and you can hang out with Lindsey all day for a week and we can hang out all night.” He leaned in and kissed her deeply. “I also thought we could watch Gone With The Wind.”

“My favorite! You will finally understand all those jokes Lindsey and I have.”

“Perfect.” Jon smiled before crawling back into the bed, Lila cuddling up to his side.

About four hours later Jon was falling asleep, trying his hardest not to drift into sleep. Or drool on Lila.

“Dear lord that movie was long.” He said as the credits began to roll.

“Frankly my dear, I don’t give a damn.” She laughed kissing his cheek. “Well I appreciate that you suffered through that movie for me.”

“No problem sweetie.”

“God we are so fucking disgusting, all close and cuddly. I kind of like it.” She smirked for a second before turning on her side and groaning.

“Babe, what’s wrong?”

“My stomach hurts and I’m kind of cramping, it’s nothing I’ll just take some Advil.” She shrugged with a grimace as she grabbed the bottle from the bedside table. “What are you wearing tomorrow? Let me judge your fashion sense.”

Jon got up and went into the closet and put on the clothes he was going to wear the next day. He came out wearing a pair of black pants and a navy blue dress shirt.

“Sweetie your ass looks great as always but that shirt is terrible. Try again.” Jon rolled his eyes and put on a white shirt instead.

“I approve although that shirt is a little tight, but you might as well give Chicago a little treat. But we will need to buy some better shirts because it looks like you are going to bust out of that one at any moment.”

“Thanks babe, I appreciate how judgmental you are.”

“Anytime honey.” She laughed.

~~~~~~~~

“Sweetie I’m home.” Jon called out as he wandered in the bedroom. Lila was sprawled out on the bed she looked pale and feverish. She was groaned in response to Jon, who came over and placed a hand on her forehead. “Li, you’re burning up, how are you feeling?”

“Like shit, I threw up a few times and I just feel like I got run over by a train.”

“I think you should see a doctor, you’ve been sick for almost two weeks now, I’m really worried.”

“I’ll go in tomorrow while you’re at the convention.”

“Good, is there anything I can do for you, make you something to eat, get you something to drink?”

“Maybe you could make some soup while I go take a shower, I feel disgusting and maybe that will make me feel better.” She rolled of the bed and shuffled to the bathroom as Jon got up and went to the kitchen.

He sighed as he began to make the soup on the stove. In all the time he had known and dated Lila she had never really gotten sick and the few times she had, she had powered through it and pretended it wasn’t a big deal. This Lila, the incapacitated Lila scared him. He felt helpless, unable to make her feel better. Hell, he didn’t even know what was wrong.

He was stirring the soup waiting for it to warm up when he heard Lila call out his name. He turned off the stove and walked back to the room, her yells got louder and more hysteric and he felt his blood run cold. He raced into the bathroom to see Lila in the shower sobbing, her body literally shaking as the water cascaded over her. Jon got closer only to see the blood circling the drain. He quickly grabbed Lila and pulled her out of the shower. He wrapped a towel around her as she continued to sob. As he turned off the shower once all the blood was washed away. Lila fell on the floor as she cried.

“Babe, do you know what’s wrong?”

“N-n-no I’m scared Jon.”

“I am too babe, but we are going to be fine. I’m going to take you into the bedroom and put on your clothes. Then we are going to the ER okay? I just need you to try and calm down and take deep breaths. Can you do that for me?” He asked and Lila pathetically nodded. Jon picked her up and set her on the bed.

He put on her clothes and picked her up again, carrying her to the car while whispering what he thought might be comforting into her hair. He put her in the seat and drove like a maniac to the hospital. He held her hand the whole way as shakes racked her body. Once he parked the car he practical ran into the emergency room, which was partially filled and thankfully not too busy. The nurse at the desk called for a wheelchair and asked Jon to sit Lila down.

“Do you know what the problem is sir?”

“She’s been sick for a week or so and today she threw up and then she was in the shower and there was all this blood and then she started shaking. I have no idea what’s wrong but that’s what happened.” Jon explained frantically.

“Well that’s a good start, we’ll take care of her don’t worry, we’ll figure out what’s wrong. We’re going to triage her.” An attendee began to wheel Lila back, but she reached out to Jon. He grabbed her hand and gave it a squeeze.

“You’re going to be fine, these people are going to take care of you. I love you and everything will work out.” Jon said trying to hold back tears, trying to be strong for Lila.

He sat in a waiting room chair for hours. He was exhausted but he was too jittery to even try and sleep. There was still no news about Lila, if she was okay. He looked up to see a flustered Lindsey come storming into the ER.

“What happened, is she okay?”

“I don’t know it all happened so fast and I’ve been here for hours and still know nothing. Why are you here?”

“I’m her emergency contact, anytime she gets into trouble I get called but normally it’s not something this serious. How long have you been here?”

“Almost three hours.”

“Jesus. Well go home.”

“What? I can’t I need to be here for her.”

“Jon you are exhausted, you’re not going to be helpful if you are a zombie. I will be here if anything happens and I will give you a call. If anything happens you will know within seconds. Now go home get some rest and go to the convention tomorrow, I got this under control. I’ve been keeping her safe long enough.”

Jon nodded and stood up to leave before pulling Lindsey into a tight hug.

“I’m scared Lindsey. What if I lose her?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's been a while hope you all had a wonderful holiday.

Comments? What do you think is wrong with Lila?