Sequel: To Eternity
Status: Working on...

Savage Hearts

Merry.

"Do you want to watch the game on tv tonight?" Lindsey asked over the phone.

"Uh yeah, okay," Lila replied distracted as Lindsey heard the rustling of plastic in the background.

"Are you even listening to me?"

"What?"

"Li, what are you doing?"

"Nothing."

"You're obviously doing something, you're very distracted."

"I have company over,"

"And you didn't invite me? We have all the same friends."

"I have some of the WAGs over."

"Hey, I'm officially a WAG and you forgot to invite me? I'm coming over."

"Stop, no I'm, uh."

"Ohhhhh, you have Molly over. I'll be there in 20 to babysit you and we can watch the game."

Lindsey walked into the unlocked apartment to see her friend scraping a knife across the kitchen counter, making several perfect lines of white powder as she talked on the phone.

"Jon, go take your nap, I'm not going to be the reason you lose the game... Get off the phone" She giggled into the phone, "okay when you get home then, good luck I love you." She smiled hanging up the phone.

"Aww you're so cute doing drugs behind your husband's back,"

"Haha you're hilarious, and need I remind you that he is just my boyfriend?"

"No but you've been together so long it's going to happen soon. You have talked about it right?"

"A little but not since like July, before all the drama happened."

"Ahhh." Lindsey said before setting down her stuff and walking into the kitchen and holding up the plastic bag, "Jesus you've done a lot of this, half of its gone in a few days."

"I went to the old stomping grounds and then went to a warehouse party with some of the old friends and split the bag, I want to get rid of it as soon as possible, I don't want Jon to find it by accident."

"Why didn't you just sell it to someone? Or better yet just give t away?"

"You don't know enough about drug addicts to realize you don't want to be someone in charge of supplying their fix. You do it once and then some of them think you're obligated to give them stuff all the time an I dot want to deal with that even if I'm friends with them."

"Fair enough. Where are you hiding it then?"

"Where we keep the flour, so he won't find it, but it would be better if it were just gone. Do you want any?"

"I'm good, once was enough for me and my ass. But you have your fun."

Lila picked up a bill sitting on the counter, rolling it up and snorting each line one after the other. She sniffled and pinched the bridge of her nose when she was done. Then smiled and inhaled deeply.

Once Lila began to get high the two girls sat at. It was entertaining for Lindsey to watch the girl becoming overly concentrated on a puzzle of Winnipeg, which Lila had given to Jon as a joke when she saw that he was featured in the picture. Soon she just started to laugh as she tried to put Jon's face together. Followed by the idea that lying on the floor, wiggling her feet in the air was far more entertaining than anything else.

Lila finally came all the way down and ordered some pizza from down the street. Once it arrived the two girls curled up on the couch and turned on the game. Right before puck drop Lindsey stood up and went to the door, rummaging around her bag to grab a jersey before sitting back on the couch.

"Patrick gave this for me to wear when I'm watching games, he says I don't have to wear at UC because he knows WAGs don't always do that, but he likes the thought."

"You mean he likes the thought of you not wearing anything underneath it."

"No- well probably a little bit like that, I'm just nervous. I haven't had much pressure in a relationship because I haven't been serious in awhile. I haven't had to live up to any expectations since like I was with Derek," she sighed.

"It's okay to be nervous but you don't have to be, all the girls and guys already like you. Besides your dating Kaner, everyone is just glad he's. with someone like you. You keep him in line."

"I'm still nervous, it's a lot different coming as a friend than coming as a girlfriend."

"How about we focus on getting through this game before we think about actually going to a game," Lila pulled her friend into her side kissing her temple and giving her a reassuring squeeze.

~~~~~~~~

"Li, I'm home," Jon called out as he walked into the apartment.

"Congratulations! You beat last year's Stanley Cup champions, and at their home opener, " Lila yelled as he ran to the front entrance and jumped into Jon's arm.

"Thank you, it feels pretty amazing," he grinned before kissing her deeply.

"I missed you, it's weird to not have you home all the time. My life is pretty empty without you," Lila said between kisses.

"I know I missed you too, but we're playing at home tomorrow, so I'm home and you get to see me play hockey, it's the best of both worlds," he said kissing her nose.

"I'm so excited! I can't wait to see you on the ice," she grinned, hopping up and down.

"It's going to be a good game," he paused kissing her again, not being able to get enough of her, "I got you tickets for by the penalty box on the glass if you don't mind."

"No, that should be fun, but what's with the change up because you normally like me up in the family suite."

"Lindsey called me and told me she was too nervous to be in the family suite this week, so she wanted to just get through the game as a girlfriend at first and asked if I could get you normal tickets so she wouldn't be alone."

"Aww that's sweet of you," she pecked him once more before returning to the couch, "sweetie can you grab me a beer?"

"Sure, why is there all this flour on the counter?" Jon asked as he opened two beers on the counter.

"Umm, I made cookies with Lindsey and we ate them all," she replied turning back to the tv.

"I see you also started that stupid Winnipeg puzzle," Jon smirked before sitting down on the couch putting the beers on the coffee table.

"Linds and I were very bored, we did a lot of stu- Oh go go go, yes!"

"You're watching football?" He laughed.

"Melissa was singing the national anthem at the game, since she's jr. Miss. America and from Atlanta. Then I just got into the game." She grabbed her beer and took a swig and cuddled into Jon's side.

"You're adorable," he chuckled, kissing her temple and wrapped an arm around her bringing her closer.

"You're pretty cute yourself," she pecked the corner of his mouth, "I got you something while you were away,"

"You got me something?"

"I went shopping and it was originally for me, but I think you'll enjoy it more." She smirked grabbing her beer and drinking some more.

"Then I think you should put the beer down and show me this gift," he looked at her expectantly.

Lila rolled her eyes, put down her beer, and turned off the television. She sat for a second like she was thinking about something, and then grabbed Jon's hand and pulled him to the bedroom.

She rummaged around a drawer before pulling out the red, black, and lacy bra and thong set. Jon's eyes nearly popped out of his head.

"I told you that you'd enjoy it more."

~~~~~~~~

Lila threw a shirt at Lindsey as they got ready for the game, Jon walked out of the bathroom tying his tie and looked to see his girlfriend wearing a pair of red skinny jeans and a white v-neck long sleeve and her frazzled best friend wearing a sweatshirt and surrounded by clothes.

"Aren't you guys getting ready a little early?"

"Jon, I'm really nervous about my first game as a girlfriend, you know that."

"And I want to see my sexy boyfriend strut down that red carpet." Lila winked and went to straighten his tie.

Jon went to grab his jacket and things on the dresser while Lila put on her dream catcher necklace in the mirror next to him.

"Li how does this look?" Lindsey called out causing Lila to turn around and see the red and black striped cardigan her friend was holding. Jon put on his jacket and kissed Lila's head before leaving the apartment.

"Yeah, that looks good. You can put your jersey in your purse and wear it at the game if you want. Most of the girls will be since its the home opener, but you want to look nicer if we go out afterward, especially when they win tonight."

"Okay good. Thanks a lot I just don't want to make a fool of myself."

"Kaner likes you and that's all that matters at this point," Lila smiled.

Once the girls were dressed they both zipped on pairs of black boots before Lindsey drove them to the UC. They went to will call, grabbed their tickets and went to watch the players walk in.

The two girls laughed as they screamed like fan girls at the boys they knew very well. Once the players arrived they bought some beers and headed to their seats. The teams skated out, Patrick and Jon both passed by giving the glass in front of the girls a little bump.

The game started and the energy in the arena was insane. Lila screamed so loud during the first period she was almost sure she would lose her voice tonight. She was so exhilarated by seeing Jon back on the ice. The first period went well with a few penalties by Blackhawks where Lila would send them a disappointed look and they would roll their eyes in response.

The second period started and the boys were playing great against St. Louis. Then Jon got a penalty for slashing or spearing Lila wasn't quite sure as she watched Jon get skated over to the penalty box looking a little pissed.

"Did he really just do something so stupid? And to Oshie?" Lila grumbled in Lindsey's direction.

Once Jon was seated, Lila banged on the glass and yelled a 'what the fuck' at him for getting a stupid penalty, that led to a power play against them. Jon shrugged, mouthed 'love you', and turned back to the game.

Lila turned back to the game as well for a minute. Turning back to make a face at Jon when the other team got close to scoring. When she looked back to Jon he had his gloves off as he pulled something out from under the bench. He turned towards Lila, sliding off the bench and onto one knee opening up a box revealing a ring and he mouthed the words 'will you marry me?' Or maybe said them but Lila couldn't hear over the crowd.

She stared for a bit, moving her hands over her mouth in surprise. The crowd around the box began to notice and awwed at their Captain on one knee in the box. Once Lila got over the initial shock, she nodded her head enthusiastically, yelling out yes even though she knew he couldn't hear her.

Jon smiled before glancing back at the game and realizing he was not only on the jumbotron, but also had about ten seconds left on his penalty. He quickly put the ring back, threw on his gloves and went back into the game.

Lila was in shock, she couldn't say anything, couldn't wipe the grin, couldn't even stop the tears from pooling in her eyes as they watched the seconds on the second period tick away.

The period ended and Lila, finally moved enough to sit down. Fans came by to congratulate her. She finally turned, leaning over to her friend and hugged her tightly.

"You knew the whole time didn't you?"

"You didn't actually think I was too nervous to sit by the girls? He wanted to do something crazy, something you never would have expected."

"Yeah no kidding. I'll be back, I think I'm going to vomit. Like holy shit, I'm engaged," Lila screeched, before running up the stairs.

While she was gone one of the Blackhawks trainers made his way to the penalty box, grabbing the ring box and taking it back to the locker room, placing it in Jon's stall. Jon smiled as all the guys yelled at him causing him to turn bright red as he tried to tell them to focus up on these last twenty minutes.

The last period felt like an eternity to Lila. She no longer cared about the game or that St. Louis scored two points, all she wanted was to see Jon. She jumped up and down out of nervousness and excitement, trying to focus on cheering. But as soon as the final horn went off Lila was out of her seat and up the stairs so quick Lindsey could barely keep up.

She navigated through the corridors as she made her way to the locker room. Lindsey was now close on her heels as they rounded the corner running into the WAGs who were coming down as well.

Dayna Seabrook was the first to walk over and hug her tightly congratulating her on the engagement. She smiled and hugged all the women who came up to her as well. Beyond the doors, the ladies began to hear the team come into the locker room.

A woman from the front office came out assumably to let the press in, only to make a bee line over to Lila and the wives, telling them all they were allowed in first today to celebrate the end of the lockout. They all looked confused but shrugged and followed her in.

Lila scurried over to Jon who was standing at his stall. Jon grabbed the ring box off the shelf and turned around.

"I didn't think I was going to propose twice tonight, but this time I'll give you the ring, Lila, I love you and I want to spend the rest of my life with you, tattoos, craziness, and all," he got back down on one knee and slipped the ring on her finger as the room erupted into cheers.

Jon stood up and Lila launched her body into his, wrapping her arms around his neck and kissing him with all the passion she could muster. When she pulled back tears began to stream down her face.

"Happy tears, right?" Jon asked grabbing her hands.

"I don't think I've ever been happier," she said with a shaky voice as she gave his hands a reassuring squeeze.
♠ ♠ ♠
They're finally engaged! Anyone expecting that?

An update from camp, each cabin is a different NHL team this week, and they alll compete in little games and such to be camp champions (the Stanley cup this week, which I made out of paper mâché and tin foil) anyways the cabin that is winnig so far is Lumbus is winning, which I'm still laughing about.

So comment and subscribe and thank you to you lovelies who already have.