Sequel: To Eternity
Status: Working on...

Savage Hearts

Engage.

Lila woke up, squinting her eyes at the bright light streaming into the bedroom. She had a slight headache throbbing behind her eye sockets. She blinked her eyes a few to adjust to the light in the room. She gave a small smile as her eyes began to focus and she saw herself snuggled up with Jonathan. Her head was on his naked chest with one arm hugging him, her hand on his shoulder. She gently ran her nails across his chest when a sparkle caught her eye. Sitting up quickly, she gawked at her left hand as memories from night before rushed back into her mind. She whispered holy shit under her breath. Then she hopped up on the bed and began jumping up and down around Jonathan.

“We’re engaged! We’re engaged! Oh my god you asked me to marry you! Oh my god I can’t believe it,” she screamed as Jon began to stir, sitting up and smirking at his girlfriend, who was wearing a just a baggy Hawks shirt that flew up with every jump she took.

He grabbed her ankle and pulled her down, she gave a little squeal before crawling up to Jonathan, wrapping her arms around his neck and kissing him deeply. She then rolled over and sat next to him, leaning her head on his shoulder, holding out her hand and truly examined the ring for the first time, or at least the first time she could remember.

“I know it’s a little flashy for you but I hope you like it,” Jonathan said kissing the top of her head.

“How could I not love it? It’s gorgeous and I got it from you,” she beamed at him, “how did you know rose gold was my favorite?”

“I didn’t, it was just something unique, I saw it and thought of you,”

“Well it’s absolutely perfect,” she went back to kissing Jon, he moved his had to cup her cheek, swiping his tongue across her before she pulled away like she had been electrocuted, “Oh my god, I have to call my mom,”

She shot out of bed and ran over to her cell phone on the dresser, quickly dialing her mom, “Mom guess what?... Yes how did you know?... Jon told you to watch the game?… oh he did?... thank you… oh my god mom it’s beautiful, it’s this beautiful rose gold band, encrusted with diamond and it kind of weaves together, and it has a gorgeous round cut diamond, it’s just perfect, I’ll send you a picture… yeah thank you, tell grandma I’ll call her back later… love you too.” Lila hung up the phone and turned to Jon, “You asked my parents permission to marry me?”

“Yeah, it’s the right thing to do, I asked a while back when I met your dad,” Lila smiled at the answer, tears brimming her eyes.

“That just warms my little southern heart,” she laughed before hugging him again.

“Well enough of this mushy shit, there is a family skate today for the team, if you’re up to going you can come with me, otherwise I will have to leave my new fiancée here since Captain duties call,” Jon laughed.

“Oh I would love to come, I can show off my ring again and remember it this time.”

~~~~~~~~

Jon leaned against the boards talking to Sharpie as they watched the team and their families skate around the rink.

“I’m surprised she came today after the pcitures I saw from last night.”

“I know she woke up and was barely hungover, she just told me she didn’t really remember anything after I proposed.”

“She’s always been a keeper,” Sharpie laughed, “and you may want to watch her before the Man-child steals her away.”

Jonathan looked over to see his fiancée skating next to Brandon Saad, arms linked as she laughed at whatever he said before reaching up and ruffling his hair.

"She's treating him like she treats her little sister, she's probably mothering him as we speak," Jon laughed as Lila kissed his cheek and skated off to play with one of Jamal Mayers daughters.

An hour later Lila had completed her rounds, showing of her ring to anyone who would look. She made her way over to Jon, grabbing his hand and pulling him with her for one last lap.

"Remember when you couldn't even skate?" Jon bumped his hip into her side.

"I'm from the south we don't have ice unless it's in a drink, but look at me now I'm like the only WAG skating," she pointed to the stands where many of the women were sitting and chatting.

"Yeah, it's weird normally the family skate includes more, you know, family," Jon added as they stepped off the ice to remove their skates.

"I bet you anything like half of them are pregnant. I mean the lockout just ended, what do you think they were doing the whole time?" Jon chuckled and rolled his eyes.

The two then said good bye which was returned by many congratulations an see you tomorrows. Lila leaned over in the car and laced their fingers together, Jon smiled to himself as he felt the cold brush of her engagement ring on his hand.

"You and Saad looked like you were having fun out there,"

"We were, he is just so cute. I was so excited when I heard he made the team's lineup. I told him he could come over whenever he wanted dinner,"

"Lila, he's an adult I think he's fine,"

"No Jon, he's a 20-year-old who lives by himself in a new city, I'm sure he gets lonely and wants a home cooked meal. But don't worry he won't be over much because Abby beat me to inviting him over," Lila pouted at the last part.

"Well it's nice of you to be watching out for our little rookies," Jon joked pinching her cheek.

"Well good because he's coming over tonight,"

"I thought we could spend a romantic night together before I leave on another road trip."

"We're engaged, we have the rest of our lives to be romantic," Lila grinned an patted Jon's cheek before getting out of the car and walking towards the apartment building.

Once inside the doorman told the couple there was a package waiting for them, bringing out a large box and handing it to Jon, who was surprised at it’s weight. He carried it up to the apartment, setting it on the kitchen table and reading that it was from Lila’s mom. Lila quickly cut the box open, which popped open with pieces of fabric exploding from the opening.

“Oh dear lord, she express shipped me the wedding box,” Lila said with wide eyes.

“What’s the wedding box?”

“Before I gave up on the idea of love and the institution of marriage- don’t worry I believe in it again- my mom planned out three different version of the perfect wedding for me and stored them all for my future planning.”

“So you’re saying in this box contains three options we could just choose from and be done with all that wedding stuff?”

“Yeah if you like lots tulle, poofy dresses, and me vomiting everywhere.”

“They can’t be that bad.”

“You’ve never been to a real Southern wedding, it gets worse than that, I mean do you want our wedding colors to be daisy yellow and cream, which is a boring color. Or better yet, grapefruit pink and orange. So cute.”

“Well even if you don’t follow it exactly it was nice of your mom, it should make it easier too.”

“I guess that’s true, and worse comes to worse she at least let’s me know what not to have.” Jon rolled his eyes before picking up the box and moving it into their bedroom where Lila wouldn’t be able to avoid the wedding planning.

A few hours later, and a few heated make out sessions to keep Jonny from pouting, Lila was in the kitchen whipping up dinner. Once she finished sautéing some green beans, she heard a knock on the door. Looking up she saw Jon walk back from the door with Brandon following behind.

“I was going to bring something for dessert but I was worried Captain would be upset with that being in my diet so I came early to see if you wanted any help,” he smiled shyly.

“Well aren’t you just the cutest thing! Thank you but I’m good hon, just go sit with Jon,”

“Is she normally like this, I mean I don’t really know her but from what I’ve heard…” Brandon trailed off as he sat on the couch.

“Yeah, I think the engagement has gone to her head and made her all Southern style housewife or something, I mean just last night she was classic drunk Lila, so I’m just as confused as you are,” Jon chuckled.

“Okay, she just came up to me and told me she was so glad I was on the team again and couldn’t wait to watch me grow up this season.”

“She has this new infatuation with you being our little rookie, I don’t know I think she’s looking for something to occupy her time and you fit the bill.”

“Dinner’s ready,” Lila called out setting a plate of chicken parmesan in front of each man.

“Thanks for having me over this looks delicious, I haven’t had a home cooked meal since I got called up, I haven’t had time to make it out to the Sharp’s since they don’t live in the city,” Brandon said digging in, while Jon laughed at Lila’s little fist pump she did once she learned she had beat Abby.

“So Brandon, any ladies in your life?”

“Lila, you can’t just ask that. He’s been here for like two weeks now.”

“Just because I found the love of my life doesn’t mean, I can’t help people find theirs.”

“Um- well, not really, I mean, I’ve been focusing on hockey and stuff, so not much time for other things.”

“Well if you ever need help you can always come to me,” Lila grinned.

The rest of dinner went well, Jon tried to stop Lila from giving Brandon the third degree, but kind of enjoyed getting to know the rookie. Soon Brandon thanked them again for dinner and began to make his trek back to his place. Lila gave him a hug before he left, to which he awkwardly blushed before hugging back.

“That went so well, I think I love him, can we adopt him so he stays here forever,” Lila said wrapping her warms around Jon’s torso.

“He’s an adult.”

“So it would be like having a cute little puppy here, who’s housetrained and will bring lady friends over.”

“We definitely don’t need that, I already have a hard enough time with you,” Jon gave her a peck on the lips, “besides if he were here, we wouldn’t be able to do this whenever or wherever we wanted,” Jon smirked picking Lila up and carrying her to the bedroom.
♠ ♠ ♠
Fluffy filler, but whatevs I love it. Also here's the ring

Also I've been thinking about this for a while and would like some reader feedback. I have several paths this story could go down, but I've become rather obsessed with the idea of a full transformation of Lila that comes with her getting pregnant. Now I want to know if my readers would prefer I continue to write this story through that whole transformation, or would prefer I make a sequel about that, or you think fuck Lila she doesn't deserve Jon's babies and I wouldn't read that if someone forced me to.

Thanks for all the love and can't wait to hear more (or hate I'm fine with that too)