Sequel: To Eternity
Status: Working on...

Savage Hearts

Whirlwind.

Lila shifted back and forth nervously. The game had just gone into ovetime and the Hawks chances of moving on were in jeopardy. After the disavowed goal all the wives and girlfriends were on edge in the suite. All the hard work of the season would be in vain if they didn’t win. The crazy comeback in this series would mean nothing but a few fierce games.

The United Center was erupting with noise as the beginning of OT began. All the women and families bit their lips and crossed their fingers. Three minutes in Brent Seabrook saved the day. Scoring the winning goal of the game and the series. The Blackhawks were moving on and the arena was exploding with noise as everyone stood and jumped around.

The women all went downstairs to meet up with their significant others. Too excited to wait for them to be done with interviews. Lila stood around and talked to the other women as she waited for Jon. Fawning over the newest addition to the Keith family, who wasn’t even a month old.

Players began to filter out of the locker room embracing their loved ones; everyone could feel the emotion in the air.

“Ugh where is Duncan I need to pee,” Kelly Rae graoned as she rocker her baby back and forth.

“I can hold Colton and you leave, I’ll hand him off if Duncan comes out,” Lila replied before having the tiny person put in her arms.

She cooed and gently tickled the little baby before Jonathan came out and kissed her on the lips, pouring out all the excitement that was causing him to practically buzz.

“Amazing game, babe. I’m so proud of you!” Lila smiled.

“Thanks, you ready to celebrate tonight,”

“Mmmhmm, I can’t wait, but hopefully one the Keith’s takes this baby I want to leave before more people want to interview you again.”

Jonathan chuckled and gave Colton a little tickle and he squirmed in Lila’s arms causing the couple to laugh.

“Whoa there little guy, you’re not going to be too happy if you get in there,” Lila laughed as she moved his hand away from tugging down her shirt, “I know you’re hungry but you’ll have to wait.”

Just as the baby went back to trying to get into Lila’s shirt Duncan came back, immediately spotting his son.

“There’s my little one, hope you’re not trying to join the Toews family,” Duncan took the baby into his arms.

“It’s a tempting offer but once he realizes I can’t really feed him he would miss you guys,” Lila laughed.

As soon as the baby was out of Lila’s arms, Jon grabbed her hand and pulled her to his car. Once inside, Jon pulled Lila into a searing kiss that soon turned into a passionate make out session.

“Whoa there pal, we should get some food in you before we start celebrating like that,” Lila laughed as she put a hand on Jon’s shoulder holding him.

“Sorry, I’m just so… I’m having a lot of emotions and I want to share them with you.”

“Don’t be sorry, I’m so proud of you and I know your going to kick ass in the next series. I’m just worried you’ll short circuit before we can go get trashed.” She put a hand on Jon’s cheek as he rolled his eyes.

~~~~~~~~

The couple arrived back home in the wee hours of the morning. Both were stumbling, neither was flat out drunk but they were past tipsy. Jon went into the kitchen to get them each a glass of water, making a racket as he went through the kitchen.

Lila sat on the couch looking through her phone. She scrolled through about 50 texts she had sent to Lindsey in the past week with no reply. Earlier that evening in an alcohol induce stupor she called Lindsey to invite her out to celebrate. Lindsey didn’t answer, probably because it was late and on a school night. But Lila was beginning to take it a little personally. Lila had tried to think of some maid of honor duties to coax her friend into hanging out but all her ideas seemed to fake to be convincing. This had been the longest she had gone without talking to her best friend since she was six years old and it looked like it was going to last more than a month. Before Lila could stop herself, she began to cry, big ugly tears. She tossed her phone on the couch and bawled.

“Baby? What’s wrong? Are you feeling sick?”

“Why doesn’t she want to be my friend?” She sobbed.

“Lindsey?”

“It’s been a month and she hasn’t talked to me and I wanted to party with her tonight because I’m so happy for you and I want to share that with her. I want to share everything with her but Kaner and that baby and her- her- it ruined everything.”

“Shh shh shh, honey it’s not your fault,” Jon put an arm around her and she buried her face in his chest and sobbed.

“Then why do I feel like it is?” She looked up and met his eyes.

“Because you introduce her to the world she got lost in, you started spending a lot of time with me and she was losing you and she joined in to stay close and got overwhelmed.

“Why wouldn’t she talk to me about that?”

“If you saw your best friend happier than ever before, would you want to get in the way?” Lila nodded but began to sob again. And Jon wiped away her tears.

“Linds will come around, I know it. But is there something I can do to make you feel better now?” Lila sniffled trying to think, the last of her tears falling.

“Well I have been curious about this beard of yours,” Lila placed a hand on the growing scruff, alcohol taking over again.

“Curious?”

“About what it might feel like between my legs,” she gave a sly grin and Jon let out an awkward laugh, “I know I don’t normally want that but—“ Jon cut her off with a sloppy kiss, pushing her down on the couch.

~~~~~~~~

The weeks went by in a blur of wind and losses and fierce competiton. Lila dropped everything to watch the games, even traveling with some WAGs to cheer in the away arena. The Hawks practically breezed by the Kings and if winning hadn’t been enough, Lindsey began to text back, telling Lila that if the boys won she would be there, if they loss she’d be there too. She was happy to be at least on a texting basis with her best friend again.

Lila was on cloud nine almost oblivious to he stress Jon was putting on himself. But somehow her exuding extreme amounts of happiness seemed to rub off on Jon and he didn’t bring his anxieties home with him.

Soon enough Lila was on a chartered plane, sitting next to Andree and on her way to game 6 in Boston. The families got in a night early and she had dinner with Jon and his family and then passed out in her hotel room.

Lila woke up late the next morning and found three texts on her phone. The first from Jon telling her he loved her and was happy she came. The next from his mother telling her that she hadn’t answered her phone so they let her sleep and the Toews family was already out and about. The last was from Abby saying that everyone else had already gotten up and left her and she wanted to know if Lila was in the same boat and wanted to hang out with her and Madelyn.

Lila got dressed in a Red Sox shirt and made her way to Abby’s room. When Abby opened the door she looked ill. The color was drained form her face and her normally perfect hair was matted on her forehead.

“And morning sickness rears its ugly head.” Lila said letting herself in.

“Shut up,” she groaned in response.

“But you’re not denying it, so baby Sharp #2 is on its way?”

“And baby Sharp #1 is stir crazy and driving me nuts.”

“How about you rest up for tonight and I take Mads?”

“You don’t have to do that,”

“Don’t worry about it, you need to rest up for the big game and Boston is my old stomping grounds, I’ll show your girl a good time.”

"Okay, thank you. Hey Maddie? You want to go out with Lila while mommy sleeps?" The little girl pondered for a bit before letting out a happy squeal.

Lila held hands with the young girl as they got breakfast at the Dunkin Donuts down the street. Then they were off for a quick walk through the public gardens and Commons where Madelyn squealed at the swan boats and the male way for duckling statues.

"So where do you want to go next we can go see the most historic baseball stadium in America or we can go look at fishes and penguins at the aquarium..."

Madelyn looked at her with a blank expression.

"You don't know what I'm saying. How about we go get some gelato in the North End? Ice cream,"

Madelyn nodded her head quickly.

They made their way across town and Lila quietly pointed out the TD Garden, telling the little girl that's where her daddy would be playing tonight.

The pair met up with Andree, then stuffed their faces with gelato from Lila's favorite place from her childhood. Lila felt like she was going to explode as she leaned back and put a hand on her stomach.

"Baby?" Madelyn asked putting her hand on Lila's stomach.

"No, sweetie just food I'm not having a baby like your mom," Lila laughed, "are you excited to be a big sister?"

"No, don't want baby."

"Aww but being a big sister is a lot of fun. You get someone to play with and teach things. You get to tickle them," Lila reached over and pinched her sides and she squirmed away.

They next went to the aquarium, which caused Madelyn to run around going from tank to tank babbling on and giggling at seals, penguins, and fish. But she quickly ran out of gas and the two women took her home for a nap before the game.

"You're so good with her," Andree said as Lila carried the little girl back to the hotel.

"Nah, she's just easy."

"No, you've got a mother's instinct. I can see it in the way you take care of her and she's not even yours."

"Oh. Thanks." Lila smiled.

"I'm just happy to see this side of you. I want to be a grandparent soon. No pressure." She laughed.

"It may happen sooner than you think, all the other girlfriends and wives having kids really gives me baby fever." Andree laughed but had a twinkle of excitement in her eye.

~~~~~~~~

Lila shifted uneasily in her seat during the second period. The team was down one pony but she was more worried about Jon's injury he got from the last game. She knew unless it was impossible Jon would play in a potential deciding game, which did not help soothe her. He seemed fairly fine when she saw him earlier but every time he got bumped she was horrified about what might happen, if he might get concussed again.

He erased any fears when flew down the ice and scored the goal to tie them up. Lila flew up and jumped up and down with his family as the Cup came within reach.

One period later and the Hawks were down as the third period was coming to an end. Everyone in the family suite sat on their edge of their seats. Hoping for a goal to go into OT but mentally preparing for game 7. Then the impossible happened.

With less than two minutes left in the period, Bickell scored the tying goal. OT was inevitable. 17 seconds later Bolland scored again. The suite exploded with screams Julia Bolland fell down she was so shocked.

A minute later and the Cup was theirs. They were champions.

The cup presentation was a blur. Lila cried when Jon lifted the cup and made his lap around the ice. She cried more when she finally got to hug and kiss him on the ice. Jon made fun of her but she couldn't help the overflowing of emotion. She was too proud and way too happy.

They flew back to Chicago where Lila and some of the other significant others met up with their already half drunk men.

"You look like you need a drink." Jon yelled handing Lila a bottle of champagne he was carrying around.

"You look like you took a bath in yours," Lila laughed, taking a drink from the bottle, "gross backwash."

Jon grinned before going back to his party. Lila laughed at how much he cut loose. She loved this carefree Jon, even if it was a little ridiculous and very out of character. She liked the his rare appearances, but with how he looked dancing and singing, she was glad she had her semi-serious Jon most of the time.

Lila got a drink out of the cup, then cut herself off in order to be coherent enough to help Jon home. She sat off to the side with a grin when she felt her a tap on the shoulder.

"Of all the gin joints in the world?" A grinning Lindsey double fisting beer smiled.

Lila jumped up and into her best friend's arms. Her emotional dam broke once more and she teared up again for the third time that night.

“I missed you so much!”

“It’s only been two months.”

“The two longest months of my life.”

“Jon kept you busy,” Lindsey rolled her eyes.

“And drove me crazy.”

“Sorry life got crazy, teenagers go nuts around the end of the year. But I’m here now.”

“Yeah for the free booze.”

“That’s just a bonus, I’m here to celebrate your fiancé.”

“Lindseyyyyyy,” the two were interrupted by a very drunk Jon wrapping an arm around Lindsey.

“Jonny! Congrats you deserve this.”

“Thanks, I’m glad you came, she’s needed you,” he grinned before kissing Lila again and heading over to where Bickell and Kaner were opening new bottles of champagne.

“Is it gross that this whole time I’ve been super turned on by that mullet? Like I want to run my hands through it while I fuck him.” Lindsey nods to Patrick standing on the bar.

“Yeah, that’s disgusting,” Lila made a face.

“Would post-breakup sex be a bad idea? I mean I came for you.”

“It’s probably a terrible idea, but you’ll both be to drunk to remember so I say what the hell, go get your mullet sex on,” Lila laughed as she looked over to see Patrick staring at Lindsey.

Around 9 in the morning the party was winding down, they were at their third or fourth bar and Lila was sober and exhausted. Lindsey had left a while ago with Patrick and sober Lila was hoping that wouldn’t cause any more drama. But she had more pressing issues, like getting her wasted fiancé home.

After taking a cab home, she forced Jon to drink a bottle of water and helped him out of his clothes before the couple passed out in the bed for some must needed rest. Lila woke up a few hours later feeling more rested looked over to see Jon sleeping soundly.

All of a sudden Lila realizes she doesn’t need to go to these crazy parties, get wasted, get laid, and come home late every night. She could still have fun, but she wanted to wake up next to Jon in the end.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it has taken so long! I hope there aren't too many typos I really just wanted to get this out.

I'm moving this along a little faster from now on because let's all be honest we all want Lila to see Lila get pregnant.

Comments are strongly encouraged and are great motivation!