Sequel: To Eternity
Status: Working on...

Savage Hearts

Favorites.

“So this is where you’ve been all day,” Jon walked into the studio.

Lila was in a sleeping bag on top of an air mattress. A small tv was on in front of her. The studio was different, the canvases and art supply was pushed aside and a board full of color swatches, flower arrangements and dress designs took up center stage.

“I’ve been hiding from the constant party for a bit. Just watching about 10 hours of Say Yes to the Dress,” Lila flopped about and to face them.

“Are you at least packed for our trip we leave tonight and the party is tomorrow,”

“Yeah I’m packed, I just don’t want to go.”

“C’mon, do you have to that every time we talk about going to Georgia? Your family is throwing us an engagement party.”

“Oh bleh, I’d rather just overwhelm myself with wedding plans.”

“The sooner you see Lindsey and find out what happened with her and Kaner,” Jon trailed off trying to pique her interest.

“Can’t you just tell me what you know?”

“I already told you, he didn’t tell me anything. I don’t think he remembers.”

“Ugh, fine take me home, have your way with me, then let’s fly on a plane to Georgia.”

“You make it sound so fun,” Jon rolled his eyes, “oh yeah and I wanted to say that I want another groomsmen. My friend Dan from back home,” he said as they walked to his car.

“Oh god, does that mean I have to ask someone else.”

“If that’s too hard I don’t have to, do you not have someone.”

“Oh no, this is your wedding too and if you want him in the wedding then he will be, I will just, wait until we get to Georgia.”

A few hours later they were waiting outside the airport for Lindsey to pull her car around.

“No chauffeur this time?” Jon joked as Lindsey pulled up in a cherry red Rolls Royce.

“Hey sorry I’m late daddy was taking my car so I had to go to the storage garage and grab this junker.”

“I always thought I had a lot of money but you rich girls make it seem like nothing.”

“Yeah, because it’s chump change compared to my yearly allowance.” Lindsey winked as she peeled off towards the freeway.

“So what happened with you and Kaner, you escaped from Illinois so quick I would have thought you murdered him.”

“Nothing. Don’t worry about it hon.”

“God you’re the worst.”

“Just drop it Lila, it’s not your business.”

“It’s my best friend so it is my business.”

“Let’s change the subject, so Jonny this will be the first time you’re meeting Mamere and Grandpa Carter right?”

“Yeah, should I be worried.”

“Not of Grandpa but you’re in for a treat with Mamere, she’s a New Orleans natives and just something else. But sweet talk her with some French and you’re in.”

“Jonny tells me he wants another groomsmen…” Lila simply threw into the conversational mix.

“Oh god, so you have to ask her?”

“Do you know if she’s coming even?”

“Yes and she will kill you for so many reasons. Jon you’re in for a real treat I’m sure you haven’t heard much about her, but Mara is going to be in the wedding.”

“Like the Mara, New Orleans and Boston Mara?” Jon asked.

“Oh so you have heard about Lila’s big fat lesbian summer?”

“When I thought I was going to break up with him, I offered to have a three way with him and the girl of his choice, I ended up popping some acid and throwing up instead,” Lila laughed.

“Well she’s going to start a shit show because she told me she didn’t even know that you were dating someone let alone engaged, to a Blackhawk, who defeated her beloved Bruins.”

~~~~~~~~

After a morning of making sure everything was in order, Jon and Lila got dressed for their engagement party, happening in the backyard of Lila’s house. Jon smiled as he saw Lila wearing a flowy floral dress with a heart shaped cutout in the back.

Before he could make a comment Lila looked out the window to see a black Ferarri pull into the driveway, she let out an unnatural squeal and ran off to go downstairs.

“Hi daddy!” Lila ran down the stairs throwing herself into his arms like a small child.

“Hello my little bird, you look so beautiful, I’m so happy for you,” he kissed her forehead.

“Thank you, you had Melissa for the weekend right?” Lila peered behind him.

“She’s just helping your grandparents out of the car, now where’s the new man coming into our family.”

“I ditched him in the room but he will be here any- hey Jon honey y dad wants to say congrats.” Lila turned to see Jon walking down the stairs.

“Thank you sir,” The two men shook hands.

“Well the Lord have mercy on my soul! If I knew my grandbaby would ever get married, well merde.”

“Mamere!” Lila shouted before running and hugging the elderly woman, “I want you to meet Jonathan, my fiancé.”

“Well aren’t you just a tall drink of water,” she grinned before holding out her hand. Jon took it but was surprised when she flipped it over to look at his palm, “just as suspected success, long life, lots of children.”

“Before you weird him out any further with your crazy ways mamere, I want oyu to know he speaks fluent French so you can interrogate him later without me even knowing,” Lila laughed as her grandmother pinched his cheek.

“Bonne chance ma cherie,” the old woman laughed as she wished Jon ood luck and went out back.

“And Jon this is my Grandpa Carter, he’s the won who own part of the MLB, so tried not to be confused.”

“I hear you’re a sports star, glad o see Lila at least decided to marry into a business we could branch into as a family,” Jon chuckled at the man’s joked and they shook hands before a dog jumped between them.

“And where did you come from buddy?” Jon reached down to pet the dog.

“Ugh, Gracie stop running off,” Melissa groaned as she pulled the dog away.

“Since when do you have a dog?”

“Daddy bought me one for maybe graduation. It’s probably so he has some buffer when I have to stay with him for like every other week this summer, because mom and dad finally get divorced and all of a sudden I have to deal with stupid custody stuff until I turn 18 in August.”

“It’s probably because he learned you had boobs and he doesn’t know how to handle you being a real person,”

“Haha, that makes sense he didn’t do any of that stuff when you were my age because you’re his favorite because you’re so strong and independent.”

“And because when I was your age mom and dad loathed each other and I was having sex and doing drugs.”

“Fine but you’re his favorite you should have heard all the praise he was saying about you and your future hubby.”

“Aww daddy loves me again.”
“You’re his first baby leaving the nest.” The two sisters laughed as they headed outside.

Soon the party was filled with relatives and old friends of Lila and her family and Jon was pulled along back and forth and introduced to new people. Once he knew everyone, Lindsey made her appearance to the couple. The three friends laughed and drank and watched Melissa stop the dog from jumping on the elderly.

“Well, well, well, if it isn’t my dumb slut friend, Lila Bird. Ex- love of my life.” A voice called out as a tall girl with short black hair and bright red lipstick came up to the three. She had a half sleeve and looked like she was for sure Lila’s partner in crime back in the day.

“Oh look who it is, Mahrah from Boston!” Lila half screamed before pulling the girl into a tight hug and kissing her cheek.

“Can’t you just feel the sexual tension,” Lindsey nudged Jon.

“And here’s your beautiful man that I was not informed about, wonderful to meet you, I’m Mara, your lady’s former lovely.”

“Well if it makes you feel any better, I want you to be one of my bridesmaids.”

“Ugh, gross. Can’t we just 69?”

“Lila doesn’t like people to go down on her,” Jon blurted before Lila gave him a little slap.

“You don’t when did that stop? Because I know you always loved me to-“ Lila slapped a hand over her mouth.

“Just be in my wedding, plan a bachelorette party and we’ll never speak of this again.” Lila turned crimson.

After Mara pulled Lila and Lindsey away to chat about life and catch up, Melissa came by with the dog in her arms.

“So you met the infamous Mara.”

“Yeah she’s something else, I see how her and the old Lila were more than just bestie’s”

“Don’t worry they’re both different now. I mean Mara got Lila into drugs in the first place but Mara went through rehab last year, I heard she even has a girlfriend now so don’t worry. But what you should worry about is mamere and how she is going grill you,” Melissa laughed as she pointed to the old woman making her way over.

“So how is the job in Chicago going, Linds?” Mara asked as they sat at a table under the tree.

“Um,well, uh—“

“Did you get fired or something? That does not seem like perfect little Linds,” Mara laughed.

“I didn’t, it’s just. Okay Li, I didn’t want to tell you at this party but I got a job in Atlanta and I’m taking it.”

“Excuse me?” Lila felt a blow to the stomach.

“I applied when I was heartbroken and I just think maybe a trip home will help the self-discovery healing process.”

“So a boy drove you to Chicago and now another is driving you back down south,” Mara grinned, “maybe you should stop dating athletes.”

“Maybe you should keep your best friend informed about life changing decisions.”

“I’m really sorry, but tomorrow we can go to the Say Yes to the Dress store in Atlanta and find bridesmaid dresses. Besides if I’m down south so I plan your entire wedding from down here, like a real maid of honor. Just please don’t hate me.”

“I could never hate you. I’ll just miss you. But I’ve randomly left you to do what I want enough that I deserve the payback.” Lila gave a small, sad smile before hugging her best friend.

“Oh you sad whiny bitches, forget about your sad rich girl lives and let’s toast to our fallen comrade and to the kickass wedding that will follow her social death,” Mara held up her glass.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm the worst.