Sequel: To Eternity
Status: Working on...

Savage Hearts

Olympics.

"How do you not know where your passport is? You literally use it at least once a month," Lila groaned while she searched around the bedroom.

"I swear it was here just a minute ago and it's not like you're much better are you even close to being ready?"

"I've been packed for a week, I've been ready for the Olympics since they announced the training camp in the summer," Lila laughed pointing to her perfectly arranged suitcase.

"Okay so maybe you accidentally grabbed my passport an put it in your bag," Jon suggested.

"Go ahead and look but I doubt that,"

Jon went to Lila's suitcase peering in and digging around, pulling out an article of clothing.

"Why the hell do you have a team USA jersey?"

"Kaner gave it to me. I mean I love you but I can only betray my country so much. Once you guys are against each other you're dead to me."

"Whatever you better be wearing team Canada stuff at every other moment."

"We'll see how I feel, I mean you only gave me half a wardrobe of gear," Lila gave a cheeky grin.

Jon rolled his eyes and slapped Lila's ass as he walked by. He began looking around on top of the dresser the was covered in Lila's things, he
picked up a partially used pack of birth control and threw it to Lila.

"I think you are forgetting something pretty important, especially if we want to up our count of countries we've had sex in."

Lila's smile faltered slightly before she put the pack in her purse, " yeah because two is such a huge number, besides will you even have time? You have to keep your energy up."

"Yeah when we win gold, I will have more than enough time to celebrate with you."

"Yeah with half your teammates in small single beds next to us," Lila laughed, "but if you do win a medal can I fuck you while I wear it?"

"You want to tarnish my medal?"

"I fucked you while you wore your medal last Olympics, I think it's fair I get a go this time around."

"That sounds fair," Jon gave a crooked grin and leaned down and have her a long kiss as he held the back of her head.

"Whoa there, we leave for Sochi in less than 24 hours and you can't find your passport, we don't have time for any funny business."

~~~~~~~~

The next few days were a blur with the jet lag that with getting to the Olympics. Now they were in Sochi and Jon was busy with practice, leaving Lila to go explore.

She didn't see Jon much except at meals he went to with his parents since he was bonding with his team. Lila made friends with some of the Team Canada and Team USA WAGs but many of them already knew each other.

That was fine except almost all the Blackhawks significant others she was friends with were either pregnant or taking care of their babies so they couldn't make the trip across the world. Leaving Lila with a little too much time alone, but she managed to make her way around the Olympics to take in some events other than hockey and the Toews favorite, curling.

But today was a hockey day she first watched some women's hockey followed by the US vs. Russia game. She was in the jersey Kaner had given her and was meeting up with Patrick's mother and one of his sisters, Erica.

"Lila dear over here," Lila ran down the arena steps as she saw the two women waving to her in the seats.

"Hi ladies it's so good to see you," Lila smiled as she hugged each of them tight.

The game was nerve wracking and all the women could tell Patrick was more than frustrated.

"I think he just puts too much pressure on himself," Patrick's mom sighed as he missed a game winning shot.

"He'll bounce back, it just really hasn't been his year, too much negative energy is following him around," Lila let slip without thinking.

"It's been a rough go, we were all hoping he'd be a little happier coming here but with grandpa and with the whole Lindsey thing, we know that was a while ago but I think it's all weighing down on him." Erica said.

Lila looked at the two wide eyed a the third period buzzer wen off signaling that overtime would be beginning soon.

"Yeah she was so good for him and got along so well with the family when she came to Switzerland for Christmas, I mean they hadn't been dating long at the time but we thought they might go the distance you know." Donna said.

"He never told us why they broke up, he just always shrugs it off, saying they weren't as compatible as they thought," Erica added

"Wait she went to Switzerland?"

"Did you not know that I thought you were best friends?" Erica looked confused.

"We are but they-its just- I- um- we didn't talk much about their relationship." Lila stuttered as the gears in her brain started to turn.

Before either of the women could say anything else OT had started grabbing their attention. While Lila sat confused about what else those two had hidden from her. She still didn't know what happened after the cup party and she was starting to think neither if he friends were as innocent as they claimed to be.

Overtime ran out and the three women held hands tightly as the watched the longest shoot out Lila had ever witnessed. TJ Oshie finally scored the winning goal and the three women shot up screaming and jumping around.

After the game, Lila went out for a drink with Erica and some of team USA.

"So how is the wedding planning going?" Erica asked.

"It's good I'm basically done just some little things left to do, the last few months were stressful though."

"That's so exciting, you and Jon are so cute and the way he proposed. God too perfect."

"Yeah it's pretty exciting, I can't wait to be married."

The two talked a bit longer before Lila excused herself to talk to Patrick. She went up to where he was standing and pulled him by the sleeve to a more secluded corner.

"What the fuck happened between you and Linds?"

"Jesus Lila we broke up, I thought you understood that by now."

"Your family just informed she came to Switzerland for family Christmas last year, people like that don't just implode like you two."

"She aborted my child Li, I had good reason."

"I'm calling some bullshit you guys talked about enough fucked up shit that couldn't have been much worse," Patrick opened his mouth to respond before he stopped himself, taking a deep breath and replying calmly.

"You want to know the truth. Linds wasn't happy in Chicago. She was looking for a job back down south but I knew she wasn't taking any because of me. I couldn't stand her being unhappy outside of our relationship and giving up something for me. So I was looking for a way out without making her feel like a bad guy."

"The whole abortion thing slipped and I took the chance. I knew it was mine and that fucking hurt that she didn't even talk to me but I wasn't exactly innocent and I wasn't exactly faithful at the time so she had every right to do what she wanted."

"But what about the cup party?"

"We talked it all out, cleared the air and got some sexual closure. And now she's happy in the south."

"But you're not happy," Lila finally softened.

"Maybe not as much as I should be for a guy at the Olympics, but we weren't ever going to end up together. She was like a starter kit for getting serious and I will always love her for that."

"Sorry I've been such a bitch about all this then."

"I can't blame you, we didn't tell you anything. But now that we are finally good again, let's take a celebratory shot of Russia's finest," Kane laughed as he led her to the bar.

~~~~~~~~

Lila couldn't help but feel bad for Patrick as she watched the horribly disappointing games against Canada and Finland. She made a mental note to take him out in Chicago as a pick me up as he went home medal-less.

As sad as she was for Patrick, she was overly proud of her husband-to-be making it to his second gold medal game.

"You look much better in that jersey than that USA jersey we last saw you in." Jon's father, Bryan laughed as Lila joined them on the walk to the arena for the last game.

"I have to be supportive even if I'm making sure our future children choose the southern side of their dual citizenship," Lila replied with a sly smile.

Bryan laughed and pulled his future daughter to his side. They joined the rest of the Canadian families in the stands as the team skated around for warm up.

"Lila want to grab some food with me? My boy may not be superstitious but I haven't seen him warm up yet and they haven't lost so let's keep the streak going." Andree laughed and Lila smiled as she went with her.

"If we're being superstitious I better not get anything," Lila laughed as they made their way to concession, "I don't really want to throw up when I get too nervous."

"You'll be fine we believe in them. But how have you been feeling Jon says you were a little stressed and distant before you guys left," She placed a hand lovingly on Lila's arm.

"I've been better, but the wedding stuff is almost done so I think I'll be better when we get back,"

"Make sure you talk to Jon about this stuff, you want it to bring you closer together not drive you a part."

"Yeah I know, I'm trying but it's not just the wedding stuff. I mean I don't want to put too much on him during the season but its other stuff too."

"Just keep him informed and if you don't feel like you can talk to him, talk to someone else just get it off your chest, it's healthier that way."

"If you think I should talk to someone, I- um- well you're his mother so maybe I shouldn't- whatever, I just went off my birth control and I haven't told him." Lila stuttered.

" I went to see my Gyno, and I told her I wanted a baby and she said with everything that happened, I should get off it sooner rather than later and I told her I wanted a baby after the wedding and she said six months before the wedding was good, and I should be aware of when I'm ovulating and stuff and I don't know how to tell Jon because I don't think we're on the same page about this." Lila rambled while Andree looked with wide eyes.

"Wow Cherie that's a lot to take in,"

"Sorry I shouldn't have said anything, especially not when there are more important things."

"No sweetie, I'm glad you feel like you can talk to me. And I'm very happy to hear you're thinking about grandchildren so soon but you have to talk to Jonathan. You can't go into something like this without each other. And I know they tell everyone to try for a year and before they get discouraged so you have time to figure this out and just don't push it. Now we have some gold medals to win, what do you say?" Andree smiled and hugged Lila before they made their way back.

"What took you two so long you almost missed the puck drop?" Bryan said upon their return.

"Just some long lines, don't worry we're here now."

~~~~~~~~

The game was not as nerve wracking as expected since the boys shut out the Swedes. Lila was very proud of Jon as he got the game winner and the chance to wave the Canadian flag in victory.

Once the medal ceremony was over, the families finally got to congratulate their medal winners. Lila stood back as she let Jon have a moment with his parents, the people who had helped him get to this moment. She smiled at the way they interacted but was surprised when Jon came up and pulled her into the group hug. Once they separated he put the medal on his dad, mirroring each others proud smiled. He turned to Lila and hugged her tightly and giving her a deep kiss.

"I hope you weren't trying to get out of being with my family, because you're a part of it now and I'm so happy you're with me this time, I love you."

"I just thought you should have a special moment with them you owe them a lot," she played with the zipper of his jacket, "but don't worry I like being a part of your family, we're pretty tight after this trip, I wouldn't be surprised if they like me more than you now." She grinned.

"Oh you're so getting it for that," he wrapped and arm around her neck and pulled her into his side.

"Jonathan, stop harassing you're beautiful fiancé," Andree jokingly scolded the young couples antics.

"See I'm their favorite," she fixed her hair as he let her go, "but I'll make it up to you tonight when we get our own celebration," she smiled before getting her chance to try on the medal, pointing to it as she gave him a little wink.