Sequel: To Eternity
Status: Working on...

Savage Hearts

Secrets.

“What are you doing tonight?” Jonathan asked as he dropped his practice bag by the door. His girlfriend was sitting at the large window sketching the view.

“I’m going to late lunch with Lindsey and I think we were going to have a Friday Night Lights marathon we’re starting season one today. Why?” Lila set her sketchpad down and looked at her boyfriend.

“You’re not going to the game tonight?”

“I wasn’t planning on it but do you want me to? Because I’ll go I mean we’ve seen all of Friday Night Lights before.”

“You don’t have to go if you don’t want to, but I’d like to know you’re cheering me on and Abby said she would like to see you, she hasn’t seen you since she had the baby.”

“If you can get Lindsey a ticket then I’ll go. Maybe if she watches Kaner play she’ll tell me what’s going on between them.”

“You can just go to the box. Thank you babe it means a lot.” He leaned down and kissed her. “And do you really think Lindsey and Kane have something going on?”

“I don’t know. I’m just suspicious. She’ been acting weird and she’s been a slut long enough that she wouldn’t hide sleeping around from me. But dating someone, especially Patrick, is something she would hide from me.”
“Just don’t get too paranoid about it, Patrick may be many things but he has gotten better and more mature so it wouldn’t be the worst man she could get with.” Lila shook her head scrunching up her nose. “I’m going to go take my nap now so I’ll see you at the game right?”

“Of course, I’ll make you some pasta and put it in the fridge for you before I leave.” She smiled before kissing him.

~~~~~~~~

“A hockey game instead of watching Tim Riggins? Are you sure you’re not concussed?” Lindsey asked as they sat down eating burritos in a restaurant downtown.

“Oh come on, you think hockey games are fun and you’ll get to see that lover of yours play.”

“Patrick is not my lover. He’s just my back-up plan, my sure thing. We know that any time one of us doesn’t land someone we’ll always be able to sleep together. It just works for us, okay?” Lindsey snapped. “But how are you and Jon, still living together in perfect harmony.”

“It’s working out better than I ever thought yes. But it can only last so long before I do something he thinks is stupid.”

“You haven’t told him yet, have you?”

“I don’t know how. I’m trying to be a better girlfriend and I don’t know how to break the news to him. Maybe he just won’ t notice.”

“Babe, I don’t think that’s something you can easily hide from him. It’s pretty obvious.”

“Whatever, do you think it would be weird if I ordered another burrito? They’re just so good. I’ll get it to go though so we can go back to my place and watch some Tim Riggins before the game.”

“No you do what you have to, maybe the food will help you decide what to do, I mean we did eat here before you met Jon for the first time and look how well that’s going. I think this food is magical.”

“Yeah because when I first met Jon, I was totally sure and positive about my feelings for him.” She laughed.

~~~~~~~~

“So you’re going and taking pictures of hockey players? For what?” Lindsey asked as the girls walked towards the United Center.

“For one of those like opening credit things for when the season starts, you know what they do at the baseball games to introduce players and shit.” Lila shrugged.

“How did you land this job, looking the way you do?” Lindsey eyed her friend who was wearing a pencil skirt with a Nirvana shirt. Her tattoos were showing as well as her nose ring. Her hair cut in a short bob and dyed a red-brown color.

“I got it because someone saw the pictures I took of the Cubs. I have talent so how I look shouldn’t really be a big deal. Also the person who was photographing this quit the paper yesterday. Meaning I possibly have a slot to take freelance pictures for the paper anytime.”

“Maybe that will keep you off the pole.” Lindsey laughed before they stopped in front of the arena. “Good luck, I hear the team has some real hotties.”

“Yeah because jocks are really my type.”

“You never know, Chicago is changing you girl!” Lindsey laughed as Lila walked into the building.

After getting her camera set up in front of the green screen. A tall man walked in.

“I’m Coach Q, you must be our photography Lila.”

“That’s me, thank you for this opportunity.”

“It is our pleasure, I’ll be sending in the boys alphabetically so it will be easier for you to edit it. You’ll be able to finish all of it in two weeks right?”

“Of course, no problem.”

“Good and you’ll get free tickets to our first home game so you can see your work in action.”

“I’m not really into hockey.” Lila looked down embarrassed.

“You don’t need to be it’s just an extra gift to show our appreciation.”

The Coach walked out and the first player walked in. For each player she would take a few shots and then have them send in the next person. It was monotonous but each of the guys were nice and made her laugh, making her job easier.

“Nobody said our photographer was hot.” A blonde walked in giving a cocky smirk.

“Thanks shuga.” She responded making the blonde blush a little.

“I’m Patrick Kane.”

“Lila Carter. Now stay still so I can get some pictures.”

“Where are you from? You sound southern.”

“I’m from Georgia. Do you always pry into people’s lives?” She attempted to tone down her drawl.

“Only when I want to get to know them better.” He wiggled his eyebrows and Lila took a picture of the ridiculous facial expression.

“I suggest you just walk away unless you want that picture in the intro.” She smirked as his jaw dropped.

“You’re feisty. I’ll give you to Jonny; he needs something to challenge him. Something other than hockey that is.” Patrick smiled before walking out.

More players shuffled through. She no longer could ignore how attractive some of them were. She was only a mortal woman. She tried not to give away her thoughts as she swooned over Patrick Sharp’s perfect smile. Then the most gorgeous guy walked in. She tried to keep breathing as he gave her a small smile. Her knees turned to jelly. She never felt this way just from looking at a guy. It wasn’t her usual lust and desire but something else. She instantly loved and hated the feeling.

“Hi I’m Jonathan Toews.” He put his hand out and she took it. Wondering if he was the same Jonny that Patrick mentioned.

“Lila Carter. Just stand over there and I’ll make this quick.”

Jonathan looked at the girl as she took his picture. She was different than all the other women who usually came in taking pictures or reporting. She had a feather tattoo that covered most of her left forearm and another one on her foot but he couldn’t tell what it was without staring. Her hair was angular and dyed a shade he only could describe as ‘punk’. Her nose was pierced with an obvious ring looped through her nostril. Jonathan would normally never look twice at a girl like this, but this Lila girl made his breath get caught in his throat. When she laughed at his weird expression he thought it must be the same feeling a deaf person would have hearing music for the first time. He couldn’t keep himself from talking to her.

“So will you be at the first game? Coach said he gave you a ticket.”

“I’m not a big sports person,” Not a surprise Jon thought.

“Well we’re gonna win the cup this year, so you might want to become a fan before it’s a big deal, besides Coach gave you a good seat, its right behind the players bench.”

“So I’ll get to stare at the back of your heads for a game?” She laughed. Jon turned around a rubbed the back of his head.

“Look at how attractive that is, ladies would kill to see that up close and personal.” Jon didn’t know where this flirty, unserious personality was coming from but he liked it, a lot.

“Well I guess I can make an appearance.” She smiled as Jon walked out in victory.

The next two weeks Jonathan worked harder than he ever had before. He wanted to impress this girl. Normally, a girl would distract a guy from playing better, but this girl was different. He wanted to be the best he could be, for her. When he wasn’t practicing he was trying to recreate her face, her smile, her sparkling eyes. By the time the game came he was so consumed by thoughts of this girl he was worried he may actually play bad. But as soon as he skated on the ice and looked at her assigned seat he couldn’t help but focus on what was important; impressing her. She gave a small smirk and a wave and he smiled back. At that moment they both felt the same stomach jerking feeling. Neither one had felt it before. Jon knew he needed to feel it again.


“Your boyfriend is waving at you.” Lila felt Lindsey nudge her side.

“How does he even know I’m up here, he can’t see me. He’s probably just waving to a kid.” Abby gave her a look, “fine I’ll wave back.” She stood up and waved, holding the little Madelyn on her hip.

“What crawled up your ass?” Abby asked as Lila sat back down. “I haven’t seen you since the little one was born and I don’t want your sour mood ruining my night out.’

“That. That is what is ruining my night.” Lila pointed to Lindsey who was wearing a Kane jersey and waving to number 88 who was circling around on the ice, “I don’t like the Patrick/Lindsey thing. It makes me sick and I’m supposed to look out for her and keep her away from guys like Kaner. Then I see that stupid smile on her face and no matter how much she denies liking him, I want her to be happy like that.”

“Is that really the problem? Because those two have been something for a long time coming.” Abby smirked.

“No not entirely, I’m losing my inspiration in everything I do and I don’t know why and then there’s this whole Jon situation and Lindsey’s relationships are just making it all worse.”

“She’s not telling Jon something pretty important. It’s just the Lila way. Self-sabotaging when she feels something meaningful.” Lindsey added as she sat down next to the girls.

“Is it the whole living together thing? Is it throwing you off?” A concerned Abby asked.

“I don’t know, I’m just feeling overwhelmed and confused when there’s not too much on my plate.”

“You love Jonathan, so stop thinking and contemplating so much. Don’t let that brain of yours get in the way of what your heart and soul are telling you.” Abby gave a smile.

“Remember Lila’s heart and soul have been telling her to run and be free for a long time. Maybe she shouldn’t listen too hard.” Lindsey smiled.

“I’m feeling sick. Stop talking about me. Abby, what’s it like being a new mom?” Lila gave a light smile while tickling the baby sitting in her lap.

~~~~~~~~

The Blackhawks won the game. Jonathan had gone up to the WAGs box but Abby told him Lila had gone home early because she was feeling tired and didn’t want to deal with traffic. He frowned but he understood.

He walked into their apartment and walked to their room to see Lila curled up and already asleep. He sat on the bed and rubbed her back. She stirred a little, squinting up at him.

“I’m home sweetie,”

“Good, but I’m tired so get into bed soon and cuddle with me.” She sounded like a small child and he laughed as he kissed her forehead.

Jon walked into the bathroom to brush his teeth. He was in the middle of the action when a box in the garbage can caught his eye. He reached in and pulled it out. At first he confused and he turned to see if he sleeping girlfriend could see what he was doing. He reached into the box and he felt sick.

In the palm of his hand, he held a small white pregnancy test, and it was positive.
♠ ♠ ♠
Some drama and a look into Jon and Lila's past!

Any predictions for what will happen? I would love to hear!

As always subscribe and comment!

And thanks to whoever put my story on tumblr you're awesome!