Sequel: To Eternity
Status: Working on...

Savage Hearts

Runaway.

"You haven't even texted him to tell him you're okay." Lindsey asked Lila who was busy painting.

"No and he hasn't texted me either. We're giving each other some space and time to think, besides they're on that ridiculously long road trip because that circus is in town. I'm not having the conversation that could make or break our relationship over the phone." Lila replied never looking away from her canvas.

"What even happened anyway? You just barged in here two weeks ago and I haven't wanted to pry but if you're going to mooch any longer I'll need to know what's happening and why you've been painting for like two weeks straight in this bland room."

"First this room is bland because you removed all the furniture from my old room, secondly I told you we had a fight over the infidelity sweater and you letting it slip that I wasn't going to Ottawa with him."

"He deserved to know."

"Not from the person who I consoled even though she was calling me derogatory names."

"I gave you an apology note, I really am sorry I never even used the c-word in my life before then and I'm sorry the first time I used it was directed at you."

"It's whatever I got over it."

"Good now back to you and the love of your life. What the fuck is an infidelity sweater."

"Well remember that whole bit about me cheating on Jon? You see, the night it happened Jon was coming to surprise me and he saw my ugly orange sweater on the floor and then walked in on me fucking another guy. I told him I threw it away but I hadn't. I was wearing it the other day while painting and I got really frustrated because I had zero inspiration and I threw it on the ground and forgot about it. He came home and found it and exploded. He almost hit me. I mean I know he would never mean to hit but he was just so mad and so close, I panicked. You know how I get around angry boyfriends. I've never seen him so mad and I thought maybe being apart would put things in perspective."

"Just promise me you aren't using this as a scapegoat. Don't let this be some bullshit reason for you to run and leave Jon and leave Chicago. I love you but I love you with Jonathan even more and I'm sick of you fucking things up."

"It's not like that. Or at least I don't think it is."

"At least promise me you'll text him tonight. A simple good luck for his game in San Jose. Promise me."

"Scout's honor."

~~~~~~~~

"Look at that, she actually texted me." Jonathan bitterly laughed at his screen, which seemed to be mocking him.

"A week late isn't it?" Patrick asked as they sat in their hotel room getting ready to go to the rink.

"No, its been nice to just focus on hockey and forget about Lila and her shit. But then she reminds me of her and how much I love her with just one stupid text that says 'good luck tonight'. Nothing that would even imply that we are in love or things are going to be okay and I already can't stop thinking about her. She just clouds my thoughts and I hate that. Even after all she does, I can't stop having feelings for her."

"If I were you, although I have no experience in the love area, I would suggest you focus on hockey and ignore her. She has been a horrible girlfriend for two years and if anyone should be crawling back it's her. Besides we're on this road trip for a long ass time, there's nothing you can do if you're not in Chicago. So focus on you and forget whatshername. We have a week to just cleanse your mind of her so when you see her again it can be a clean slate for both of you. No more bullshit in that damned relationship of yours." Patrick said acting way more mature and rational than Jonathan thought was possible.

Patrick got up to leave for the lobby and Jon slowly followed behind him. He shook his head as if to shake all the thoughts of Lila out of his head, because as ludicrous as it was, Patrick Kane spoke some serious truth. He couldn't change anything hundreds of miles from Chicago. He knew it would be one of the hardest things he'd done in a long time, but Jon would put aside all thoughts of Lila and put himself first. For the next week Jon would do things for himself and he'd be damned if Lila Carter changed that for him.

~~~~~~~~

Four days later Jonathan and and Patrick were in their hotel room once again discussing texts.

"You're trying to tell me a girl you're not even really dating texted you a picture of her wearing 'Valentine's' panties' and the girl I'm actually dating doesn't even text me happy Valentine's day."

"Don't be a baby. Lindsey just thought it would be funny. I'm sure Lila will do something. You are taking a break from each other though so it shouldn't really matter.'

"But we've never not done something on Valentine's day."

"Well you will do something for V-day! You're going out with me."

"I don't know if that's a good idea."

"Don't go all Captain Serious on me, just go out with me tonight all the girls will be so desperate and lonely they'll be too drunk to notice when you're turning them down. Just grow a pair, loosen up, and come for some drinks with me."

"I sent her flowers so maybe after she gets them, she'll call me." Jon tried to reason with Pat.

"God, Jonathan it doesn't matter. Just forget her for only five more days. She will thank you for the flowers when you get home."

"Fine but we leave when I want to."

"Jonny, you're a big boy you get to leave whenever you want to." Patrick grinned.

When they arrived at the club after the game Jon already felt anxious and the need to leave. A few drinks later and it didn't seem as big of a deal. A few more drinks later and Jon wouldn't have recognized Lila if he tried. His head was a fog. Kaner was staying close by as he started to realize his captain wasn't going to make good decisions if left to his own devices.

Jonathan could no longer sit down and drink and was drawn to the pounding bass coming from the dance floor. A brunette girl soon came over to him. She began to grind against him with no protest from Jon. Somewhere on the other side of the club Patrick was too distracted by a young lady with a knack for tying cherry stems to realize his best friend was no longer in view. Jon, who was too drunk to realize what he was doing, began to grind with the girl placing his hands on her hips. She leaned up to kiss his neck, Jon did nothing to resist. He leaned down and slurred French nonsense in her ear, whether or not it was on purpose neither the girl or Jon knew. They continued to grind and Patrick continued to be oblivious. The girl realized that this man was not going to turn her down and leaned up once more to whisper in his ear.

"What do you say we get out of here?"

Jon merely nodded and followed the girl who was leading him by hand out of the club.
♠ ♠ ♠
Uh oh Jonny is entering the danger zone.
Tell me what you think is going to happen I'm curious to see what you think.

Comment and subscribe!