Panic With a Paramore and a Little Bit of Romance

16

That night was horrible. There was so much shouting going on and the rest of the guys were practicing to kill demons, the noises carried up from the fighting room which was below the music room. The couples were arguing and their voices traveled through the walls. Hayley, Mikey, Andy, and Spencer were also fighting to let us girls help. That carried up from the living room. I laid in my bed, under my comforter and curled up in a tight ball. I felt like a child whose parents were having a bad fight, like when I was younger and my parent's always fought.

It was around two when the fighting quieted down and different stereos were turned on. I could hear Hayley's the most because our room's were right next to each other. She had on Jimmy Eat World and I could hear her talking to someone, I think it Mikey. I couldn't understand what they were talking about, it sounded like grumbles under the music. I was still trying to fall asleep two hours later when someone opened the door. I turned over and saw Kat and Stacie.

"You're still up?" Kat asked. She closed the door behind them and they sat next to me.

"Yeah, it's kind of hard to sleep with the noise," I said, sitting up.

"We told everyone to lower whatever they were listening to but they were so angry."

"It's fine but it just sounded so bad, it scared me."

"Don't be scared, it never gets violent except for maybe a punch or slap," Kat said, giving me a hug.

"It's not that, I know they won't really hurt each other. But it reminds me of how my parents used to act. They always fought over everything when I was little and it always scared me, I almost ran away twice."

"Is everything okay now?" Stacie asked.

"It's been better, they still argue but it's not as bad," I yawned.

"Oh! We should let you sleep. We'll make sure everyone keeps it down."

"Thanks. And thanks for checking on me."

They gave me hugs and left the room. I got under the blanket again and this time I was able to fall asleep.

When I woke up it was a little after one. I felt like I could still sleep but I forced my butt out of bed. Still in my pajamas, grey, black, and purple plaid pants and a cami with a Cobra Starship hoodie that I borrowed from Rachel, I left my room and went downstairs. The house was so quiet compared to last night. When I was at the foot of the steps I could hear the TV on in the living room and some talking.

"Come on, Kat! It won't wake her up if it's hired two clicks," Pete whined.

"Peter Wentz! I swear if you put one hand on that remote I will take you outside and kick your ass! Lyn deserves some peace and quiet after last night," Kat hissed.

I walked into the living room right as Pete was about to poke the remote that was on the coffee table in front of him.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you," I said, sitting on the floor next to Hayley.

"Did we wake you up?" Kat asked, to me she was the most like the mother of this family.

"Nah, it was just time for me to wake up."

"Sorry about the noise last night, hun," Hayley apologized, giving me a hug.

"It's fine, you were upset and what better way to get over it then listening to music?"

"Are you hungry?" Rachel asked.

"Nope, thanks though." I looked around and noticed that only about half of the guys were here. "Where's everyone else."

"Half are still spying and the reset are downstairs," Andy said.

Pete turned the movie they had been watching, The Breakfast Club, back on. No one really spoke except for commentary on the movie. It finished some time after three.

"I'm gonna play some music, anyone want to come?" Frank asked.

"I'll go, we need to get Ray and figure out the next part for the new song," Mikey said.

"We should get Bob and Gerard too, they're not going to be happy about that," Frank chuckled. "See you later," he said to Kat, kissing her and following Mikey downstairs.

Pete, Jeremy, and Andy decided to go downstairs to training which left the girls, Zac, and me in the living room.

"When are we starting dinner?" Zac asked Rachel.

"Not until four thirty so you can do whatever until then." He gave her a kiss and left the room. The door that led downstairs closed loudly behind him. Rachel turned to me. "You need food."

“No, I’m-” Hayley cut me off by putting her hand on my shoulder.

“Just let her be,” she whispered.

Rachel left the room and Stacie went after her, leaving just Hayley, Kat, and me in the living room.

“Why is she so upset?” I asked. “I mean Frank and Jeremy are in danger but you and Stacie aren’t freaking out.”

“You remember how her parents died?” Kat asked. I nodded. “Well that day, before she had left to go with Zac to dinner, she had been baking cookies. When she looks back on that day she can’t remember if she turned the over off or not. Because of that she blames herself for her parents dieing. Now she thinks that if she doesn’t try to stop the boys and one of them ends up dieing then it will be all her fault.”

“Oh.”

“Yeah, nothing we say can stop her.”

“You’re read the Twilight series, right?” Hayley asked.

“One of my favorites.”

“Well you know how in Eclipse Bella got Edward to stay with her during the fight? That’s what she’s trying to do now with Zac.”

“But if he stays then we can’t help the others.”

“Exactly, she just wants Zac safe but she does care about everyone. Zac’s like the only ‘real’ family she has left. We may be family at soul but if they ever decide to get married then they’ll officially be family, if that makes sense.”

“Yeah it does.”

“Cooking helps keep her mind off things and Zac volunteering to help her was great. They look so cute when they cook together, too,” Kat said. “Stacie keeps her sane during times like these.”

“Kat!” Ray shouted, running into the room. “Your idiot husband is holding my gun hostage unless I help him and Mikey write a damn song!”

“You just don’t want to help because you don’t have any good ideas!” Frank shouted.

Ray turned around and bolted out of the room. Kat sighed and got up.

“Ray, don’t kill Frank, please! I’ll see you two later.” There was a loud crash. “Do not fight in the music room especially near my bass!”

She ran out of the room and slammed the basement door behind her. Hayley and I just sat there and listened to the shouting coming from below us.

“Wanna play video games?” I asked.

“Sure!”

We spent the rest of the time until dinner playing Monkey Ball.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm doing well with updating huh? I'm almost done with the next chapter too. School's great for writing :] Talk to you all later!