Panic With a Paramore and a Little Bit of Romance

17

The next day was Thursday, one day to go. Rachel was even more nervous and her moods changed so suddenly. Kat and Stacie were staying very close to Frank and Jeremy also. Hayley wouldn't say anything, when I woke up at eight she was outside with a notebook trying to write a song and she hadn't come in since. I didn't know what do so I borrowed Rachel's iPod and read in the dining room. All of the guys but Andy were practicing. Andy had gone out to the hospital to get some blood, everyone would need the extra boost.

I was about to go get a snack when Rachel let out a frustrated shriek. I dropped the book, turned off the iPod, and went into the kitchen. She was looking through the cabinets and muttering to herself.

"Rachel?" I asked hesitantly.

Her head snapped around and I took a step back.

"Hi."

"What're you looking for?"

"I was going to make spaghetti for dinner but we don't have any sauce!"

"Want me to call Andy and ask him to pick some up?"

"Fine! Whatever! Ugh!"

"Do you want to be alone?"

"No," she sighed, "I'm really sorry about how I'm acting."

"It's okay, Kat and Hayls explained."

"I just don't want to lose any of them! And the girls and you are going too. This is hell for me."

"We're all gonna make it."

"How do you know? Those demons are so deadly, you have no idea! They could easily kill us!"

"Positive thinking, if you just dwell on the negative side then things won't go well. I'm gonna call Andy then I'll help you, okay?"

"Yeah, thanks, Lyn."

"No problem." She went to clean the dishes and I got the phone. There was a list of everyone's numbers next to it in alphabetical order so Andy was the first one. I dialed and waited as it rang four times.

"Yo."

"Hey, it's Lyn. Can you pick up some spaghetti sauce for Rachel?"

"okay, see you later."

We hung up and I went to help Rachel. Hayley came in, carrying her notebook, she looked so upset.

"I want chocolate," she said, looking through the nearest cabinet.

"I made a bunch of pudding before if you some of that."

"Yeah, either of you?" we shook our heads, she just shrugged, took her pudding, and sat on the counter. "I cannot concentrate at all."

"I don't think anyone can, hon," Rachel said, she started pacing around the kitchen.

"This is good pudding!" Hayley said quickly, trying to distract her. "How about we go watch TV or something?"

"I'm going to make cookies, you and Lyn go."

We left the kitchen and headed to the living room.

"This sucks!" she said, laying on the big couch, I sat on the love seat.

"I know."

"She's never been this bad before. Zac better not get so much as a scratch or I will beat his ass. I have something to ask you, I know the girls wanted to wait but I need to know and there's not much time. We think it would be good for you to stay home tomorrow. It's just that you haven't had much chance to practice and you're way more vulnerable then us. We don't want you to get hurt."

"I have to go. I'll never be able to just sit here while everyone's fighting. I'll stay in the background if you want."

She sighed. "Okay. We'll keep you safe."

The front door opened and Andy called out, "Lucy, or whoever's listening, I'm home!"

"In here, Ricky!" Hayley responded.

He came in, carrying three bags.

"Is Rachel in the kitchen? I got the sauce."

"Yeah, just be careful," I said.

"If I'm not back in ten minutes send Zac in."

"Will do," Hayley said, saluting him with the spoon.

"Okay, Lyn," he said, turning to me. "You get Zac."

"Hey! I wouldn't let Rachel kill you," Hayley exclaimed.

"I know but for some reason I trust her more."

"Whatever."

He left and we just sat there waiting. From the kitchen we could hear some pots banging together and Rachel and Andy talking but no yelling. Fifteen minutes passed but we didn't go see if Andy was fine, he knows to scream if he needs help.

Rachel called everyone up at five thirty for dinner. It was a very quiet dinner. The guys were discussing tomorrow in hushed whispers, Kat and Stacie were sitting as close to possible to Frank and Jeremy and barely touched their food, Hayley wasn't eating either but still working on the song, Rachel looked ready to either scream or break down crying as Zac held her, and I just sat there playing with my food.

After dinner the guys went to bed even though it was about seven. Rachel, Kat, and Stacie followed after Hayley and I offered to do the dishes. It didn't take long before I was in my bed, trying to sleep. The last thought I can remember was that I could die in twenty-four hours.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you liked it! I've been listening to the song All-American by Carrie Underwood non-stop, just thought I should share. It might take me a little longer to update because I need to work on My New Parents Are Who?!, Cianides the new lemonade, and I'm working on two books, have A Tale Of Two Cities (which I hate), a project, and recreational reading to do.