Panic With a Paramore and a Little Bit of Romance

2

“What?” these guys have to be joking.

“We’re not joking.”

“But you can’t be vampires!”

“Why not?” Kat asked.

“Because vampires don’t exist!”

“Yeah they do because we’re vampires,” Brendon said.

I sat down and stared at everyone. They were starring back probably wondering if I was going to go into a panic attack or anything.

“Are you?” Rachel asked, kneeling down.

“Huh?”

“Are you going into a panic attack?”

“No. How’d you know that’s what I was thinking?”

“Vampires can hear human’s thoughts.”

“You guys are really serious aren’t you?” they nodded. “Well can you explain how I got to be in a house full of vampires?”

“I’ll explain,” Ryan said. “Three nights ago we got a call from our friend Pete and he said there were some demons in Jersey. Josh and I left and got there the next day. Pete called us at night and said they were in your area and they needed help fighting them off. We found the two demons and you-”

“Wait, who jumped out of the tree?”

“Andy, he’s one of Pete’s friends. They’re all vampires. Anyway, they dropped you and you passed out. We killed the demons and since you were still passed out we took you here because Josh and Mikey went to medical school a few years ago for the heck of it. You had a big cut on the back of your head but they fixed it up.”

“But if I was bleeding why didn’t you kill me? Don’t you guys drink blood?” none of this made sense.

“We do drink blood but we drink from packets of blood we get from the hospital. If a human bleeds around us it doesn’t affect us,” Hayley explained.

“So how long was I out for?”

“About a day because Mikey and Josh gave you some sleeping medicine.”

“When can I go home?”

“Not for a while, the demons are still there.” Ryan said.

“But what about my family?”

“They’ll probably think you ran away or something.”

“So if I ever go home what would I tell them, I was kidnapped by vampires because demons were trying to kill me?”

“Sure, if you want to be sent to an asylum.”

“Hey are you hungry?” Rachel asked, standing up.

“Um-”

“What am I saying? You haven’t eaten for a day. I’ll be back in a bit!” she and Stacie left the room.

“She loves to cool but she can’t cook much with us.” Hayley said, smiling.

“Much?”

“We can eat if we want but it’s not necessary so she usually cooks about once a month.”

“Did you have any other questions?” Jon asked.

“I’m just wondering, but you don’t have to tell me, when were you all…”

“Changed?” he asked with a smile.

“Yeah.”

“First were Mikey and me,” Gerard said. “We were alive in the early 1300s around the same time the Black Death broke out. We weren’t affected yet so we ran away trying to stay healthy. We were hiding in a forest one night when something attacked us. While we were trying to fight them off I got cut and that caused them to bite us. Vampires back then were affected by blood.”

“Then came me,” Jeremy said. “During the Renaissance around 1457 I worked as Gerard’s assistance because he was a very good artist. People became suspicious though because they never came out of the house and whenever I would get food it would only be fore me. Soon they accused Gerard and Mikey of being devils and tried to burn down the house. I warned them and tried to hold off the mob but I was knocked out. When I woke up I was on a boat with Gerard and Mikey and I was a vampire. We were alone for a couple hundred years until the 1800s.”

“That’s when they found me,” Stacie said, coming back into the room with Rachel. “I believed in magic and no matter what my parents did I continued to be fascinated with it. One day the priest at the church found out and declared I was to be killed. I ran away before they could get me and everything after that is a mystery. All I remember after that is Jeremy being next to me and I was a vampire.”

“About thirty years later Josh and I were going out in a boat in the ocean but there was a storm,” Zac said.

“Gerard, Jeremy, and Stacie were helping me get over my water phobia,” Mikey said.

“When we were out on the water a wave capsized the boat and we were drowning. Gerard and Jeremy saved us and because we were almost dead they changed us. After that we headed to America.”

“When they were in America in the 1880s they stopped in Jersey where Kat and I lived. We became quick friends and left with them,” Frank said.

“They found me in Tennessee a few years later. During that time some vampires enjoyed torturing humans then killing them. When they found me the vampires were still in the torturing stage. While the boys killed the vampires Stacie and Kat changed me then brought me to their house. We were out of Tennessee by the next day.” Hayley said.

“The four of us were next,” Brendon said, pointing to Spencer, Ryan, and Jon. “I think it was 1923 right?” they nodded. “We were a band and played in clubs in Nevada. One of the clubs in Northern Nevada was a vampire club but we didn’t know it until it was to late. We were looking for the room we were supposed to go to after playing but we got the wrong room.” he stopped and Ryan picked up.

“Inside a vampire was killing a little boy. They thought we knew to much so they bit us. Before we died police came saying there had been complaints about the place. Our hearts had already stopped beating so we were taken to the morgue. When everyone had left we got out of there and ran. It took us about a year to find everyone.”

“In 1941 I was fighting in World War 2,” Bob said. “All of the guys were there while Stacie, Kat, and Hayley stayed in Michigan. One day Mikey got shot but because I didn’t know he wasn’t hurt I went over to see how bad it was. I ended up getting shot and since I was close to Mikey he bit me. That night we went to the camp where everyone was staying and told Gerard we were going to Michigan to stay with the girls.”

“I was next!” Rachel exclaimed happily. “When I was about seventeen in the 1960s I worked at my parents’ bakery. One day Zac came in to get cookies for some reason.”

“The girls wanted them,” he explained.

“Well after that he came back a lot. Finally he asked me to dinner. When we got back to my house, which was over the bakery, it was on fire! Someone had left an over on and the whole place burnt to the ground. My parents died and Zac asked me if I wanted to live with them. After they told me what they were I had the choice to be changed and obviously I chose to!”

“And I was the last one,” Ray said. “In the seventies I got blamed for some stuff that I didn’t do. These guys were doing drugs and since I looked guilty when I walked by the house they told the cops I was in on everything. I was in so much trouble that I just ran. I hid for a while and when I found everyone I was so sick from living outside. There wasn’t anything they could do so they changed me.”

“Wow,” was all I could say about all that.