Panic With a Paramore and a Little Bit of Romance

3

After Rachel brought me the cookies she and Stacie had made they asked me if I had any other questions.

“What do you do for fun? Living for as long as you have it must get boring.”

Everyone got huge smiles on their faces and I could see some of their fangs.

“Music!” they shouted.

“Huh?”

“We play music and have bands,” Kat explained, getting off of Frank.

“Come on.” Rachel took my hand and led me into the foyer. She opened a door to the left of the staircase and turned on the lights.

At the bottom of the stairs was a recording studio. There were three other rooms that had instruments in them.

“Whoa.”

“Hayley, Zac, Jeremy, and Josh named their band Paramore; Brendon, Spencer, Ryan, and Jon named their band Panic! At the Disco; and Gerard, Mikey, Frank, Ray, and Bob named their band My Chemical Romance. Stacie plays the cello, Kat plays bass, and I play drums.”

“Do you just play for fun?”

“We’ve made CDs but never played for anyone,” Gerard said.

“Can I hear some of your songs?”

“Sure!” they were really happy about this.

“Rock, paper, scissors to see who goes first,” Hayley said. It was her against Brendon and Gerard. Hayley won, Brendon came in second, and Gerard in third.

“Let’s play…Misery Business,” she said and she, Zac, Josh, and Jeremy went into one of the rooms.

Rachel did something with the electronic stuff and gave them the thumbs up. Zac, Jeremy, and Josh started playing then Hayley started singing. They were amazing!

“How do you like them?” Stacie asked.

“They’re awesome!”

When they finished Brendon, Ryan, Spencer, and Jon went into the room that had a disco ball on the door.

“What are they playing?” I asked.

“There’s A Good Reason These Tables Are Numbered Honey, You Just Haven’t Thought Of It Yet,” Rachel said as they started the song.

The lyrics were very interesting and I loved the song.

“Who wrote that?” I asked them when they finished.

“I did,” Ryan said.

“I love it.”

“Our turn!” Frank yelled before running into the third room.

Gerard, Mikey, Bob, and Ray followed him then they started playing.

“I’m Not Okay.” Kat said as they started the intro.

“What?”

“Sorry, it’s the name of the song. I’m Not Okay (I Promise).”

“Oh.”

They were great. It was funny when Frank started getting really into the song and began jumping around like a maniac.

“Nice enthusiasm,” I told them when they came out of the room.

“Thanks!” Frank exclaimed.

“What now?” Rachel asked.

“You don’t like doing nothing do you?” I asked.

“Nope! Now what can we do?”

“Video games?” Jon suggested.

A few of the guys wanted to so they left. Then it was Rachel, Stacie, Kat, Frank, Ryan, Hayley, Jeremy, Zac, and me.

“What do you want to do?” Rachel asked me.

“I don’t know.”

“How about pool and foosball?” Hayley suggested.

“Okay.”

“Good! Come on!” Rachel pulled me out of the basement and up two flights of stairs. She opened a green door that said game room and let me in.