Status: My first story. This is just something for me to write while I'm developing my other stories.

What Happens in Vegas, Stays in Vegas

There are two kinds of vampires roaming this earth. The living and the undead. Moroi(mor-roy) are the living ones. They don't kill when they take blood, so they get their blood from humans who volunteer, humans called feeders. They volunteer because vampire saliva contains endorphin's that give a wonderful high. Moroi also have power over the elements, such as Earth, Water, Fire and Air. Every moroi has a small control over three of them, but they specialize in the other, having a greater power in that one. Moroi are able to go out into the sun, but it drains them, and will eventually start to burn their skin. They also have more acute senses than humans, but not as great at the strigoi's.
Strigoi(stri-goy) are the undead vampires, and kill when they drink. They do not have elemental magic and cannot go out into the sun like a moroi. Instead they have enhanced speed, strength, stamina, and senses. They crave for moroi blood most of all, because the blood brings them power. They live forever, and the only way to kill them is decapitation, setting them on fire, or driving a silver stake, charmed with all four elements, through their heart.
And that's what Guardians are for. To protect the moroi from the strigoi. Guardians are made up of a race called dhampirs, half-vampire half-humans. They were born from moroi and humans intermingling, but it's now looked down upon for a moroi and human to be together. The dhampirs can't have children with other dhampirs because of some genetic flaw, but they can with moroi, which makes more dhampirs. They appear human, but have the greater reflexes and senses of a moroi. That paired with their greater human strength and stamina, they make the perfect warriors. Most are trained from a very young age to fight and kill strigoi, to protect the moroi, though some (mostly women) run off to raise families.

I'm a moroi, one from one of the twelve royal moroi families. I live a nice party life in Las Vegas, Nevada with some of my other royal friends. Vegas attracts a lot of women, both moroi and dhampir... and human, of course. Not to mention the strigoi. They love it here, and can blend in pretty easily with all the activity going on at night. Yeah, Vegas is a place for the dangerous and unexpected. My name's Lev Tarus, and I'm a royal moroi with some unusual magic.