Status: In the works. Looking for lots of comments

Look for You

Chapter 9

When I got home, everyone was in bed. I quickly made my way up the stairs and into the room I shared with Louis quietly. “How’d it go?” I turned to Louis, who was sitting up in bed.

“Perfectly.” I pulled off my shirt and tossed it on the floor. “I think she actually likes me.” I removed my trousers next and hopped on my bed. I looked over at Lou and sighed.

“You’ve got it bad, mate. You should start working on winning her daughter now.” He was right, Faelyn was her world, if she didn’t like me, there couldn’t be a successful relationship.

Lou and I said goodnight and went to bed. I woke up around noon. I pulled on a pair of pajama bottoms and walked into the kitchen. My hair was all over the place, but I could care less. I made a cup of tea and sat down in the living room. Niall was sitting with a bowl of cereal watching cartoons. He laughed at virtually everything.

Everyone soon joined in the living room. Niall had left for his job at the local dog kennel. He loved helping the animals find good homes and playing with dogs all day. We’d been considering getting a dog for a long time now, but we weren’t ready for that. One day soon, though. But in my honest opinion, I’d much rather had a cat. They weren’t as jumpy and stuff. I liked that about them.

Jimmie stopped over around lunch time. She made herself at home in the living room and demanded I play Left for Dead with her. I gladly accepted, there was no way she was better than me. We set up the game system and started playing. “Die you fuckers!” She screamed. “Fucking ass cunts! Fucking shit fuck, fuck, fuck!” I got scared a little. But now I understood a bit more about her and Niall’s relationship. They both had the same dictionary, apparently.

I was behind her the whole time. Her stats were a lot higher and I quietly stood up and walked away before she noticed. I climbed the stairs and grabbed my laptop and opened YouTube. I had a bunch more comments and subscribers. I really liked this. I decided to sing another cover.

I searched around for a good song and settled on Stop and Stare. I sang with all I had and smiled, before I ended the video I added, “Thank you all for subscribing, you don’t know how much this means to me.” I stopped recording and started uploading it. I ran down the stairs and headed to the kitchen for something to drink.

“If you didn’t have such an amazing voice, I’d call you a pansy for quitting the game.” Jimmie smiled from the couch.

I looked at her funny for a minute, “Thanks…I think?” She laughed and I left to grab water from the fridge.
As I headed back up the stairs, my phone vibrated. I looked at it and saw I had a new text. “Hey, Curly. I still have your jacket.” How did Issy have my number and I didn’t have hers? Niall.

“That’s alright. I’ll get it the next time I see you. And it’s a blazer, love. ;)” I sent the text and went back upstairs to check on my video.

My phone vibrated again and I smiled, “Oh, same thing. That should be fine. When?” She asked. I thought about it, I could ask her out again tomorrow, maybe invite Fae, do something fancy or fun. Or both. I added the details to my video as it finished processing. I quickly picked up my phone and replied.

“Tomorrow night? You, Fae and I can do something.” I put the phone down and curled up in my bed, opening my movie folder and selecting Titanic.

I waited for a reply, the movie had finished long before I got one. I was worried I was stepping over the line or something. Maybe she wasn’t ready for me to meet Faelyn properly. Wasn’t ready for me to get to know her little girl. I knew I was ready, I wanted to prove I could do this. So what? I was 18 years old, does that automatically make me bad with kids? No. There were plenty of 18 year old fathers out there.

Whoa, now that I think about it, being with Issy would make me a father, would it not? That was a seriously big step in the relationship. Most people don’t have kids until they are married. If Issy and I were to become more than friends, I would become Fae’s father, right? The buzzing phone caught my attention. “Um… can’t tomorrow. Saturday sound good?” I sighed and smiled slightly. So she was letting me get to know her and her daughter.

“That sounds great! :D” I had two days to figure out what we could do.

“Okay, I’ll see you then :)” She replied. I didn’t reply back, there wasn’t anything to reply. I added her phone number to my phone so I wouldn’t forget.

As I went back down stairs, Liam was playing LFD with Jimmie. Jimmie winked at me and started owning the hell out of the game. I smiled and sat down in between them on the couch. Jimmie was still yelling her profanities and I couldn’t keep from laughing. By the time the two finally finished the game, I insisted on a harmless game of Just Dance 2.

Everyone got up and moved the furniture. The Love Seat was moved to one corner of the room, the chair and couch moved to the other, blocking access to the stairs. Louis quickly ran in “I want to play!” He screamed. So the 4 of us got ready and picked a song.

For us guys to be good singers, our dancing skills lacked. But it was a laugh. We played all the songs at least once and went back to our favorites. We started doing vs., Jimmie against me, then the winner against another and so on. We all pretty much sucked, but won at least one song.

We shut off the game system and sat on the floor. I wasn’t sure about anyone else, but I was too tired to move everything back right now. Instead we all grabbed pillows and blankets, shut off the lights and put in the first season of The Walking Dead. We all had Nerf Guns, including Jimmie. Zayn never bothered to join us, he just climbed over the couch and went up to his room to sleep.

The house was quiet as we watched the show. About halfway through, there was a sound coming from the kitchen. We all looked at each other and readied our guns. We threw the blankets off of us and sat up, aiming for the two doorways. Liam and Lou were watching the doorway to the dining room and Jimmie and I on the one for the kitchen. “Urggghhh” Came a sound, we all jumped.

We all looked at each other as we listened to more groaning. Suddenly a figure appeared through the kitchen doorway, we all screamed and started shooting. The lights suddenly went on and Niall stood there, pizza box in hand and darts surrounding his feet and stuck to his face. “Hello to you all too.” He said, pealing a dart off his forehead.

“We thought you were a zombie.” Louis said, putting a hand on his chest and grabbing the pizza box from him. We all laughed.

“I’m not, though I am hungry.”

“You are always hungry.” Jimmie fought back, kissing him quickly and pulling another dart off his face. We all retreated to the dining room and ate the pizza. Leaving some for Zayn when he wakes up.

Jimmie said her goodbyes and left after we finished. The guys and I straightened up the living room and sat down to watch American Idol until we all retreated to bed.