Status: In the works. Looking for lots of comments

Look for You

Chapter 10

I woke to Louis jumping on my bed this morning. “Harry! Harry! Harry!” He screamed. I groaned and kicked my feet trying to knock him off the bed. “Nice try, but won’t work.” He said, he continued to jump. “I found your YouTube page and I want in!” I turned and looked at him.

“Why do you want in?” I asked. Rubbing my eyes and kicking at him again, now that I could see, it was easy. He fell back and sat on the bed.

“Well, maybe it’s the fact you are amazing, I am amazing, we should totally sing together.” He looked around the room before adding “Or the fact that you have over 2,000 subscribers and I want some of the amazing love you are getting.”

My eyes grew wide. 2,000 subscribers? Last time I looked I had maybe a hundred. I grabbed my laptop and opened YouTube. When the page loaded, I saw I had a lot of comments. I clicked on my recent video, the top comment was “Thumbs up if Tumblr brought you here.” It had nearly 200 thumbs. My excitement grew.

My voice was being noticed. Tumblr was a very good place to spread things, it was like wild fire. “I think all of us guys should sing on my channel now. If they like my voice, they will love us all.” I turned to him and he smiled.

I got up and pulled on a pair of jeans and a v-neck. I carried my laptop down the stairs and set it on the dining room table. I sat there for a bit staring at my YouTube page. Comments were flooding in; my subscribers were going through the roof. I had 2,856 by the time the rest of the boys got up. A good 300 increase from before. How was this happening? I thought it took time to become popular. I was fine with a small amount, but I wasn’t complaining.

The guys stood around the computer and gazed. I shut the laptop off and grabbed some food. We all sat at the table. “Will you guys sing with me?” I asked.

They all looked at each other. “You really want us to sing with you, you are doing great on your own.” Liam said, the boys agreed.

“I want to sing with you.” Lou injected. I smiled; I already knew he would agree. “Come on, mates. We have a chance here. We wanted to start new, yeah? We all dream about singing. Let’s jump at the opportunity while it’s there. Harry is asking us to do this, it’s not like we are forcing him to let us.”

“Exactly. Without you guys, I wouldn’t be here, sitting at this table with almost 3,000 subscribers on YouTube, with my best mates in New York. I never thought I’d ever see America.”

The guys remained quiet. Liam was making weird faces, as if he was fighting with himself. Zayn was staring at his toast. Niall was staring at Zayn’s toast as well. I sighed and balled up a napkin, tossing it at Niall’s head. “Hey!” He yelled. I gave him a serious look and he sighed, “I’ll do it, you are right, I do want to sing, and it’s been my dream for a long time. I think getting out of the bedroom and on peoples computers would be nice.”

I smiled, “Awesome.” I turned my attention to Liam; he was looking at my computer now, his hands rested on the table.

“Alright, but only if Zayn agrees.” He finally said. Zayn shrugged and nodded.

“Sure, why not?” That was it. My YouTube was becoming our YouTube. I loved singing by myself, loved the attention, but with my best mates, this could be great. They all had unique and amazing voices, there was no use hiding their talent when 3,000 people were fawning over mine.

So it was settled. We all debated on the song we wanted to sing. The guys got dressed and met back in the kitchen. I set up my laptop and waited for them to come down. Liam opened the lyrics on my laptop and turned to me, “Who will sing what or are we just singing together the whole time?” He gazed at the words on the computer.

I hadn’t thought of that. Now we were going to need to split lyrics up and harmonize and all that stuff. We talked about it for a while, playing around with our voices and figuring out which part sounded better with which voice. Once everyone had a part, we started the karaoke version of it and started to sing.

Liam was first.

Easy come, easy go, that's just how you live
Oh, take, take, take it all but you never give
Should've known you was trouble from the first kiss
Had your eyes wide open, why were they open?

Then it was Niall.

Gave you all I had and you tossed it in the trash
You tossed it in the trash, you did
To give me all your love is all I ever asked
‘Cause what you don't understand is.

I was up.

I'd catch a grenade for ya
Throw my hand on a blade for ya
I'd jump in front of a train for ya
You know I'd do anything for ya

Then Zayn,

I would go through all this pain.
Take a bullet straight through my brain
Yes, I would die for you, baby
But you won't do the same

Liam was up again, he sang his part, which led to Louis.

Gave you all I had and you tossed it in the trash
You tossed it in the trash, yes, you did
To give me all your love is all I ever asked
'Cause what you don't understand is.


We finished the song together and I left off with a message. “Hey guys, I never expected this to blow up as big as it did, massive thank you. I just want to introduce you all to my best mates. Zayn, Liam, Louis and Niall. From now on it will be all of us singing. Please continue to support us.”

The boys all screamed thank you and Louis added “Stay in school!” before I stopped recording. I looked around at them and smiled. I could see the glee in their eyes. We quickly played the recording and watched ourselves perform. We’d sung together before, but I don’t think it occurred to any of us how amazing we were together. The differences in our voices were huge, but when we came together it was like magic.

I posted the video, changed the details and waited for it to process. The boys were running around with huge smiles on their faces. “Thank you!” Niall screamed hugging me tightly. I laughed and hugged him back. It was going on noon when the video was done and added to the page.

I still had to figure out what I wanted to do with Issy and Fae. I opened Google and searched for kid friendly activities going on tomorrow. There was a fair in town. It was decided, I would take them to the fair. I hadn’t been to one myself in so long, that it would be fun for us all. Besides, games and candy, what else could a little girl want? It would be easy to win her over that way. But I also had a dream of winning a girl a stuffed animal; it would be a perfect chance to do so.
♠ ♠ ♠
I realize this is kind of short. I know it doesn't look that way, but only because I had lyrics added to the page.

I hope you guys don't mind me turning them into youtube stars. I know that because I made them leave the UK, X-Factor was out of the question (I didn't want to go through that anyway). So I figured, YOUTUBE! I love youtube, that's how I found Joe Brooks, NialHay (Just like Niall :D), Chester See and the British Bunch I love so much Charlie McDonnell, Alex Day and Liam Dryden. All of them sing. :) If you don't know them, WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?!

Anyway, sorry for it being short and such. More Issy and Harry next chapter, and you guys get to know Fae a bit more.